BENQ Zowie XL2746S Owners Thread

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Justus

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S

Post by Justus » 02 Aug 2020, 20:18

TwentyFoe wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 21:43
I'm so sick and tired of these companies.... Why does the 27" always come first? Give us 24-25" for gaming, dammit! THAT IS THE ****ING TARGET AUDIENCE WITH 240Hz TN! I DON'T WANT A 27" MONITOR!
I don´t understand why people always say that 24/25 inch is for ´gaming´ and 27 inch isn´t.

Where is the difference that makes 25 inch better than 27 inch?
Is there anything about the technology of 25 vs 27 inch monitors that makes 25 inch models better?
Because the argument of the smaller size monitors being better, because you can see the corners easier, doesn´t make sense as you can (assuming you got the desk space, which I have so let´s pretend this doesn´t matter right here) just move the 27 inch a bit further away to make it take up the same field of view compared to it´s smaller 25 part. -Adding onto that i´d even argue a 27 inch is better for gaming compared to 25 inch as you position the monitor further away from you, which makes it that your eyes need to cross over less to focus on your crosshair, so in theory that should be less stressful for your eyes?!

Thanks for any replies in advance.

FYI: I´m currently playing semi-professional PUBG and am looking to upgrade my monitor, purely for competetive performance. I´m upgrading from my current Asus PG279q (1440p, 165hz/120hz ulmb, 4ms, 27 inch). I´m mostly looking at the XL2746s (lot´s instock for me on amazon, germany) and i guess the ViewSonic XG270, as the ViewSonic is the only "Blur Buster Approved Monitor". -side question: though i think it is worse in an esports setting than the XL2746s right?!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S & XL2546S (*DISCONTINUED*) Owners Thread

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Aug 2020, 20:35

Ahhh, the holy war of 25" versus 27"....

25" is easier to see all at once with peripheral vision, seeing enemies on the sides.

One can sit about (27/25)ths further away from a 27" monitor to have the same FOV as a 25" monitor -- approximately 2 inches further viewing distance. Some of us are more near sighted than others, and others more farsighted than others.

Desk sizes, keyboard position and seating position does also play a role -- your desk might be more optimized for a 27" than a 25" or vice versa.

Also, one can also use a lower (windowboxed) resolution to shrink the image, when playing professionally too.

There are also times where the 27" panels come on the market first, because of the fab output, so manufacturers often focus on 27" before the 25".
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TotalEclipse

Post by TotalEclipse » 04 Aug 2020, 08:24

Hey guys,

Just received my XL2546S and am loving it, after reading this entire thread and Falkentyne's thread on BenQ Service/Factory Menu's I'm completely lost.

At 240hz with DyAc+ set to premium and AMA set to high, and using Dirty Scrubz settings - is there anything else I should be doing for ultimate blur reduction?

I'm not familiar with using the service menu, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Should mention that I play VALORANT mostly and keep 220+ fps at all times.

Dirty Scrubz

Post by Dirty Scrubz » 04 Aug 2020, 22:33

TotalEclipse wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 08:24
Hey guys,

Just received my XL2546S and am loving it, after reading this entire thread and Falkentyne's thread on BenQ Service/Factory Menu's I'm completely lost.

At 240hz with DyAc+ set to premium and AMA set to high, and using Dirty Scrubz settings - is there anything else I should be doing for ultimate blur reduction?

I'm not familiar with using the service menu, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Should mention that I play VALORANT mostly and keep 220+ fps at all times.
Just to be clear, my settings are meant for my monitor and particular model. I don't know if they apply to the XL2546S so others may have better settings you could use.

Merukurofu

Post by Merukurofu » 06 Aug 2020, 12:52

Guys, can someone share default xl2546s service menu settings, i guess i fucked up with tweaking x)

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 07 Aug 2020, 12:16

sorry but anyone has knowledge of the input lag value of the XL..46s series?
We know they are the best in terms of blur reduction thanks to dyac + and low response times, but what about input lag?

LordGurciullo

Post by LordGurciullo » 12 Aug 2020, 12:00

Whats up guys!!

My xl2746s Finally arrived. I feel excited!!!!

So apparently https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/vg279qm according to this the asus has 1.7 input lag even with their anti motion blur on? Is this true?

Does anyone know what ours is?

Dirty Im going to play with your settings as well if you want to link them. I generally just mess with the in monitor settings, set up a 182 hz option, and mess with the blur busters utility. Do I need to do anything but plug and play? No driver right? Im coming from the xl2546

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 12 Aug 2020, 16:38

VG279QM 1.7ms maybe in the best case, strobing without VRR, flat 280FPS and 280Hz, low input lag strobing setting, therefore whit the most noticeable crosstalk band in the crosshair. Sadly no all strobing settings to measuring this number are detailed.

1.7ms is the same number that input lag not using strobing :lol: Therefore i deduce strobing in this mode, no time for hide GtG changes. Just backlight "flash" pixels when they starting changing to next color, at begin of GtG curve. Ugly color and contrast for sure.

LordGurciullo

Post by LordGurciullo » 16 Aug 2020, 03:43

I got it sitting on my desk... Looks good! So far colors look worse and everything seems to be kinda washed out... but after doing some tweaks and giving it a shot I have to say it looks fantastic. This is significantly better than the xl2546 and seems superior in every way.

BUT the blur busters utliity seems to be backwards... the bottom slider affects persistence and the top affects crosstalk... super weird...
it says BNQ7F77 and it doesn't save the settings either... The bottom slider controls the brightness and the top i think controls the crosstalk...

Any ideas Chief?

nexina7350

Post by nexina7350 » 16 Aug 2020, 10:38

LordGurciullo wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 03:43
I got it sitting on my desk... Looks good! So far colors look worse and everything seems to be kinda washed out... but after doing some tweaks and giving it a shot I have to say it looks fantastic. This is significantly better than the xl2546 and seems superior in every way.

BUT the blur busters utliity seems to be backwards... the bottom slider affects persistence and the top affects crosstalk... super weird...
it says BNQ7F77 and it doesn't save the settings either... The bottom slider controls the brightness and the top i think controls the crosstalk...

Any ideas Chief?
Assuming you are talking about the XL2546S, see this post I made a few pages back. The file you have to modify is C:\Program Files (x86)\Blur Busters\Blur Busters Strobe Util\BlurBustersStrobeUtility.ini, and try creating a new section specifically for the XL2546S.

Hi Chief,

I have managed to edit the INI file to make the XL2546S work properly. However, I only have a DP cable available, which means I cannot give you the other device IDs. If someone else can help, you can find the device ID in the hardware manager.

With 0x4D as the CommandEnable, all it does is turn off Dyac+ if it was turned on to high/premium and it sets it back to off. Re-activating the box doesn't turn Dyac+ back on. I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior or not.

As for the min and max values, I have tested them by trying to go below/above, closing the utility and re-opening it. When setting out of range values, it reverts back to the limits when re-opening the utility. For example, I tried setting the StrobeLen to 26+ but it always reverted back to 25. I could also not see any visual changes past the min/max values I found, so I'm pretty sure they are right.

[Display15]
Name=XL2546S
Device=BNQ7F7A
CommandEnable=0x4D
CommandStrobeLen=0x4E
CommandStrobePhase=0x4F
HasSingleStrobe60Hz=false
StrobeLenMin=1
StrobeLenMax=25
StrobeLenReversed=true
StrobePhaseMin=0
StrobePhaseMax=100