just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RLCSContender*

Re: just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Post by RLCSContender* » 27 Jun 2020, 16:43

bruh, i don't have any flashlighting(BLB) on mine, just IPS glow(if i view it from an angle) then again all IPS monitors have IPS glow.

guess what though? When i take photos, i do it in real time. Guess what i found on mine?

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 27 Jun 2020, 18:10

what did you ffind

Makie

Post by Makie » 27 Jun 2020, 18:32

A dead pixel that wasn’t there when he ran his quality check test when he set up the monitor. Looks like a deal breaker and won’t be getting a replacement.

Looks like if you were to get a replacement used you have a chance to get his with the dead pixel now. For me $500 is a lot of money and like RLCScontender when I spend that much on a gaming monitor I expect no dead pixel minimal ips glow and ghosting basically a nearly perfect screen.

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 27 Jun 2020, 19:16

Makie wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 18:32
A dead pixel that wasn’t there when he ran his quality check test when he set up the monitor. Looks like a deal breaker and won’t be getting a replacement.

Looks like if you were to get a replacement used you have a chance to get his with the dead pixel now. For me $500 is a lot of money and like RLCScontender when I spend that much on a gaming monitor I expect no dead pixel minimal ips glow and ghosting basically a nearly perfect screen.
so far i love this monitor im going to probably keep it. still a pretty yellow tint on screen even after RLCScontender's settings and ICC, but if i keep it ill get a calibrator. ill only probably return if i get dead pixel

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 27 Jun 2020, 19:27

Actually, that flashlighting(BLB) should be an easy fix. Just grab a lightly damped napkin and wipe the area where you see BLB towards the corners. With my case, a dead pixel is permanent so i have to return it

that SHOULD fix it

if that doesn't work, I would exchange it or get a refund.

This monitor is good. The input lag is the #1 overall best right now. You can bum rush TN users because all of them have 2-3ms processing delay, whereas this monitor's processing delay is condensed by the g-sync scaler. The front buffer from the GPU is condensed so much that when you press a button, it's instantaneous. I play rocket league and it's night and day

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 27 Jun 2020, 21:41

yellow tint means too much red and green. it really isn't hard to calibrate it. A simple way to do it is using a white background. The whitest white is the accurate color and every thing else fixes itself.

So if the white looks too blue, adjust the blue. If the white looks too red, adjust the red. If the white looks too green adjust the green. i was able to get mine to 99% srgb. And yes, the xb273x doesn't have oversaturation and the brightness isn't as high either. Then again, these panels shouldn't have saturation in the first place. it's usually the older models because AUO was supposed to make the backlight wide gamut to begin with.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jun 2020, 22:58

RLCSContender, please check your private messages. Thanks.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 27 Jun 2020, 23:13

RLCScontender wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 19:27
Actually, that flashlighting(BLB) should be an easy fix. Just grab a lightly damped napkin and wipe the area where you see BLB towards the corners. With my case, a dead pixel is permanent so i have to return it

that SHOULD fix it

if that doesn't work, I would exchange it or get a refund.

This monitor is good. The input lag is the #1 overall best right now. You can bum rush TN users because all of them have 2-3ms processing delay, whereas this monitor's processing delay is condensed by the g-sync scaler. The front buffer from the GPU is condensed so much that when you press a button, it's instantaneous. I play rocket league and it's night and day
i love the performance of this monitor so far, especially with ULMB at 120 feels like CRT. the one thing that annoys me is the OSD IS SO STUPID. whenever you save to presets it only saves the brightness and color profile but not the game settings like black equalizer, not saturation, not ULMB, so you have to do all those things manually. so annoying

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 28 Jun 2020, 00:47

if my acer predator xb273x i didn't have a dead pixel, i was 100% for SURE going to keep it.

The performance is outstanding at 2.54ms g2g(it's faster than 90-95% of TN. I can only take 4 TN that is faster(omen x25f, nitro xv252q, aw2518hf, and the acer predator xn252qg) These TN are currently the fastest TN in the world right now.

. The overshoot is 1-2%(it's literally impossible to see), but the input lag is so low, that even if you play online, it feels like playing offline. when i games with that monitor, i didn't see ONE lick of ghosting, inverse ghosting, coronas, black trails, et. The performance was so good that it put my old OMEN x27 to shame.

The only time i saw ghosting was putting the pixel speed to the absolute FASTEST but that is literally impossible to do in rocket league.

ULMB is actually pretty good. i ranked it 3rd behind the xg270 and the msi mag251rx

people just don't understand the magnitude of importance input lag is in a competitive setting. You can literally play so aggressive yet u won't suffer any mental fatigue bcuz the input lag makes it so that the responsiveness is enough time to make calculated decisions in a sub conscious manner. I smoke TN users all the time when i play ranked matches. At my rank(high grand champ), 80-85% of users use TN.(actually, it's probably 60% now because the 280hz asus army is growing)

I'm starting to see a larger 280hz asus army in ranked matches though(I can see the monitor they use on bakkesmod). They are a bigger pain in the ass than TN because what you may think is a perfect 50/50 situation, they HOLD priority because of their extra 40hz to play with. They are playing at a pace that may not be faster to them, but it's faster to ME because that is how i perceive someone who's playing at a higher refresh rate. Thank god, i have the input lag advantage over the 280hz asus hoard, otherwise it would be an unfair advantage. Yes, they have a frame advantage over me but i have an input lag advantage over them and input lag advantage always wins. This is only contingent if the framerate is above 240hz,

the vg279qm/vg259qm are equivalent to SLOW TN at 240hz but become annoying if the framerate is at 280hz

LogicalIQ

Post by LogicalIQ » 29 Jun 2020, 13:48

RLCScontender wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 20:08
get the xb273 p ICC profile from this website. This is the icc profile I USE with the 40, 43, 46 setting. The colors should be 99.9% accurate.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/s ... t/8093?b=1

just download the driver, and inside is the ICC profile. Right click-->install. Then go to display settings-->advanced display settings-->color management and ADD that ICC profile and make it your default ICC profile and you are good to go.
Also, do not touch anything other than brightness(100 if you play video games, 30 for general computer use) 50/50/50 in red/green/blue are the correct colors.
Awesome!! Thank you for the color profile. Just wondering what you mean by "do not touch anything other than brightness". Should I keep the monitor settings 50/50/50 for color and the ICC profile will handle the color correction? Or should I change the colors myself via the monitor menu to 40/43/46?

Thank you :) Also, what would be a good brightness for all around? I have a mounted monitor and OCD, so messing with my menu just to play a game seems a little much. I'm at 35 right now and it's so far been universal.