ViewSonic XG270 has better PureXP+ than XG270QG and XG270QC

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

ViewSonic XG270 has better PureXP+ than XG270QG and XG270QC

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Feb 2020, 23:49

I've been asked this question quite a few times already.

For those wondering which of the 3 XG270*** series has the best PureXP+, I want to inform readers that ViewSonic XG270 is the only one that passed Blur Busters Approved testing for the PureXP+ feature.

ViewSonic XG270 <-- This is the one with the Blur Busters Approved PureXP+
ViewSonic XG270QC
ViewSonic XG270QG

We have determined that the red phosphor built into the other LCDs, creates some red ghosting issues that limits the panels ability to have stellar PureXP+. Forum member ashun has tested the ViewSonic XG270QG and found that the red phosphor creates a visible red-colored strobe crosstalk.

We love the colors of non-PureXP so they are still great choices if you want the great colors.
--> If you don't care about blur reduction modes, then this matters a lot less. You can choose the monitors based on other attributes
--> If you care a lot about blur reduction modes, you want the best PureXP -- that's the Blur Busters Approved model. The ViewSonic XG270 1ms 240Hz monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

moog

Re: ViewSonic XG270 has better PureXP+ than XG270QG and XG270QC

Post by moog » 01 Mar 2020, 14:41

How big of a difference is there between the XG270 and XG270QG with regards to motion smoothness (especially when panning in first person shooters)? I just received the QG model yesterday but I’m wondering if I should return it for the XG270.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ViewSonic XG270 has better PureXP+ than XG270QG and XG270QC

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Mar 2020, 05:57

moog wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 14:41
How big of a difference is there between the XG270 and XG270QG with regards to motion smoothness (especially when panning in first person shooters)? I just received the QG model yesterday but I’m wondering if I should return it for the XG270.
-> No problem if you're not using PureXP+
-> Big difference if you're using PureXP+

Related info:

Beautiful Red Phosphor in New 1ms IPS 1440p LCDs Interferes With Blur Reduction

Credit: Forum member Ashun of ApertureGrille.com

phpBB [video]
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!