just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kofman13

just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Post by kofman13 » 25 Jun 2020, 18:05

I have been literally researching what monitor to get as my first monitor above 75hz, first real gaming monitor. been researching since MARCH. Huge thanks to this community, especially people like Chief, RLCSContender, and ItwasLuck for their knowledge and patience in answering all my questions. I am also ordering an Xrite i1 Pro calibrator next week.
When i get my monitor saturday (i hope amazon delivery person doesnt kick it a million times and throw it off the truck), what should i do first? i need to check for backlight bleed? dead pixels?
What are the best settings to start out with?

RLCSContender*

Re: just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Post by RLCSContender* » 25 Jun 2020, 20:08

Literally nobody owns this panel other than me(most likely). But you are at the correct website.

On my model, the colors aren't really accurate outside the box. It looked extremely warm(yellowish) but without the grainy look of the vg279qm.

here are the accurate colors on mine(whites are whitest, blacks are blackest, etc etc). 40 red 43 green 46 blue

The hype is most definitely real.

UFO tests don't lie.

Not only that but the Quality control is Outstanding. Mine came with little to no IPS glow and no backlight bleed.

get the xb273 p ICC profile from this website. This is the icc profile I USE with the 40, 43, 46 setting. The colors should be 99.9% accurate.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/s ... t/8093?b=1

just download the driver, and inside is the ICC profile. Right click-->install. Then go to display settings-->advanced display settings-->color management and ADD that ICC profile and make it your default ICC profile and you are good to go.
Also, do not touch anything other than brightness(100 if you play video games, 30 for general computer use) 50/50/50 in red/green/blue are the correct colors.

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 25 Jun 2020, 21:22

RLCScontender wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 20:08
Literally nobody owns this panel other than me(most likely). But you are at the correct website.

On my model, the colors aren't really accurate outside the box. It looked extremely warm(yellowish) but without the grainy look of the vg279qm.

here are the accurate colors on mine(whites are whitest, blacks are blackest, etc etc). 40 red 43 green 46 blue

The hype is most definitely real.

UFO tests don't lie.

Not only that but the Quality control is Outstanding. Mine came with little to no IPS glow and no backlight bleed.

get the xb273 p ICC profile from this website. This is the icc profile I USE with the 40, 43, 46 setting. The colors should be 99.9% accurate.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/s ... t/8093?b=1

just download the driver, and inside is the ICC profile. Right click-->install. Then go to display settings-->advanced display settings-->color management and ADD that ICC profile and make it your default ICC profile and you are good to go.
Also, do not touch anything other than brightness(100 if you play video games, 30 for general computer use) 50/50/50 in red/green/blue are the correct colors.
why dont people get this monitor? because of size and price? It scared me to get it since no one is getting it but you and other people here RAVE about it. and i saw all your tests it looks so good. I also was waiting for your part 2 review to see about strobing but its in stock amazon and i really just wanted to get a monitor and not wait for MSI. hope i made a good decision for my variety/varied use case gaming. (not only competitive peak performance games)

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 25 Jun 2020, 22:47

27" 1080p is and the $500 USD price tag.

Also 240hz 1080p is a niche market and isnt in the same magnitude as 1440p 144hz-165hz when it comes to demand.

Makie

Post by Makie » 26 Jun 2020, 02:41

I think you’ll be pleased with the xb273x. It’s a phenomenal monitor with insane low input lag that will give you the competitive edge and makes playing multiplayer FPS games like modern warfare feel like you are playing offline. I will say that if 27inch 1080p doesn’t bother you the input lag advantage justifies the $500 it cost for the xb273x. I did find the only usable overdrive was “normal”. Extreme was unplayable. The only setting I changed was user to standard didn’t have to touch anything else to have that god level low input lag.

My primary monitor is a lottery panel Mag251rx. It has no dead pixels, no backlight bleed or ips glow on all 4 corners. This is playing in a pitch black room with no other light source. I play with adaptive sync off. The input lag on the Mag251rx is also insanely low, it’s god teir. Playing online fps feels like offline.

When compared to the xb273x the acer wins. There is an even greater competitor advantage with the low input lag. It is much more snappy. I ended up returning the xb273x because although it was a phenomenal monitor like the Mag251rx the 27inch 1080p wasn’t for me. For me 27 was too big if it was 25 it would have a permanent spot next to my Mag251rx. I found myself constantly moving back and forward adjusting my distance during extended gaming sessions. Simply it was hard to find consistency in performance completed to gaming with a 25inch 1080p. I feel the 25inch is the Goldilocks for 1080p. Again 27 vs 25 is all subjective and for me I decided to stay with my Mag251rx and return the xb273x.

I’m currently waiting for my xb253qgx and waiting to experience Dyac+ with the xl2546s when it becomes available in the u.s.

Hope you enjoy the monitor!

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 26 Jun 2020, 07:42

Makie wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 02:41
I think you’ll be pleased with the xb273x. It’s a phenomenal monitor with insane low input lag that will give you the competitive edge and makes playing multiplayer FPS games like modern warfare feel like you are playing offline. I will say that if 27inch 1080p doesn’t bother you the input lag advantage justifies the $500 it cost for the xb273x. I did find the only usable overdrive was “normal”. Extreme was unplayable. The only setting I changed was user to standard didn’t have to touch anything else to have that god level low input lag.

My primary monitor is a lottery panel Mag251rx. It has no dead pixels, no backlight bleed or ips glow on all 4 corners. This is playing in a pitch black room with no other light source. I play with adaptive sync off. The input lag on the Mag251rx is also insanely low, it’s god teir. Playing online fps feels like offline.

When compared to the xb273x the acer wins. There is an even greater competitor advantage with the low input lag. It is much more snappy. I ended up returning the xb273x because although it was a phenomenal monitor like the Mag251rx the 27inch 1080p wasn’t for me. For me 27 was too big if it was 25 it would have a permanent spot next to my Mag251rx. I found myself constantly moving back and forward adjusting my distance during extended gaming sessions. Simply it was hard to find consistency in performance completed to gaming with a 25inch 1080p. I feel the 25inch is the Goldilocks for 1080p. Again 27 vs 25 is all subjective and for me I decided to stay with my Mag251rx and return the xb273x.

I’m currently waiting for my xb253qgx and waiting to experience Dyac+ with the xl2546s when it becomes available in the u.s.

Hope you enjoy the monitor!
excited!
hows the motion blur vs MSI without strobing, and normal overdrive?

Makie

Post by Makie » 27 Jun 2020, 15:04

Compared to the Mag251rx it was just as smooth if not slightly better. I didn’t play around with the strobing on either monitors. Normal was the only useable overdrive on the Predator.

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 27 Jun 2020, 15:49

Normal for the predator xb273x is nvidia tuned to maximize performance while ghosting is kept in check. That is the benefit of g-sync monitor. (which also has a native g-sync scaler)

compare that to the same exact panel, the acer nitro xv273x where it's not nvidia tuned and the tuning isn't as good.

the difference in average g2g response times between the 240hz ips nitro and the 240hz ips predator are nearly 2ms apart. 4.4ms for the nitro and 2.5ms for the predator. SAME exact panel, different OD tuning. Although the native g-sync scaler does give slightly better response times since 3.0ms g2g for the m270han3.0 is maxed at 3ms(the msi mag251rx is at around 3.0-3.1ms with a very feint inverse ghosting error rate).

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 27 Jun 2020, 15:51

Guys i just got it. no dead pixels. But this backlight bleed? is this normal? i really dont want to return. this is in pitch black room with 100 brightness and my iphone 11 pro doing night sight night photo.....

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 27 Jun 2020, 15:57

not noticeable in games yet... i noticed it when i lightly touch with my finger that lower left area the ips glow reacts a little more than when i same area on lower right where there is less glow