Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
AddictFPS

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by AddictFPS » 07 Feb 2020, 12:17

Krizak wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 21:04
Anyone know if there is anyone that has done any reviews on this monitor yet for G2G, input lag, etc?
Soon we can see RTings.com deep review :D
verllar wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 10:27
Is this MBR (PureXP+) works with G-Sync? Because I play game with fps fall to 60, even with 1080ti and 1080p, so I dont know if this is function and monitor is for me.
When PureXP+ is On, VRR is Off, is the same in all MBR monitors, the current ASUS TUF ELMB-Sync (AdaptiveSync+MBR) is a joke, apply double strobing all the time, constant double image effect :lol:

The recommended strobe frequency for low crosstalk without any sign of flicker is 100 FPS/Hz, with VSync On or low input-lag Sync like RTSS Scanline-Sync, the same Sync that VSync On, but with the input-lag of VSync Off.

I recommend this monitor, is motion blur free, the LCD with the best motion quality in the world, very low crosstalk, I don't admit discussions about it :mrgreen: The most close experience to old good days with CRT 100Hz monitors.

You can low a bit graphics quality in games until next hardware upgrade, also using minimun 100FPS guarantees much less input-lag from frametime, 16.6 to 10ms.

GammaLyrae

Post by GammaLyrae » 07 Feb 2020, 12:42

DanniWantsAMonitor wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 16:04
GammaLyrae wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 00:15
It looks like in that video he does a pretty good job of demonstrating what IPS glow is and how to reduce your perception of it. A lot of the tricks I already knew (play in a well lit room, sit as far away from the monitor you can tolerate, light behind the monitor also helps) he goes over and shows practical demonstrations of what happens when you play up close in a darker room.
Would you say this video accurately shows IPS glow as you'd see it in real life (as opposed to all those over-exposed photos flying around)?
I would say so, yes. As demonstrated in the video, the effect starts to disappear when you're at a suitable distance from the screen.

3dfan

Post by 3dfan » 07 Feb 2020, 14:57

verllar wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 10:27
Is this MBR (PureXP+) works with G-Sync? Because I play game with fps fall to 60, even with 1080ti and 1080p, so I dont know if this is function and monitor is for me.
verllar, be aware the XG270 is also losing brightness when enabling its blur reduction mode at its current state, as witnessed here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B07VL5SNG8 " while not exactly as bright as the FW900 in blur reduction mode " (FW900 is a CRT monitor) and i see your concerned about this issue on your other post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6285 and no one seems to warn you about it here :roll:

it had been promised more brightness for the XG270 on the next firmware since long time ago. if you ask me, i am of those users that would prefer to wait and see it to believe when that firmware is a really released and working, especially after seeing so many manufactures hiding flaws and creating hype in order to guarantee their sales. :evil: also i dont know you, but in my country you cannot return a monitor just because you dont like it, so we dont have more choice than have to rely and trust reviews. well this is just my opninion, hope this additional info helps you to make a fair and convenient choice

BRYJo3

Post by BRYJo3 » 07 Feb 2020, 15:26

It's a shame that blue tech seems to be under utilized in the high end scene. Most pros have gsync monitors, but instead of properly utilizing it, they run their framerate uncapped and instead of capping their framerate for perfect frametime delivery, they let it fluctuate all over the place. A constant 120 Fps with ultra low motion blur 120 hertz high dpi mouse is simply the most sublime gaming experience. It's a shame that black frame insertion tech is directly at odds with HDR as a low motion blur monitor with 1000 HDR would be the dream. 4k is a meme compared to CRT quality motion blur and high quality HDR.

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 08 Feb 2020, 03:54

3dfan wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 14:57
Be aware the XG270 is also losing brightness when enabling its blur reduction mode at its current state, while not exactly as bright as the FW900 in blur reduction mode (FW900 is a CRT monitor)
I asked in this topic the Chief to say the brightness levels with fullscreen white with OSD max. brightness with each level of PureXP+, but is waiting until firmware is released. Low bright with strobe is assumed, is the nature of backlight flicker, low time On is less bright. With the new PureXP+ levels, is not a magic bright up, is a trade betwhen (Low bright and Low crosstalk) and (More bright and More crosstalk).
i am of those users that would prefer to wait and see it to believe when that firmware is a really released and working, especially after seeing so many manufactures hiding flaws and creating hype in order to guarantee their sales :evil:
I also wait, but if someone need buy today a new LCD gaming monitor 1080p with MBR, i prefer recommend XG270 because i trust in BlurBusters Approved more that in "monitor manufacturers MBR stuff", and more that also Nvidia ULMB, that unfortunately is far from a "crosstalk free" strobing.

I think they are doing the right job, target is imitate CRT motion quality with LCD tech, with good colors, bright, contrast, but are limited by current tech, so now can't beat a CRT Professional monitor in some specs, but XG270 is on stores, and unfortunately CRT monitors not :cry:

For gamers ike us, that appreciate so much ur current and functional CRT Professional monitors, i see u in HardForum Epic FW900 topic :D , we buy adapters DisplayPort to VGA to continue using it with new GPU without DAC output, BlurBusters is a very valuable project, i would dare to say that it is mandatory to support it.

CRT 21" here :!: waiting one LCD that can beat it :twisted: Thanks so much FW900 topic, i read about adapters and now i'm a happy Sunix DPU3000-D4 user :mrgreen: THANKS FW900 HardForum Community !! ;)
BRYJo3 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 15:26
A constant 120 Fps with ultra low motion blur 120 hertz high dpi mouse is simply the most sublime gaming experience. It's a shame that black frame insertion tech is directly at odds with HDR as a low motion blur monitor with 1000 HDR would be the dream. 4k is a meme compared to CRT quality motion blur and high quality HDR.
Yes, 100% right, but people can't buy new CRT, hopefully Sony, EIZO, Iiyama, etc... start again the CRT manufacturing, at least until LCD, OLED, MicroLED can beat it in all specs, just let's user decide what monitor prefer, but not, they closed the CRT business and ByeBye, they don't even sell spare parts for user self-repair Image

3dfan

Post by 3dfan » 08 Feb 2020, 08:26

has i said in hardforum, i dont pretend to start a war crt vs x monitror here.
i have read user "verllar" concerned about knowing a monitor suitable for him and asking about it here, and i see you recommend this monitor but he is not being informed about its flaws such brightness loss when strobing and i see he is concerned about this issue on his current monitor (Acer VG270U) in his other topic i linked in my previous post, so i, as a customer that expect to be treated fair and recieve important information from seller i will give my money to, wanted to help him to be as clear with a product he want and help make a fair choice. its up to him whatever he want to buy, not recomending anything (crt, lcd) in particular, just helping giving fair information.

unfortunatelly, even this site has becomed biased when recommending monitors, just by looking at the front page "BlurBusters Approved" artcle and using the amazon user testimonal to state "ViewSonic XG270 is superior to a Sony FW900 CRT.", here and on another sites but without mention some important XG270 flaws mentioned in that amazon testimonal such "not as bright as the crt in blur reducton mode, not inky blacks with ips glow", also i add no 60hz strobe support, which in my opinion and many others is critical for a monitor intended to be used to enjoy a beauty, colorful, bright full clear motion gaming experience. in fact, i dont see where that amazon user said "XG270 is superior than FW900".

again i dont want to create a crt vs x monitor war, i know this site owner earns comisions from viewsonic and its pretty understandable he try to make look the Viewsonic XG270 the best monitor, i dont say its a bad thing an he deserves to get a return for his effort working on it, but what i dont like and refuse to support is the way is being tried to mislead - hide important flaws and create hype to push customers to buy. we customers deserve respect and transparency, specially as i said, when there are people like me that can not have the ability to get your money back just because a monitor you receive did not meet the expectations you were advertised about or had side effect flaws you were not warned about.

i would like to ask chef blur busters: would current customers be allowed to get their money back if the next firmware (if it ever comes) does not meet the expectations?

LagBuster

Post by LagBuster » 08 Feb 2020, 10:14

Of course it's not "superior" to the FW900. Just the very idea of it is ludicrous, IMO. I think what's being stated is that it has comparable motion handling to a high-end CRT. The FW900 is not even the best CRT in terms of low persistance, it's just a very popular and sought-after model (with reason), and the one that the Amazon reviewer had.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 08 Feb 2020, 13:16

3dfan wrote: i would like to ask chef blur busters: would current customers be allowed to get their money back if the next firmware (if it ever comes) does not meet the expectations?
It seems reasonable to ask your lawyer this question.
3dfan wrote: i have read user "verllar" concerned about knowing a monitor suitable for him and asking about it here, and i see you recommend this monitor but he is not being informed about its flaws such brightness loss when strobing and i see he is concerned about this issue on his current monitor (Acer VG270U) in his other topic i linked in my previous post,
The first pages of the topic indicate the flaws you are talking about. Verllar does not have time to read 19 pages of the forum dedicated to this monitor?
3dfan wrote: unfortunatelly, even this site has becomed biased when recommending monitors, just by looking at the front page "BlurBusters Approved" artcle and using the amazon user testimonal to state "ViewSonic XG270 is superior to a Sony FW900 CRT."
3dfan wrote: i know this site owner earns comisions from viewsonic and its pretty understandable he try to make look the Viewsonic XG270 the best monitor, i dont say its a bad thing an he deserves to get a return for his effort working on it
Listen to the opinion of another person. Any marketing is misleading. Many users of crt monitors with understanding refrained from commenting on this topic, including me. There are still critical differences between fw and x270 which no one has mentioned here. But since this is not critical for everyone, I said nothing and stuck my opinion deeper into my ass.
Why?
Because the goal of chief is not to sell your audience for % of viewsonic and amazon.
The goal is to give large marketers information that a product with a green alien sticker is in high demand.
The result - vendors of monitors with a "burning ass" run to chief and fulfill the conditions that are dictated by chief.
The chief hand is getting stronger and stronger "compresses the eggs" vendors.
And in the future, we (the users of this forum) already dictate to the vendors of monitors the conditions for obtaining the coveted sticker by an alien.
Everything will not be limited to just one strobe or the possibility of flashing. I am sure that if everything works out, sooner or later, different g2g percentages and input lag will be added there, but not like other sites check with the help of an oscilloscope. And what we want - through a high-speed camera in real applications (games) with different modes. Etc.
And all this will happen if we now treat with understanding "ViewSonic XG270 is superior to a Sony FW900 CRT". And do not" insert sticks into the wheels.

(translate.google)
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Feb 2020, 00:15

1000WATT wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 13:16
The chief hand is getting stronger and stronger "compresses the eggs" vendors.
Blur Busters does indeed have broadening influence as the years passes by.

We're the site that popularized LightBoost ;)
We are why NVIDIA has a "ULMB Pulse Width" item in their strobe menus.
We are why ASUS now has a roadmap to 1000Hz (As mentioned to to us, to PC Magazine, and to DigitalTrends).
Blur Busters has multiple fronts in the refresh rate race to retina refresh rates, whether by sheer Hz or via strobing, etc.

Indeed, while we are biased in some advertising -- sure -- however we're not biased to which manufacturer that wants to work with us -- the Blur Busters Approved program is open to all established monitor manufacturers. They can contact Blur Blur Busters to get their monitor Logo Program Certified. Someone had to come first. Some may not be interested while others are. Much like some go get FreeSync certification, and others go get G-SYNC certification. The free monitor testing tools are available completely unbiased to all reviewers who wants to test using Blur Busters monitor-testing inventions.
3dfan wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 14:57
it had been promised more brightness for the XG270 on the next firmware since long time ago. if you ask me, i am of those users that would prefer to wait and see it to believe when that firmware is a really released and working, especially after seeing so many manufactures hiding flaws and creating hype in order to guarantee their sales. :evil: also i dont know you, but in my country you cannot return a monitor just because you dont like it, so we dont have more choice than have to rely and trust reviews. well this is just my opninion, hope this additional info helps you to make a fair and convenient choice
If the extra brightness settings are important to you, and you need to hear from reviewers, then it's best to wait obviously.
However, addressing the "promise" part -- I can confirm the firmware is now in testing.

It is currently my understanding that I think they are targetting during sometime in March 2020. (Don't hold me to this target -- this is best available information that I currently have). The CES convention as well as the China New Year (disrupted by the coronavirus) means resources were not available for testing firmware. They're finally doing that now. Obviously, testing is important because buggy firmware installers can brick a monitor -- so I'm fine with them spending more time testing it.

It is part of their required agreement because it was a condition of awarding the Blur Busters Approved logo to add the brightness levels. Several other blur reduction brands have strobe pulse-length adjustments (DyAc, ULMB).

The ViewSonic XG270 manual, if you download it from their website, already has the extra PureXP+ brightness levels in the instruction manual -- so that's the proof it's coming. There is a 2.5x to 4x brighter picture with the brightest setting.

PDF Download: ViewSonic XG270 Manual on ViewSonic Global

Screenshot:

See? Extra brightness settings already in the ViewSonic manual.

Light - 4x brighter, 40% refresh cycle pulse length (4/10th persistence)
Normal - 3x brighter, 30% refresh cycle pulse length (3/10th persistence)
Extreme - 2x brighter, 20% refresh cycle pulse length (2/10th persistence)
Ultra - Same as today, 10% refresh cycle pulse length (1/10th persistence)
Off - Strobing disabled

So -- just hang tight, the firmware is coming, as it's a legal requirement of Blur Busters Approved that they have adjustable strobe pulse length. It was a mandatory criteria. So the "promise" is actually "definitely" mandatory. Yes, you can wait to purchase the monitor, but regardless, the firmware is coming.

I'm already running the firmware. Personally my favourite compromise is Extreme at night, and Normal during daytime.

Cheers,
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

elexor

Post by elexor » 09 Feb 2020, 06:38

Will the new firmware have 60hz singlestrobing? if not have they given you any indication it's going to be added?