Gsync working for all games except Modern Warfare, but works till I restart if I uninstall drivers with DDU

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Rbk_3

Gsync working for all games except Modern Warfare, but works till I restart if I uninstall drivers with DDU

Post by Rbk_3 » 06 Aug 2020, 06:16

2080 Super with LGC9 Oled playing at 1440p framerate capped to 110 (tried in game, in RTSS and in Nvidia CP.

Every other game it seems to work fine. I’ve tried everything I can think of but only thing that works is uninstalling driver with DDU and reinstalling my Nvidia driver and it works for a bit until I turn my pc off. I’ve tried 3 different HDMI cables and multiple ports so that’s not the issue. I also reinstalled the game and that also solved the issue for a bit.

I am using the Gsync On notification to confirm. Any ideas? It’s not NVCP or in game settings because they do not change from when it works after the reinstall to when it doesn’t work. When it doesn't work, I get a flicker when the game boots up and the tint of the screen changes to a purple hue.

Rbk_3

Re: Gsync working for all games except Modern Warfare, but works till I restart if I uninstall drivers with DDU

Post by Rbk_3 » 06 Aug 2020, 13:35

So a little update. I think it Modern Warfare is turning Gsync off when it launches, because if I press the windows button to get to the desktop from in the game and go to NVCP, Gsync is no longer on at all. If I then turn it on in NVCP and go back in game, I feel like it is sort if working because there is no tearing, but it isn't as smooth as it should be (despite frametime being rock solid) and the Gsync On indicator doesn't show.

Edit:

Here is several people reporting the same issue on the Nvidia forums with no idea how to fix it

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... nt=2792680