BENQ XL2411P scanlines/faint moving-like signals horizontal grey-ish lines

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
phaze

BENQ XL2411P scanlines/faint moving-like signals horizontal grey-ish lines

Post by phaze » 23 Feb 2020, 20:39

I recently bought the xl2411p and I noticed that when i turn off instant mode in monitor settings these lines show up across the whole screen and they are flickering (happens only on 100hz+) if i put it to 60hz they are gone but when I turn on instant mode they dissapear. Sometimes they apper even if I have instant mode on but only when i launch csgo and to make it disappear I have to turn the monitor off and then back on and then its fine. Once it happend on boot only once tho.

While instant mode is on when the lines appear they dont disappear even on 60hz only fix is if I turn off/off

I returned 4 units of this monitor because 3 of them got the same problem and the 4th got an intenal LCD scratch but it was perfect (November 2018 Batch)

but I got this one today after I returned the Scratched LCD ones, this one is March 2019 Batch, and I was so happy cuz its better than any 2018 version, but turns it out it still got the same faint horizontal gray lines.

a seller told me this is a parallel length issue in the panel itself, he even tried his (September batch) it didnt have those faint grey lines in instant mode off, but mine was sooo clear, they were moving like waves too for my monitor, so Idk what to do, also I realized this problems appears with the loosey cables of DP. they go in the card easily, but the November batch had a heavy head and it's kinda hard to push it in the card(the monitor that didnt have this issue). so idk any help how could i let it go?

*HERE IS HOW THEY KINDA LOOK LIKE http://i.imgur.com/cIRszXp.jpg*

- Tried sperating the PSU/Power of the monitor cable from the DP cable
- Tried new extension
- Tried hard resetting the OSD settings
- Tried soft resetting from the Device manager
- Tried DDU to clean reinstall the driver
- Tried another house aswell

I have a feeling that it might be a firmware issue that the firmware doesn't respect the selected option when something changes the resolution ( csgo playing on 1280x960 ), so in order to force the firmware to use the instant mode ON even thought it selected ON in the menu, is to turn off the monitor and open it back again

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BENQ XL2411P scanlines/faint moving-like signals horizontal grey-ish lines

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Feb 2020, 23:57

There may be multiple problems at play:

-- The vertical lines issue is a panel being pushed close to its limits, usually an interaction with LCD inversion electronics. These horizontal lines have been common on various older high-Hz 144Hz TN panels of the past. It's seen on some other panels (such as VG248QE when LightBoost is enabled)

-- The Instant Mode not resetting properly may be a firmware issue.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

luriztfikri1

Post by luriztfikri1 » 04 May 2020, 20:37

i have this issue too, the instant mode not resetting properly, when i launch CSGO i saw it has trails when i moving around, but when i turn off then turn it on again the monitor, the trails/ghosting totally gone.
what should i do to fix this?:(

phaze

Post by phaze » 05 May 2020, 02:45

luriztfikri1 wrote:
04 May 2020, 20:37
i have this issue too, the instant mode not resetting properly, when i launch CSGO i saw it has trails when i moving around, but when i turn off then turn it on again the monitor, the trails/ghosting totally gone.
what should i do to fix this?:(
Yes same here i think its a well known issue

luriztfikri1

Post by luriztfikri1 » 05 May 2020, 12:46

so the solution only is RMA ?

phaze

Post by phaze » 05 May 2020, 16:59

luriztfikri1 wrote:
05 May 2020, 12:46
No i dont think, cuz I've tried 5 monitors and they all have the same issue

luriztfikri1

Post by luriztfikri1 » 06 May 2020, 04:05

phaze wrote:
05 May 2020, 16:59
luriztfikri1 wrote:
05 May 2020, 12:46
No i dont think, cuz I've tried 5 monitors and they all have the same issue
oh damn....

luriztfikri1

Post by luriztfikri1 » 06 May 2020, 04:06

but i have friends who got xl2411p, and they don't have the issue...

phaze

Post by phaze » 27 May 2020, 15:16

luriztfikri1 wrote:
06 May 2020, 04:06
but i have friends who got xl2411p, and they don't have the issue...
idk tbh :( im stuck now with 75hz and I dont know what to do.

pukka

Post by pukka » 21 Jun 2020, 22:47

Okay, well i have the same issue with my XL2411P. I purchased my monitor around september/aug 2019 was using it for around 2-3 months when i started experiencing the horizontal faint grey lines which move down the monitor.

*I still am diagnosing the issue. I'll list below things I've done to test from my first experience to 7 months on:
1. Tested BIOS boot options CSM on & off also Legacy/UEFI if MBR install you can't test Legacy (lines still came up eventually).
2. Other settings like RAM, cpu, gpu overclocks etc tried with and without. (still show up)
3. Nvidia drivers uninstalled with ddu tried very old ones, middle ground and latest. (still show up)
4. Re-installed windows multiple times
5. Bought a new PC except GPU which comes this week. (new pc with old gpu still lines come and go).

*I wouldn't just say that i get lines, i'd say even when the lines go away for a short period i then get some artifacts when shooting an ak on csgo.

*(Currently testing): I'm thinking that it may be caused due to windows color calibrator/implementation of icc profiles which causes bugs.
I've went into device manager and uninstalled all monitors. I also downloaded CRU from toastyX and selected the top drop down and deleted any other monitors listed which i ain't using or connected. It'll have a * on the active one.

*Since doing this my game looks less blurry and more clarity when moving.

You guy's can test it if you want uninstall any Monitors within device manager and use CRU to delete extra monitors which are showing up once u've deleted the other non active monitors and deleted the ones within device manager use the cru restart64 and it should look better.