Questions about settings for lowest input lag.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Worstylolzs

Questions about settings for lowest input lag.

Post by Worstylolzs » 23 Jan 2020, 11:47

Hello guys,

after study your page about G-sync settings and aplication on my system, i get some questions. I play BF 4 on locker map (infantry map) i want to have lowest input lag. My setup is:
6700k on 4,6 1.25v, gtx 1080 1860mhz, ram 16gb ovr 3000 mhz, mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite monitor: wievsonic xg2530 (In nvcp is write: this monitor is not compatible, but on official site of wievsonic monitor is compatible)
lowest fps what i got in bf is 210, on average i got 240-270 this fps is on setting renderdevice.renderaheadlimit "1"
After some long "feel" testing what i do with my monitor G-sync on, V-sync on, low-latency off, ingame cap 201 it feels like best setup.

1) first question is about command in BF 4 renderdevice.renderaheadlimit, after see redit about Future frame rendering, what i think is little bit same https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/c ... planation/ i start asking what is best for my lowest input lag? Setting up "3" and got more fps and have stable g-sync and v-sync on + 237 cap or it will have more input lag than my best feel seting, what is up in this topic? Because when i test it, i think all was better and faster, but i think it have more input lag.

2) my monitor(Wievsonic xg2530) freesync is not compatible is writed in my nvcp panel, but in oficial site of wievsonic is write like compatible, so i ask: is good use g-sync on this monitor?

3) If my monitor is not good for G-sync, can i use fast sync? I test fast sync with G sync off first without cap and after 220 cap and it looks more sharp, better and faster aiming, then g-sync/v-sync off

4)So with this setup, what is best setting for my competive gaming = lowest input lag?

5) Its better play with 1600 dpi and low mouse settings in game? I play 1000dpi and low settings and i think its not bad i migrate from 400 dpi.

6) is big problem if i got g-sync and vsync on + cap 220 fps and sometimes got fps under 220?

i hope its all what i need to know, sorry for my low english, but i dont want to use google translater.
Please help my with this, i testing and trying what is best maybe 3 weeks :D and i want to stop and play. So its reason why i ask you for help here.

Thanks for your next aswers and have a nice day.

TTT

Re: Questions about settings for lowest input lag.

Post by TTT » 23 Jan 2020, 15:23

Gsync just sync the screen with the game, it doesn't do anything to the sharpness. The motion will be smoother though.

I find with my 240hz screen Gsync makes your mouse less 'snappy' and I can definitely feel the slight input lag it creates and I don't like it, with a 240hz screen even capping my fps at 60 I can't see any screen tearing at all anyway. Gsync on does make motion look alot smoother and you can see things easier moving quicker, but the added sluggishness of the mouse Gsync creates I don't like.

I guess the higher FPS you are playing at the lower the added input lag of Gsync is, I'm playing around 90-100 though.

Worstylolzs

Post by Worstylolzs » 27 Jan 2020, 16:52

TTT wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 15:23
Gsync just sync the screen with the game, it doesn't do anything to the sharpness. The motion will be smoother though.

I find with my 240hz screen Gsync makes your mouse less 'snappy' and I can definitely feel the slight input lag it creates and I don't like it, with a 240hz screen even capping my fps at 60 I can't see any screen tearing at all anyway. Gsync on does make motion look alot smoother and you can see things easier moving quicker, but the added sluggishness of the mouse Gsync creates I don't like.

I guess the higher FPS you are playing at the lower the added input lag of Gsync is, I'm playing around 90-100 though.
You got true, i write it bad, but this still dont answer to my questions. Now i find, my monitor is not compatible with G-sync.... I was think that he was compatible, because i find it on some pages, but i see now its not true. I see some videos from battlenonsense where i find, if you have Free sync monitor and nvidia card, you got 10ms more input lag than Free sync + amd card. So new question is, what is best settings for lowest input lag for Freesync monitor + nvidia card?

Thanks for answers.

TTT

Post by TTT » 03 Feb 2020, 10:46

Worstylolzs wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 16:52
TTT wrote:

You got true, i write it bad, but this still dont answer to my questions. Now i find, my monitor is not compatible with G-sync.... I was think that he was compatible, because i find it on some pages, but i see now its not true. I see some videos from battlenonsense where i find, if you have Free sync monitor and nvidia card, you got 10ms more input lag than Free sync + amd card. So new question is, what is best settings for lowest input lag for Freesync monitor + nvidia card?

Thanks for answers.
Have you actually tried to use Gsync though? Its open to use with any monitor now.

Worstylolzs

Post by Worstylolzs » 04 Feb 2020, 16:53

TTT wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 10:46
Worstylolzs wrote:
TTT wrote:

Thanks for answers.
Have you actually tried to use Gsync though? Its open to use with any monitor now.
Yes I wrote it upstairs. From my emotional testing, I think G-sync + V-sync, low latency off, PRF at "1" and 201fps cap as the best option.
However, if Nvidia writes that the monitor is not compatible, is it still good to use g-sync?
Could you please look at the questions I wrote above? Alternatively, if they are unintelligible, I would write them again. Thanks for the anwers.

TTT

Post by TTT » 04 Feb 2020, 19:16

Worstylolzs wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 16:53
TTT wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 10:46
Worstylolzs wrote:
TTT wrote:

Thanks for answers.
Yes I wrote it upstairs. From my emotional testing, I think G-sync + V-sync, low latency off, PRF at "1" and 201fps cap as the best option.
However, if Nvidia writes that the monitor is not compatible, is it still good to use g-sync?
Could you please look at the questions I wrote above? Alternatively, if they are unintelligible, I would write them again. Thanks for the anwers.
Low latency turned to On is pre rendered frames to 1.

The list Nvidia put out for compatible Gsync monitors is just the ones they have tested to work well with it, its open now so if yours works fine just use it.

If you are actually chasing the lowest input lag though you want all syncs completely off.

Worstylolzs

Post by Worstylolzs » 25 Mar 2020, 13:26

Ok, thx for your help. After long time i got another question. When you have free-sync monitor, nvidia card and free-sync disabled. You got biggest input lag, but if you Enabled compatible free-sync, you got lower you input lag. Is that true? I got this from battlenonsense video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42nx6ubpfg