CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
nuggify

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by nuggify » 04 Feb 2020, 12:09

n1zoo wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 06:31
I have the same problem since 2013 probably. It has nothing to do with hardware, or internet. It's just fcked up and bugged steam account problem. At 5 different pc's my game feels like 60hz, with other accounts everything is normal. Copying userdata files from new steam acc to main doesn't help. It's literally unfixable.

The guy, who has same problem:
Believe me, I know what you are talking about, after all, I was forced to set aside a "career" for this reason, but the case is definitely not steam accounts.

I had the same problem in a team gaming house that I was representing last year, my game was horrible, bad hitreg and 60hz gaming sensation (with 240hz monitor) so I looked sideways, all my teammates were With their smooth and perfect games, everyone was playing quietly.

I also tried to change steam account there, but that didn't help, so I decided to leave the team because I felt my mind couldn't stand the problem.

3 days later the player who replaced me used the PC I was playing, and surprise? His game was butter-smooth, normal.

I have it almost 10, since cs go launch in 2012, I could never find anything solid.

I left the professional CS in 2018 because of this.

Over 7000U$ spent on it, electricity, new pc builds, wireless equipment, power conditioners, double conversion online ups, 6 differentes internet providers, this problem is old, there was a topic where people were discussing and saying possible solutions, I I tried all, unsuccessfully, I could never solve it.
My reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... _big_help/

I tried probably every windows tweak, a lot of hardware changes, different internet, etc - nothing worked.
So you have a fix. Just make a new account and call it a day. Ive spoken to the guy you are referring to, he even says making a new account does not fix it for him. He is of the opinion that he, himself causes the lag (he actually thinks he is electrically charged or something). Does not make much sense and he never mentions random tweaks or changes affecting the lag- he just says he always has it no matter what he does. Even went so far to say the moment his friend sits down at his PC, the lag goes away (same account, no changes to anything on the PC). Seems odd and not in line at all with most that experience this issue being able to move to another location entirely with none of the same problems.

pwn

Post by pwn » 04 Feb 2020, 14:48

nuggify Maybe he is a walking electromagnetic mine? )))

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 04 Feb 2020, 15:35

nuggify wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 12:09
n1zoo wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 06:31
I have the same problem since 2013 probably. It has nothing to do with hardware, or internet. It's just fcked up and bugged steam account problem. At 5 different pc's my game feels like 60hz, with other accounts everything is normal. Copying userdata files from new steam acc to main doesn't help. It's literally unfixable.

The guy, who has same problem:
Believe me, I know what you are talking about, after all, I was forced to set aside a "career" for this reason, but the case is definitely not steam accounts.

I had the same problem in a team gaming house that I was representing last year, my game was horrible, bad hitreg and 60hz gaming sensation (with 240hz monitor) so I looked sideways, all my teammates were With their smooth and perfect games, everyone was playing quietly.

I also tried to change steam account there, but that didn't help, so I decided to leave the team because I felt my mind couldn't stand the problem.

3 days later the player who replaced me used the PC I was playing, and surprise? His game was butter-smooth, normal.

I have it almost 10, since cs go launch in 2012, I could never find anything solid.

I left the professional CS in 2018 because of this.

Over 7000U$ spent on it, electricity, new pc builds, wireless equipment, power conditioners, double conversion online ups, 6 differentes internet providers, this problem is old, there was a topic where people were discussing and saying possible solutions, I I tried all, unsuccessfully, I could never solve it.
My reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... _big_help/

I tried probably every windows tweak, a lot of hardware changes, different internet, etc - nothing worked.
So you have a fix. Just make a new account and call it a day. Ive spoken to the guy you are referring to, he even says making a new account does not fix it for him. He is of the opinion that he, himself causes the lag (he actually thinks he is electrically charged or something). Does not make much sense and he never mentions random tweaks or changes affecting the lag- he just says he always has it no matter what he does. Even went so far to say the moment his friend sits down at his PC, the lag goes away (same account, no changes to anything on the PC). Seems odd and not in line at all with most that experience this issue being able to move to another location entirely with none of the same problems.
after creating new account game is good (but not completely perfect) for 1day max. After some time game becomes unsmooth again. It's unfixable. Electricity has nothing to do with it, because i tried to play with my account on many pc's, and at every pc CSGO from my account its unsmooth. I was given my acc to my friend, and i ask him to compare my and his account gameplay. He said that my game is like day and night compare to his acc. 60hz feeling, game not snappy, feels like something is wrong with hitreg. I know 10~ more people who has this problem and can't fix till now. Every week they searching for some tweaks but everything is pointless. The sad part is that steam can't help with it. They said that this is 128bit problem and keeps repeating the same shi* everytime. It's literally unfixable bug.

This is my game with this problem. 60hz feeling, hitreg looks super broken, broken or wavy sync acceleration between bullets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtjqD2-hkTU

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 04 Feb 2020, 16:45

So this problem is only in steam, and CSGO? and none of what I have spoken about is similar for you- input lag in BIOS/Windows, ferrites/toroids changing the behaivor of mouse etc? If so then it appears you are absolutely right, electricity is not the cause of the issues in your case. That being said it is the case in mine and others, and so I felt that I should chime in. It seems the network is also not the cause if it is only CSGO with the issue. Anyway good luck, I know these problems seem unsolvable but I am sure there is a logical explanation behind it all. Maybe attempt to get in contact with some of the Valve game engineers.

pwn

Post by pwn » 05 Feb 2020, 04:00

maybe it’s worth collecting data about those who are experiencing problems of a similar nature?
PC specs

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Feb 2020, 13:31

pwn wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 04:00
maybe it’s worth collecting data about those who are experiencing problems of a similar nature?
PC specs
Some software that automatically collects data would be nice.

If someone experienced with network analysis AND also competitive gaming -- someone will need to create software that can reliably automatically collect data while someone is playing a game. If someone is interested in starting an effort (open source), it could go a long way to improved understanding (even if still unfixable). The problem is people who are familiar with both (ability to create advanced network analysis software + understanding of networks affect competitive gaming) is few and far in between, but you never know.

Perhaps this person should partner with Chris of Battle(non)sense -- it would be quite a natural tie-up.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

pwn

Post by pwn » 05 Feb 2020, 14:53

There is an idea that ancient iron works better without any corrections Meltdown and Spectre. In the new processors everything is built-in (these patches) and you cannot turn them off ..
These are just thoughts out loud)

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 05 Feb 2020, 16:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 13:31
pwn wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 04:00
PC specs
Some software that automatically collects data would be nice.

If someone experienced with network analysis AND also competitive gaming -- someone will need to create software that can reliably automatically collect data while someone is playing a game. If someone is interested in starting an effort (open source), it could go a long way to improved understanding (even if still unfixable). The problem is people who are familiar with both (ability to create advanced network analysis software + understanding of networks affect competitive gaming) is few and far in between, but you never know.

Perhaps this person should partner with Chris of Battle(non)sense -- it would be quite a natural tie-up.
Rather difficult to get folks that have neither seen nor experience these issues, to want to put time into developing tools to diagnose it. Both internet issues causing desync, and power issues causing signal interference are the perfect storm for a problem that is impossible to solve without the right tools. And we do not have the right tools because the right people to develop said tools have not seen the issue. The only choice a normal user (even a well informed one) has is to try different locations in order to verify that what we see at the problematic spot is in fact isolated to that location. Fact of the matter, is these issues are rare. The mass majority will never experience this.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Feb 2020, 01:56

There's big money now in esports, so it might be just a matter of time before some study is funded on this, with spillover effects.

Occasionally, Blur Busters does commission research in the esports topic area, such as the Human Reflex article on Blur Busters.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 06 Feb 2020, 02:30

Are there any games that you can run a server on your PC and connect through localhost?
This will allow to see if the issue is internet or not.

QuakeWorld allows to download and run a server on the PC.
The game has advanced network statistics so it's a good debbuging tool.
I can disable ethernet and it connects or I can set the server with my router's ip so without leaving my isp's network I know if the issue is in my isp.

I always had issues with QuakeWorld, it feels unresponsive, heavy/hard to move, mouse feels sluggish/floaty. On rare occasions it feels totally different and I can actually aim.
It doesn't matter if I have 13ms or 120, the feeling is always the same.
Connection is stable and no packets lost or out of order.
Only way to know if the issue is real or it's in my head would be someone playing at my house or me playing at someone else's house.