Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Zealot

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Zealot » 13 Apr 2020, 12:52

After updating the firmware the RGB keeps turning itself back on after every standby/power up. Is there a solution for this? Having to disable it every time gets annoying.

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 13 Apr 2020, 20:29

Info from amazon.com XG270 reviews, i don't know if it will be true or not, i not have this monitor for test:

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG270- ... tBy=recent

Client Eric, annoyance with PureXP+, after reboot PC, PureXP+ is not working properly, bad image quality (more crosstalk than espected i think) and client need to disable PrueXP+ and enable it again to fix. The same occurs if client change some graphics settings, need re-enable PureXP+ in order to "refresh" the PureXP+ to detect the new settings.

Screenshots show much backlight bleeding.

Client Shinku, say the joystick is very flimsy, sometimes getting stuck. Operating System BSOD after monitor update, every time they open a 3D App. I think can be a faulty unit, here people not have this serious BSOD issue.

h4lli

Post by h4lli » 14 Apr 2020, 00:46

Zealot wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 12:52
After updating the firmware the RGB keeps turning itself back on after every standby/power up. Is there a solution for this? Having to disable it every time gets annoying.
had the same issue.. choose "reset" once in the setup menu.. worked for me.. RGB now stays off :)

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 14 Apr 2020, 02:49

I got similar backlight bleeding, but only the lower right corner is noticeable in dark scenes.

Haven't updated my firmware.
It's possible PureXP might malfunction when changing the resolution, but I haven't noticed it so far. I keep the screen at 120Hz both in desktop and in games.
I only use it for games where I can push 120fps constantly. I turn in on when opening the game and turn if off when I leave the game (you press the quick access button once to enable/disable - you need to configure quick access first). Since I don't leave PureXP on all the time I don't have to worry about restarts and resolution changes.
The one time PureXP was looking off it turned out the game was running at 200 fps. I enabled vsync and it looked much better.

What actually bothers me is that I can't switch from Gsync games to PureXP games without toggling adaptive sync in the menu (which takes like 6 inputs to do). I would prefer an app to enable/disable PureXP and Adaptive Sync instead of the monitor buttons. (I didn't download the monitor APP, it might have this option)
Also my screen blacks out from time to time when using Gsync, but that might be Nvidia's driver to blame.

Zealot

Post by Zealot » 14 Apr 2020, 07:40

Ansive wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 02:49
Also my screen blacks out from time to time when using Gsync, but that might be Nvidia's driver to blame.
I had that issue aswell, I fixed it by using CRU to set the VR limit from 48 - 240 to 55-240. No more black screens once I changed the lower VRR limit.

Open CRU(Custom Resolution Utility) and hit Edit in the top right corner, then change the Vrate limit like i mentioned. You will have to use the restart .exe thats included in the download afterwards

HyperSlayer72

Post by HyperSlayer72 » 14 Apr 2020, 22:15

Has anyone posted any pursuit camera photos yet? I really want to see how strobbing looks on this monitor. The rtings photo isn't sufficient. Can anyone post some? Preferably showing how the monitor looks with strobbing off at 240hz, and strobing on at 224hz and 240hz?

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 15 Apr 2020, 01:59

You can check my photos. Not pursuit, but fast shutter speed.
viewtopic.php?p=47492#p47492

Zealot wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 07:40
Ansive wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 02:49
I had that issue aswell, I fixed it by using CRU to set the VR limit from 48 - 240 to 55-240. No more black screens once I changed the lower VRR limit.

Open CRU(Custom Resolution Utility) and hit Edit in the top right corner, then change the Vrate limit like i mentioned. You will have to use the restart .exe thats included in the download afterwards
Thanks! I did the edit, I hope it will stop flashing.

Smo

Post by Smo » 16 Apr 2020, 08:46

I just had this beast delivered, my first foray into 240hz(been on IPS panels for a while). I am pleasantly surprised by this thing. It's a true beauty AND 240hz.

I am struggling a little bit with the firmware update or checking if I have the latest firmware. I can't seem to get the popup in the controller software. I have the included USB cable plugged into the comp, I've tried all slots and no dice. I'd have to assume that if I just received it, that I possibly have the latest firmware? Anyway to check or any settings that I can check that I should have on newer firmware?
**EDIT** for some reason it took a few reboots and reinstalls of the software and it popped up**

One interesting thing is running the ufo test with the different settings and pin pointing the differences and being new to a lot of these technologies, what is the optimal setup for the best 240hz settings in an FPS(I know a lot of this is subjective based on video card and preference)?

The other question is PureXP a replacement for G-sync? Should that be off in the nvidia control panel?

Appreciate all your help in designing this monitor Chief, it's a true beauty!

Smo

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Apr 2020, 16:17

AddictFPS wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 20:29
Info from amazon.com XG270 reviews, i don't know if it will be true or not, i not have this monitor for test:

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG270- ... tBy=recent

Client Eric, annoyance with PureXP+, after reboot PC, PureXP+ is not working properly, bad image quality (more crosstalk than espected i think) and client need to disable PrueXP+ and enable it again to fix. The same occurs if client change some graphics settings, need re-enable PureXP+ in order to "refresh" the PureXP+ to detect the new settings.
Great news, the firmware upgrade fixes this -- it will remember PureXP between reboots now. Please make sure to install Viewsonic Elite Display Controller, reboot your computer, and then let it install the latest firmware.

Recommended PureXP+ refresh rate is 120Hz. Best blur reduction results occur at 75Hz to 144Hz, though if you want highest-Hz blur reduction, 224Hz looks noticeably better than 240Hz.
HyperSlayer72 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 22:15
Has anyone posted any pursuit camera photos yet? I really want to see how strobbing looks on this monitor. The rtings photo isn't sufficient. Can anyone post some? Preferably showing how the monitor looks with strobbing off at 240hz, and strobing on at 224hz and 240hz?
In the next month, we'll be posting more pursuit camera pictures of 75Hz through 240Hz, including the easter egg modes (The unofficial low-lag QFT 120Hz mode, as well as the unofficial 10-bit 224Hz mode).

Due to improved overdrive, I should note 224Hz looks better than 240Hz for both strobing ON and strobing OFF (PureXP+ OFF). When using 224Hz, use maximum overdrive setting.
Zealot wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 12:52
Does this still happen when you do "Memory Recall" (factory reset)?
Most weird quirks after firmware updates, are solvable via a fresh factory reset of all picture settings.
Remember to write down your settings beforehand.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Apr 2020, 16:18

Smo wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 08:46
The other question is PureXP a replacement for G-sync? Should that be off in the nvidia control panel?
Both have their pros/cons.
Right tool for the right job.

For stuttery games that fluctuates lots in frame rates -- use G-SYNC Compatible
For glassy-smooth games that can do fps=Hz with PureXP -- use PureXP+

Sometimes a stuttery game can go glassy smooth if you have enough GPU performance to guarantee fps=Hz during the various methods of frame rate capping (VSYNC ON, or tearingless VSYNC OFF via RTSS Scanline Sync, or Low-Lag VSYNC ON, or other method of fps=Hz).
Smo wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 08:46
Appreciate all your help in designing this monitor Chief, it's a true beauty!
You're welcome!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!