Benq xl2420g or XL2411Z(or20z) or an other? (eizo fg2421)

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
GuidoLorenz

Benq xl2420g or XL2411Z(or20z) or an other? (eizo fg2421)

Post by GuidoLorenz » 04 Apr 2014, 19:33

Hello Guys

Im Happy that i find u guys, and sorry for my bad english, i hope i do it good. Im from switzerland and i play semi professional CS GO. I know a littl bit from Hardware but nothing from Monitors... I use right now a benq xl2410t, and im not happy whith it. My Graka is a nvidia 780 ti. And now i wanna buy a new Monitor, i read really much all in this forum but i cant read all im not that good in english... i read about the new 2420g gysnc monitors from benq , but they dont come out? it stands Q1 ... does somone knows the price for it? what is the best monitor for cs go? gsync? or an other? or is a xl2411z enough? and i dont need gsync for cs go? i hope somone can help me...and sorry for my bad english...and i i hope u all doin fine and thanks alot!

Oofloom

Re: Benq xl2420g or XL2411Z(or20z) or an other? (eizo fg2421

Post by Oofloom » 05 Apr 2014, 00:28

The EIZO has more lag (input delay) than the XL2420Z or XL2411Z. Gsync has extremely low input lag (input delay) as long as you limit your game's frame rate (frame update speed) below the maximum Gsync refresh rate (monitor refresh frequency). But Gsync monitors have been delayed. I predict a 24 inch Gsync monitor will cost around $450 - $500 (U.S). Playing CS GO on the XL2411Z should be better than playing it on your XL2410t because the 11Z has a blur reduction mode/feature and your computer is fast enough to run CS GO at high frame rate (frame update speed), and high frame rates are important to keep input lag (delay) low when using blur reduction mode. One possible problem: the blur reduction mode reduces brightness depending on the blur reduction settings you use. To ensure you can have blur reduction settings you like you should get an 11Z or 20Z with version 2 (V2) firmware. The version 2 (V2) firmware is needed to use the blur adjustment utility on Blurbusters created by Mark (Chief Blur Buster).

GuidoLorenz

Post by GuidoLorenz » 05 Apr 2014, 04:24

hello! and thanks for the answer. ah now i see the news from Blurbusters! gsync vs normal monitors... now i use fps_max 300.. and im everytime have full 300fps ... that means when i make fps_max 999 ( some real pros have it ) i have less input lag? higher frames = less lag? or its 300fine? so i should go with a 11z.... but can i turn gsync off on a monitor? then i can normal 144hz like the 11z? or is gsync everytime on? for other games would gsync good... thanks for your answer! you guys are awesome

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Apr 2014, 09:50

Blurbusters! gsync vs normal monitors... now i use fps_max 300.. and im everytime have full 300fps ... that means when i make fps_max 999 ( some real pros have it ) i have less input lag? higher frames = less lag? or its 300fine?
It depends on the factors, but don't forget that microstutters can be a different benefit than lag. A higher fps_max can have less microstuters than lower frame rates, without having less lag. So there can be other benefits, other than lag. (400fps is less microstuttery than 200fps, even at 60Hz).
but can i turn gsync off on a monitor?
- Yes, you can turn off GSYNC. You have GSYNC, you have VSYNC ON, and you have VSYNC OFF option in a GSYNC monitor (any three are available at your choice).
- The 11Z doesn't have GSYNC
then i can normal 144hz like the 11z? or is gsync everytime on? for other games would gsync good... thanks for your answer! you guys are awesome
I think widespread GSYNC will still take quite some time to arrive. I am excited to see it arrive, but I know that it's going to take more time than everyone has been wanting. The first one to arrive, I believe, will probably be the ASUS ROG PG278Q, a 1440p GSYNC monitor ($799).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GuidoLorenz

Post by GuidoLorenz » 05 Apr 2014, 15:39

Hello chief blur buster! and thanks for your answer!

the last 3 things i understand... but whats diffrence between a lag and a micro stutter? what would be the best settings in cs go? how much HZ / FPS MAX / SETTINGS ? thanks for your help!
what would you recommend? the 2411z? in firmware 2? i cant wait 3 months ...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Apr 2014, 23:18

GuidoLorenz wrote:the last 3 things i understand... but whats diffrence between a lag and a micro stutter?
Input Lag: A delay between input (e.g. pressing a mouse button) and the screen reacting. Like a delay during shooting.
Microstutter: See the animations at http://www.testufo.com/stutter
GuidoLorenz wrote:what would be the best settings in cs go? how much HZ / FPS MAX / SETTINGS ? thanks for your help!
-- Use the maximum Hz your monitor can supply (non-LightBoost is 144Hz, and LightBoost is often 120Hz)
-- Set fps_max to preference. Smoothest motion without too much microstutters/tearing, usually occurs at fps_max settings about 1 or 2 fps below Hz. (e.g. fps_max 142 or 143 during 144Hz).
GuidoLorenz wrote:what would you recommend? the 2411z? in firmware 2? i cant wait 3 months ...
If you can't wait on either monitor, you can do either:
1. Get the BENQ XL2411Z from Amazon and then do the DIY Upgrade to V2 if it is V1.
2. Get the EIZO FG2421.

The EIZO gives better color, while the BENQ gives less input lag. If you do not plan to use BENQ Blur Reduction, then V1 versus V2 won't be visible, and is a good low-latency FPS gaming monitor either way. The choice of monitor is a personal decision...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Haste

Post by Haste » 09 Apr 2014, 09:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
GuidoLorenz wrote:what would be the best settings in cs go? how much HZ / FPS MAX / SETTINGS ? thanks for your help!
-- Use the maximum Hz your monitor can supply (non-LightBoost is 144Hz, and LightBoost is often 120Hz)
-- Set fps_max to preference. Smoothest motion without too much microstutters/tearing, usually occurs at fps_max settings about 1 or 2 fps below Hz. (e.g. fps_max 142 or 143 during 144Hz).
He mentions being able to go as high as 999fps. So why capping so low? Isn't there a nicer cap value he could use closer to 999?
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

GuidoLorenz

Post by GuidoLorenz » 09 Apr 2014, 09:01

hello! thanks for everything! the whole site is great! im lovin it!!! how can i see thats the 2411z ist the V2 ? its a new number? oder should i ask them? give it some new specifications? im good with my 2410t... but hes old now..and i see bad colors and input lag (i think) that i go with the 2411z or 2420z makes no diffrent to me...thank for your answer

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Apr 2014, 13:08

Haste wrote:He mentions being able to go as high as 999fps. So why capping so low? Isn't there a nicer cap value he could use closer to 999?
fps_max 999 is good if you have a powerful GPU, and you're using VSYNC OFF at framerates in excess of >300fps.

It depends on what you are prioritizing for. Motion fluidity? Input lag? There are stutter harmonics / tearing artifact harmonics involved, so if your GPU is not powerful enough and it only fluctuates 110fps-150fps, it will look VERY microstuttery. In this event, it's better to cap near the refresh rate to smooth that out.

In games that have very consistent frametimes (e.g. Source Engine games on a recent GPU):
fps_max 117 at 120Hz -- three microstutters per second; faster downards rolling tearline
fps_max 118 at 120Hz -- two microstutters per second; fast downards rolling tearline
fps_max 119 at 120Hz -- one microstutters per second; slow downards rolling tearline
fps_max 120 at 120Hz -- no microstutter; but annoying stationary/vibrating tearline
fps_max 121 at 120Hz -- one microstutters per second; slow upwards rolling tearline
fps_max 122 at 120Hz -- two microstutters per second; fast upwards rolling tearline
fps_max 123 at 120Hz -- three microstutters per second; faster upwards rolling tearline

So you can see there are harmonic-frequency effects with the framerate interacting with refreshrate. But you can solve a lot of this simply by running at 999fps, which is far away from harmonic frequencies. However, not all GPU's are powerful enough to run at multi-hundred frames per second.

Also, during LightBoost mode, fps_max 400 actually has visibly less microstutters during fast horizontal strafing/panning than fps_max 200. The microstutter amplitude is equal to the step distance between consecutive frames. High-frequency microstutters at high refresh rates can 'blend' into additional, supplemental motion blur. (e.g. 60fps UFO during 120Hz at http://www.testufo.com -- 60 microstutters per second blends into extra motion blur). Low frequency microstutters are just plain annoying visible, if you are sensitive to microstutters.

All of this, only important to people who are stutter-sensitive. If you are not stutter-sensitive or tearing-sensitive, ignore this post. :D

GuidoLorenz

Post by GuidoLorenz » 12 Apr 2014, 12:31

how can i see that is the FIrmware V2 of the Monitor? some new specifications? new number ? from the 2420z and 2411z ? thanks!