FPS drops in UFO Test: Blur Trail

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
Indialien

FPS drops in UFO Test: Blur Trail

Post by Indialien » 01 Mar 2020, 23:11

I'm experiencing FPS drops while doing the UFO Test: Blur Trail. I'm using a 160hz monitor set to 160hz refresh rate. The FPS fluctuates from 160 down to about 155, even dipping into the 120 range randomly. The only application open on my PC is Firefox, which is running the test. The test constantly switches from the green "Ready" indicator to the yellow "Stutter Warning" indicator saying "browser stutter detected 1+)

I read through some of the other threads and saw a suggestion to change the power mode. I've changed my power mode from Balanced to High performance, but the "stutter" still persists.

Any help would greatly appreciated.
Thank you

PC Specs:
MOBO - Asus ROG HERO XI
GPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 2080Ti
CPU - Intel i9 9900K
RAM - 16GB
Monitor - Asus ROG PG248Q (G-SYNC capable)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: FPS drops in UFO Test: Blur Trail

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Mar 2020, 19:44

Browsers are very sensitive to stutter, and browser stutter is sometimes hard to diagnose.

Also, run Task Manager to see if other tasks are surging in processor time randomly.

You can screenshot www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph -- as part of this diagnosis.

Testing another browser (e.g. Chrome vs FireFox vs the new Edge browser) can be useful.

Also, some setups switch to VRR mode or VSYNC OFF mode when in full screen mode, so try non-maximized mode and see if things are more stable. If you want to run fullscreen, try temporarily turning disabling Windowed G-SYNC, and use "VSYNC ON" in NVIDIA Control Panel, for full screen modes.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nuninho1980

Re: FPS drops in UFO Test: Blur Trail

Post by nuninho1980 » 03 Mar 2020, 19:13

@admin:

Do we update W10 2004 for eliminate micro-stutter at very/ultra low CPU usage without other application?
CPU: [email protected]
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC new! <3 :D
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: CRT 21" Sony E530 :D