Can I turn off vrr overdrive

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Ziehesh

Can I turn off vrr overdrive

Post by Ziehesh » 08 Aug 2020, 19:54

Hello, can I turn off variable overdrive on my g sync monitor omen x 25?
What happened with overdrive when fps and Hertz 230,and what happened when fps and herz 80?
Xl 2546

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Can I turn off vrr overdrive

Post by RealNC » 09 Aug 2020, 07:06

No. But why would you want to? VRR overdrive is needed to better reduce ghosting. Without VRR overdrive, the same overdrive amount would be applied regardless of current FPS, which makes the image have different amounts of ghosting as the frame rate changes.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Can I turn off vrr overdrive

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Aug 2020, 11:50

That said, low quality VRR overdrive can be badly tuned, to the point where turning off VRR overdrive may end up becoming preferable.

You can avoid this by sticking to certified monitors, preferably ones that are also NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Certified (in addition to FreeSync).

Ensuring a FreeSync panel is also NVIDIA "G-SYNC Compatible Certified" ensures that the generic Adaptive Sync implementations have passed NVIDIA's minimum quality standards for VRR overdrive artifacts.

G-SYNC native panels usually has the best VRR overdrive though, but the FreeSync panels that are certified by NVIDIA too, will generally have better looking overdrive.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!