Aorus KD25F vs Acer Predator XN253QX (Please Help)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
NoxPlays

Aorus KD25F vs Acer Predator XN253QX (Please Help)

Post by NoxPlays » 24 May 2020, 23:53

Hello everyone,

I have just saved up enough money to buy one of these monitors. I was looking for the monitors that are 240hz with 0.5ms response time and have come across these two. They seem to be nearly identical and are the same price, so which one should I get? I play primarily FPS games such as COD and Rainbow Six Siege. Also, is the Aorus monitor G-Sync compatible?

Thanks a lot!

ItwasLuck

Re: Aorus KD25F vs Acer Predator XN253QX (Please Help)

Post by ItwasLuck » 26 May 2020, 02:45

Neither. Get the Acer Predator XB253Q GX. It is one of the best 240HZ IPS panels. It has lower input lag than either the panels you mentioned so better for gaming 100%. Especially good for competitive games like Rainbow 6 Siege. On top of that, it is G-SYNC compatible and an IPS compared to TN so way better viewing angles and color reproduction. And best of all, price wise it is 100 dollars cheaper than the Aorus!

NoxPlays

Post by NoxPlays » 26 May 2020, 13:04

Sorry but I am not interested in getting an IPS monitor. I think I will go with the BenQ XL2546 anyways.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 May 2020, 13:25

NoxPlays wrote:
26 May 2020, 13:04
Sorry but I am not interested in getting an IPS monitor. I think I will go with the BenQ XL2546 anyways.
Why not?

IPS glow issue, I presume?
Or you just want the "fastest TN of all the best TN"?

My experience is that the new "1ms IPS" panels have batted IPS squarely into the middle of TN territory. While the fastest TN is faster than these new IPS, the new panels have literally less than one-quarter the non-overdrive ghosting of older "3ms IPS" and "4ms IPS" (often found in 165 Hz IPS monitors). There's even less ghosting/coronas/motion blur of some of the 1ms IPS panels, than the worst/older 1ms high-Hz TN.

Also, several 240Hz 1ms IPS panels have less input lag than the average 240Hz TN panels!

Basically, IPS has suddenly leaped from being "4x worse than TN" to "right in the middle of TN ballpark", in a massive latency/clarity jump. Even if the fastest TN is still faster, the 240Hz 1ms IPS is already firmly embedded within the playing field rather than on the sidelines -- apparently better than many of the 240Hz TN monitors that many are using.

Blur Busters opinion is that IPS is now paid professional esports-ready. It's now a legit contender.

That said, it's still early times. More reviews, tests, and testimonials are needed.

It's been only a few months since IPS shockingly leaped into esports quality territory.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

fowteen

Post by fowteen » 26 May 2020, 13:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
26 May 2020, 13:25
My experience is that the new "1ms IPS" panels have batted IPS squarely into the middle of TN territory. While the fastest TN is faster than these new IPS, the new panels have literally less than one-quarter the non-overdrive ghosting of older "3ms IPS" and "4ms IPS" (often found in 165 Hz IPS monitors). There's even less ghosting/coronas/motion blur of some of the 1ms IPS panels, than the worst/older 1ms high-Hz TN.
What 1ms IPS panels are you referring to here? Also would appreciate it if you could tell tell me a website I can look at which lists new monitors that come out.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 May 2020, 19:16

fowteen wrote:
26 May 2020, 13:54
What 1ms IPS panels are you referring to here? Also would appreciate it if you could tell tell me a website I can look at which lists new monitors that come out.
It's so new that the sites are still testing them --

All of the current desktop 240Hz 1080p IPS panels are using the new fast-IPS technology.

They are capable of far less ghosting/coronas/lag then ALL 144Hz and 165Hz IPS panels released before year 2020. Yesterday's IPS versus this year's fast IPS, is a big leap in IPS performance, regardless of quoted-vs-realworld GtG numbers.

Total night and day.

Currently, the first Blur Busters Approved monitor (better quality and less strobe crosstalk than LightBoost), is the ViewSonic XG270, a 1ms IPS panel. More are in the wings right now.

TN is still great for many uses, but those under a rock nowe need to be aware of these new next-generation IPS panels that outperform yesteryear's TN -- many of these clearly have better looking motion and less lag than many models of typical 2015-era-and-earlier 144Hz monitors, (and even some newer TN panels too) -- there is no longer a need to automatically parrot "IPS is laggy and poor for esports" thanks to the dramatic IPS performance improvements of several models of 2020-era 240Hz IPS monitors.

IPS is not always superior but the performance gap was dramatically narrowed recently.

Metaphorically -- it has turned a situation of "yesterday IPS felt 20 miles per hour, today's TN felt 55 miles per hour" into what is now "today's IPS feels 55 miles per hour, today's average TN feels 55 miles per hour, while today's best TN feels 65 miles per hour". Metaphorically. The gap has narrowed dramatically.

(Forgive me for using miles per hour terminology, I'm a metric Canadian, but most of Blur Busters audience are used to miles per hour)

The leap of a 2020-era "Fast IPS" technology is that dramatically closer to TN, literally straight into the middle of the ballpark.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

fowteen

Post by fowteen » 26 May 2020, 20:14

Thanks for this.

I also wanted to suggest an improvements for this site. I read this comment earlier before you edited it. If I didn't click on this post again then I wouldn't have known that you edited it and added more. So maybe when you edit a post it can be put to the top of the forum again/show as a new comment so people know that something changed.

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 22 Jul 2020, 23:00

fowteen wrote:
26 May 2020, 13:54
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
26 May 2020, 13:25
Chief is 100% correct, these new Fast IPS monitors are quite amazing. Some of them have extremely low input lag, even better than the best TN panels!

I highly recommend the Acer XB253Q GX or the XB273Q X (Native G-SYNC module). We have finally reached a point where IPS panels are not slow like their TN counterparts. 10 years ago when the HP LP2475W was king, yes you could say IPS could never compete with TN panels. But these new monitors are seriously amazing.

You should check aperturegrille's review of the VG279QM, it is a mid-tier Fast IPS monitor yet input lag rivals that of CRT monitors!!