Hello from ASUS [official rep]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Hello from ASUS [official rep]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Apr 2014, 23:24

DICKTracy wrote:While it would be nice, I don't think that BlurBusters represents enough of the target demographic for ASUS to give them a ROG SWIFT to give away. Might be a bit more likely to happen at CUSTOMPC or OCN
Who knows -- I'm certainly looking forward to an ROG PG278Q unit arriving here.

Although we aren't a wide demographic like a TomsHardware that covers A to Z in hardware, Blur Busters, mostly focussing on monitors, is already the most popular 120Hz-specific website on the Internet. Most sites don't focus nearly exclusively on "better than 60Hz" computer monitors the way Blur Busters does. Being the #1 LightBoost site, the most popular LightBoost monitor is the VG248QE, Blur Busters is helping make the 120Hz+ monitor market bigger than it would have otherwise been. Although I have not specifically asked ASUS. I do welcome vendors of related "better-than-60Hz" technologies to give spares for giveaways, much like for the GSYNC Giveaway where I gave away $1000 worth of GSYNC upgrade boards.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

DICKTracy

Post by DICKTracy » 06 Apr 2014, 17:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Who knows -- I'm certainly looking forward to an ROG PG278Q unit arriving here.

Although we aren't a wide demographic like a TomsHardware that covers A to Z in hardware, Blur Busters, mostly focussing on monitors, is already the most popular 120Hz-specific website on the Internet. Most sites don't focus nearly exclusively on "better than 60Hz" computer monitors the way Blur Busters does. Being the #1 LightBoost site, the most popular LightBoost monitor is the VG248QE, Blur Busters is helping make the 120Hz+ monitor market bigger than it would have otherwise been. Although I have not specifically asked ASUS. I do welcome vendors of related "better-than-60Hz" technologies to give spares for giveaways, much like for the GSYNC Giveaway where I gave away $1000 worth of GSYNC upgrade boards.
I never thought of it like that! That is very true! Here is hoping I was mistaken! :D

Haste

Post by Haste » 06 Apr 2014, 18:54

Give away for Europe please.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Apr 2014, 21:17

All 60Hz strobing talk has been moved to:
Manufacturers Deciding On 60Hz LightBoost/ULMB/Blur Reduction
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

d3smo

Post by d3smo » 29 Jan 2015, 07:33

I've plan to have a dual ROG PG278Q, and Because my graphic card has only one display port (GTX 970 GAMING 4G) is it possible to connect them to the GPU one using a display port cable and the other one from the HDMI or the DVI from the GPU using a DVI/DP cable ?
I'll play and using Gsync only on the screen connected with the DP cable of course, but could i expect to have a dual screen on windows at least with native resolution

carreraf1

Post by carreraf1 » 29 Jan 2015, 12:03

I see Benq is making a 27" 2560x1440 144hz TN low input delay with FreeSync (XL2730Z) are you going to make a comparable model with FreeSync other than MG279Q?
Last edited by carreraf1 on 30 Jan 2015, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Bocalot

Post by Bocalot » 30 Jan 2015, 10:05

Hi, and I am new here, late to the party so to speak, but glad I didn't miss it. I got a Asus VG248QE 24" 144hz monitor right before Christmas, and it is a huge upgrade for me over what I had. Yes I am very much a noob, but everyone starts at their own beginning. Found this great site here, and so far there is no way I could have learned what I have learned here. I also got a Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard about 3 months ago. So much to learn, and at the same time I absolutely love it.