Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
heckenjoni

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by heckenjoni » 12 Jan 2020, 20:31

ELK wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 18:42
heckenjoni wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 22:06
Image ignore the pictre, in person i can only see blb where the red circles are .. do you have the same issue, looks like the frame is pressing against the panel, even with PureXP on i can still notice a bit of blb other then that very happy with the panel .. is this a common issue ?
That's backlight bleeding which is especially bad on IPS panels and even get's it's on name IPS glow because it's so much worse on IPS panels.

This is from google search of IPS glow.
IPS glow
The IPS Glow is a "glow" effect which is present on the corners of an IPS panel whereas Backlight Bleeding usually appears along the edges of a monitor. It is most visible when viewing dark images in a darker environment. ... The IPS Glow is technology-related and can never be completely prevented or eliminated.

edit: To answer your question directly. Yes I have the same issue. The issue is not the frame pressing against the panel. All IPS panels have this issue especially bad, but is seen on TN panels too. The back light glow was pretty bad on my 144hz TN but not as bad as this monitor although close, but it is an IPS so I expected this. Personally it doesn't bother me but it drives some people crazy. Your monitor is fine. IPS have way better color production than TN panels. There are people who refuse to use a TN because the colors are so much better on an IPS. It's a trade off I find well worth it.

edit: I guess I will include this. Some people prefer TN because of the better response time. IPS used to be a large gap slower than TN panels but the panel in your monitor is as quick as TN was a couple years ago.
i know what ips glow is, and this is 100% the frame pressing against the panel, if i pull the frame back a little it is gone, i am only talking about the part in the red circles, the other is just my handy cam and not visible at all

ELK

Post by ELK » 13 Jan 2020, 09:49

How do I pull my frame away from my panel so I can test it on mine?

oooo you mean the bottom. >.>

I'll test this soon

ELK

Post by ELK » 13 Jan 2020, 09:55

Mine has the same issue except it's only on the left and closer to the center.

llexam

Post by llexam » 13 Jan 2020, 14:10

heckenjoni wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 22:06
Image ignore the pictre, in person i can only see blb where the red circles are .. do you have the same issue, looks like the frame is pressing against the panel, even with PureXP on i can still notice a bit of blb other then that very happy with the panel .. is this a common issue ?
Same issue here on 2 separate units. Definitely blb (not glow). Seems to be a manufacturing defect, unfortunately.
This should not be present at this price point, imo.

[Also, G-Sync still does not work on this monitor, despite the G-Sync approved sticker and advertising. Perhaps Viewsonic rushed this monitor to market before it was fully cooked]

Zealot

Post by Zealot » 14 Jan 2020, 11:09

Yeah i have the same issue with mine. Though I stopped noticing it after I turned the Eco mode down to Optimize or Conserve.

G-Sync does work on mine but its flawed, I can enable it but sometimes during frame drops the screen just turns black. Presumably VRR is turning itself off and on again. Google tells me this is a widespread issue with G-Sync compatible monitors, hoping a future Nvidia Driver update will fix it.

ELK

Post by ELK » 14 Jan 2020, 11:47

Zealot wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 11:09
Yeah i have the same issue with mine. Though I stopped noticing it after I turned the Eco mode down to Optimize or Conserve.

G-Sync does work on mine but its flawed, I can enable it but sometimes during frame drops the screen just turns black. Presumably VRR is turning itself off and on again. Google tells me this is a widespread issue with G-Sync compatible monitors, hoping a future Nvidia Driver update will fix it.
I can't find an eco mode option on mine. Where are you finding this?

Why would you ever want to run this monitor with g-sync as it isn't compatible with PureXP?

Zealot

Post by Zealot » 14 Jan 2020, 12:31

OSD menu > Setup and then scroll down three pages.

I use G-Sync for games where I cant mantain stable frame rates since PureXP suffers during framedrops.
Also PureXP works best at around 120-144hz and I like to play at 240hz for some shooters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jan 2020, 12:44

Zealot wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 12:31
OSD menu > Setup and then scroll down three pages.

I use G-Sync for games where I cant mantain stable frame rates since PureXP suffers during framedrops.
Also PureXP works best at around 120-144hz and I like to play at 240hz for some shooters.
We agree with the "Right Tool For Right Job".

For games that wildly fluctuate in frame rate -- G-SYNC can be better
For games that can be consistent frame rate and can be made fps=Hz at low lag -- PureXP can be better.

Also, some games benefit more from G-SYNC while other games benefit more from PureXP.
See HOWTO: Using ULMB Beautifully or Competitively
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jan 2020, 12:48

The XG270 is now the #1 suggested monitor (by a narrow margin) on RTINGS for their next review:
www.rtings.com/monitor/suggestions

Thank you, forum members for your eagerness in getting this reviewed! Many of you genuinely really want to see this tested by RTINGS. That said, keep up the voting if you read this because the other monitors are also catching up.

Personally, I'd rather see XG270 have a honest head-start by our wonderful forum members, instead of the employees of a different monitor manufacturer trying to keep their monitor high in the list. (Mind you, they're eager too, but -- I'm biased). I feel that RTINGS favour monitors that have more user voting (non-employee voting), with RTINGS purchasing the 2nd place or 3rd place because of such considerations. So, keep the voting honest. If you want to see the XG270 reviewed, then you definitely want to see the XG270 reviewed. :D

So -- go ahead and vote XG270 if you have not voted this month's vote -- www.rtings.com/monitor/suggestions
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GammaLyrae

Post by GammaLyrae » 14 Jan 2020, 15:50

Based on what I see on YouTube, it looks like viewsonic is sending the qg model out for promotional / impression / review purposes. I don't think I've seen a video or impression for this particular model yet, so I'm really hoping rtings picks it up. They have some weaknesses specifically when it comes to testing backlight strobing of monitors, but it'd be really good to see an in depth review for it. I don't think tftcentral is picking it up and there aren't a lot of other places to go to learn real data about monitors.