Jagged edges, AA not working, inverse ghosting

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
1000WATT

Re: Jagged edges, AA not working, inverse ghosting

Post by 1000WATT » 25 May 2020, 12:50

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:46
1000WATT wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:39
Do you need help or explanation?
Yes I need help and questions related to my problem, not my laptop.
Ok, keep creating new topics.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 25 May 2020, 13:37

niros wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:40
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:23
I had "gaming" laptop before. It's my first high-end rig. However last monitor was iiyama G-Master GB2560HSU Red Eagle 144Hz but I replaced it with XL2546 to improve screen quality. At the beginning everything was in order and suddenly this happened.
I join the topic as im experiecing exactly the same problem!

My guess? it's something related to nvidia inspector but sadly i cant figure how to fix my issue
for example in Apex Legends if you disable TSAA you get edgy objects and so on - but if you force FXAA/X16 in NVCP it suppose to "fix" the issue + remove the Blur that TSAA adds - but! when i do so it has no effect on Apex ( i choosed apex on NVCP) so it's like no matter what i do i cant force AA on Apex legends

So i join the topic to ask for help aswell!
Have you tried reshade smaa + lumasharpen?
R5Apex.jpg
R5Apex.jpg (550.25 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

niros

Post by niros » 25 May 2020, 15:51

1000WATT wrote:
25 May 2020, 13:37
niros wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:40
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:23
I had "gaming" laptop before. It's my first high-end rig. However last monitor was iiyama G-Master GB2560HSU Red Eagle 144Hz but I replaced it with XL2546 to improve screen quality. At the beginning everything was in order and suddenly this happened.
I join the topic as im experiecing exactly the same problem!

My guess? it's something related to nvidia inspector but sadly i cant figure how to fix my issue
for example in Apex Legends if you disable TSAA you get edgy objects and so on - but if you force FXAA/X16 in NVCP it suppose to "fix" the issue + remove the Blur that TSAA adds - but! when i do so it has no effect on Apex ( i choosed apex on NVCP) so it's like no matter what i do i cant force AA on Apex legends

So i join the topic to ask for help aswell!
Have you tried reshade smaa + lumasharpen?
R5Apex.jpg
never heard ot that thing :<
can you share more info(an "how to" for idiots like me would be nice!) on how you made your game look great like this without tsaa on?

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 25 May 2020, 16:54

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 25 May 2020, 17:07

1000WATT wrote:
25 May 2020, 16:54
https://youtu.be/O4nBQ6rj5WE
We can use half measures but it will never satisfy somebody who's worried about his hardware.

This is also interesting. Line is vibrating like a string and looks weird in my opinion. Same is happening in games. When I bought my monitor I ran this test and it was looking different in better way.

https://streamable.com/76edn8

niros

Post by niros » 25 May 2020, 17:31

So i have found a solution for apex legends
I turn on TSAA which make the game looks awesome but adds some kind of a blur/soften
Then in the xg270 i turn sharpness to 75(still game looks blurry) so i went into nvcp and choosed apex and for that i choosed 100% sharpness+ ignore film grain thingy
Now the game looks much cleaner and its a pleasure to play with!

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 25 May 2020, 17:36

niros wrote:
25 May 2020, 17:31
So i have found a solution for apex legends
I turn on TSAA which make the game looks awesome but adds some kind of a blur/soften
Then in the xg270 i turn sharpness to 75(still game looks blurry) so i went into nvcp and choosed apex and for that i choosed 100% sharpness+ ignore film grain thingy
Now the game looks much cleaner and its a pleasure to play with!
Glad to hear that, but it's still half measure.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 25 May 2020, 17:37

niros clearly described: I want smoothing in Apex Legends but without the blur that is in tsaa.

You are in your three posts. You described a bunch of problems. Smoothing, flickering, mouse problems on the desktop, frame skipping, etc.

+ message from another topic
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
05 May 2020, 17:30
None of it helped, actually DyAc off made it even worse and escalated microstutters and screen tearing, which is interesting.
This is already completely confusing. And there is no explanation for this. Or you confuse the terms.

Want to solve all problems with one wave of your hand? If you do not have such an opportunity, then answer questions that are asked to you even if the meaning is not clear to you. In any case, I wish you to solve your problems, and patience to those who will help you in the future.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 25 May 2020, 17:49

1000WATT wrote:
25 May 2020, 17:37
niros clearly described: I want smoothing in Apex Legends but without the blur that is in tsaa.

You are in your three posts. You described a bunch of problems. Smoothing, flickering, mouse problems on the desktop, frame skipping, etc.

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
None of it helped, actually DyAc off made it even worse and escalated microstutters and screen tearing, which is interesting.
This is already completely confusing. And there is no explanation for this. Or you confuse the terms.

Want to solve all problems with one wave of your hand? If you do not have such an opportunity, then answer questions that are asked to you even if the meaning is not clear to you. In any case, I wish you to solve your problems, and patience to those who will help you in the future.
I found out what was wrong with DyAc. I was testing it while making lots of jump+crouch which is somehow buggy in CS:GO on local server and was giving me stutters. Net_fakelag fixed it so it's not an issue anymore.

Back to the actual issue - you are asking me about my laptop performance which I am not using for almost one year. Enlighten me please - what conclusions do you want to draw from information, that I have additional ~200 fps in CS:GO comparing to my old laptop?

niros

Post by niros » 26 May 2020, 04:51

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
25 May 2020, 17:49
1000WATT wrote:
25 May 2020, 17:37

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:

I found out what was wrong with DyAc. I was testing it while making lots of jump+crouch which is somehow buggy in CS:GO on local server and was giving me stutters. Net_fakelag fixed it so it's not an issue anymore.

Back to the actual issue - you are asking me about my laptop performance which I am not using for almost one year. Enlighten me please - what conclusions do you want to draw from information, that I have additional ~200 fps in CS:GO comparing to my old laptop?
Did you installed the latest driver for nvidia? If you did i advice you to watch fr33thy video on how to remove that driver (display uninstaller) and install the sriver that he suggest in the video ( ithink its 441.41) and also follow his settings as well!

Let me know if it helped (newer driver doesnt always mean better!)