MSTAR ISP rent/buy/sell/trade [upgrade BENQ to V2 firmware]

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Haroc

Re: MSTAR ISP rent/buy/sell/trade [upgrade BENQ to V2 firmwa

Post by Haroc » 14 Apr 2014, 11:46

Hello everybody,

I'm from Germany and I'm interested in a MSTAR ISP (unfortunately I don't have LPT on my PC so this is my only option).
From the previous posts I know there are some MSTAR ISPs around in Germany but I'm not sure if there is currently someone who doesn't need his anymore and would ship it to me.

If there is someone who would be willing to send me one (paid of course) please contact me. Otherwise I will purchase one from cart100 and afterwards could send that one to another person. But as this could take some time I would post again then.

Thanks and best regards!

kuschluk

Post by kuschluk » 14 Apr 2014, 13:24

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=lpt ... r&_sacat=0

^^ Wenn ich gewusst hätte dass man nur nen alten pc braucht hätte ich mir das ding damals auch nit bestellt.

=> bei den computern bezahlt man quasi nur das porto (quasi alle alten rechner haben nen LPT1 port /man erkennts am foto).

Ich hab auch noch 5 stück rumfliegen.

flamey

Post by flamey » 14 Apr 2014, 15:24

hi guys,

Firstly i'd like to say thanks to Chief Blur Buster for the excellent utility and site full of useful information! :)

I have a MSTAR for sale, UK only

Necro

Post by Necro » 14 Apr 2014, 20:35

Hi flamey. I'm in UK and would like to buy the MSTAR. Happy to pay what you paid for it plus postage via Paypal. I can't pm you on the site because like you I've only recently created my account and haven't got enough posts yet, but if you're interested then drop me an email at [email protected].

Thanks!

psxcare

Post by psxcare » 15 Apr 2014, 04:04

I have ordered the MSTAR tool and will be able to upgrade to V2 firmware as a service in Stockholm, Sweden.

The tool will probably arrive late next week, but if someone need help before that I can easily build the DIY tool and will probably build one this week.

You can use this email adress to reach me: [email protected]

Edit: One of the guys at work looked around and found the components needed somewhere in our workshop and built this:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Apr 2014, 09:31

flamey wrote:Firstly i'd like to say thanks to Chief Blur Buster for the excellent utility and site full of useful information! :)
You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment!

It's great to see the creativity going on in this thread, including the custom built ISPs.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mike.lwrnc

Post by mike.lwrnc » 16 Apr 2014, 12:08

Canadian here looking to buy one of these if anyone has one to sell.

polobear

Post by polobear » 16 Apr 2014, 18:02

Hallo liebes Forum,

hier ist noch jemand aus Stuttgart, der einen Programmer sucht...

Gruß

Necro

Post by Necro » 17 Apr 2014, 07:45

Thanks to flamey for the MSTAR. My update worked correctly. The only slight complication was that it didn't automatically detect the drivers, giving the errors "missing ftd2xx.DLL" and "privileged instruction". To fix this all I had to do was open device manager and point windows to the correct driver folder and copy and paste ftd2xx.DLL from the driver folder into the ISP_tool.exe folder.

Thanks Chief for the great instructions now to play with the strobe!

troet

Post by troet » 17 Apr 2014, 08:39

polobear wrote:Hallo liebes Forum,

hier ist noch jemand aus Stuttgart, der einen Programmer sucht...

Gruß
Dito!