Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jun 2020, 16:54

brownvim wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 16:33
I have played around with BFI on the emulators and it looks great, maybe I don't need a CRT in an arcade cab anymore. Will have to play around more.
If you visit emulator forums, and arcade-cabinet building forums -- please spread the word that 240Hz 1ms IPS panels are gamechangers nowadays. Few in the emulator community are aware how much they have improved, and how refresh rate headroom (240Hz-ness) actually improves 60Hz quality.

Note: In the long term, aka 5 years, I see MAME Temporal HLSL as well as (BFIv3) Emulate a CRT Electron Beam Via Rolling-Scan BFI. The long-term concept is to emulate a CRT tube via rolling-scan software BFI. For now, PureXP+ strobe is superior, and it will be a long time before superior rolling BFI becomes available (either via software-based or hardware-based manner), but I'm working to start some discussion on those topics in the sphere of emulators.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

elexor

Post by elexor » 26 Jun 2020, 06:03

I was amazed by software bfi with my tn even with the werid inversion artifacts. What i don't like is the blackframes are often mistimed and you get random flickers. Is it possible to get lcd BFI done on a display level? combined with 120hz strobe backlight. there's way way more games that can benefit from this that can't do software bfi. also can you share if viewsonic has any plans to support single strobe for future products?

I really am keen for 240hz ips just for the massive headroom for near perfect 60hz motion and great colors.

Dmoney405

Post by Dmoney405 » 01 Jul 2020, 15:15

elexor wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 06:03
I was amazed by software bfi with my tn even with the werid inversion artifacts. What i don't like is the blackframes are often mistimed and you get random flickers. Is it possible to get lcd BFI done on a display level? combined with 120hz strobe backlight. there's way way more games that can benefit from this that can't do software bfi. also can you share if viewsonic has any plans to support single strobe for future products?

I really am keen for 240hz ips just for the massive headroom for near perfect 60hz motion and great colors.
Keep in mind this monitor wont strobe at 60hz

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 02 Jul 2020, 07:55

elexor wrote:
What i don't like is the blackframes are often mistimed and you get random flickers.
Maybe this issue is related with CPU random load spikes reaching the limit of processing. Software BFI use one CPU core, if at same time the game, operating system, or background task overload CPU, interrupting notably this BFI core with a jump in Content Switches, causing a bit of lag in BFI process (timer), can result in temporal asynchronuos BFI until the process detect and solve the issue.

Windows 10 massive telemetry to control users in real time is a well know source of random background eat resources, causing game microstuttering or network jitter in multiplayer.

Try disable these background services as much as you can, and modify shortcut to increase process priority in game and software BFI. Beyond, if you have at least 4 cores, maybe some system managing App can assing one CPU core exclusively to one process, isolating it from interruptions, emulator game in one core, and software BFI in another.

niros

Post by niros » 03 Jul 2020, 03:17

Hi,
I wonder if there is a way to disable the blue ON light or change it color to something else instead?

Thanks

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 03 Jul 2020, 04:49

Setup menu, Power Indicator.
I was really glad to be able to disable it.

niros

Post by niros » 03 Jul 2020, 11:48

Ansive wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 04:49
Setup menu, Power Indicator.
I was really glad to be able to disable it.
Disabled it:) thanks
going with a black/purple theme i had to disable that blue little dot

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jul 2020, 19:24

elexor wrote:
Is it possible to get lcd BFI done on a display level? combined with 120hz strobe backlight.
Strobing is already BFI.

Software BFI is simply a workaround to reduce the stroberate of hardware strobing. There are many reasons why manufacturers don't like to enable 60Hz strobe mode, see this thread, but it is really just a one-line firmware modification to enable single-strobe 60Hz.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

elexor

Post by elexor » 04 Jul 2020, 22:55

It's dumb so many consumer tv's do 60hz strobing even today. Why is it a problem to have in a hardcore gaming monitor?

Immelman

Post by Immelman » 05 Jul 2020, 13:11

I need a help here please... The Elite Display Controller don't start, and it dissapear. I try on 3 differents PCs and with differents HDMI and DP cables... I can't update the firmware with this issue :/