XL2720Z cant use Low-Blue-Light-feature with Profilekeys!!

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
revnu

XL2720Z cant use Low-Blue-Light-feature with Profilekeys!!

Post by revnu » 26 Apr 2014, 10:05

Hi,

after flashing to V2 I realized, that it is not possible to map the low-blue-light feature on the 3 Profile-Keys.

First I thought something wrent wrong with the flash, and tried to reflash. I also did not test this before flashing.

But then a friend with V2 told me he has the same "error". And here in forum Chief told, that this was the same on V1.

So I want to discuss this here.

For me this is a bug, or at least a really dumb feature. I want the freedom of mapping 3 Profiles as I want on this keys.

Normally I wanted to make 3 Profiles: Day, Night, Gaming. The last two need low-blue-light. I really was happy about this feature, because that way I could fast-switch between this modes!

I cant understand why BenQ restricts this. Cant see the logic behind this. So we have 3 Gamer-Profiles we can map to this keys, with all settings, but blu-light-feature we cant use ? :/ Even the Gaming Profiles FPS1/2 have this ability. Downloadable Profiles (like the one for BF3) also dont have this restriction.

If anyone has a opinion about this I would be happy to hear it.

If you ask me they should release a Firmware to fix this problem.

As we know it from BenQ I bet they come again with the "itz not a bug, itz a feature"-mentality. But even if so Im really curious about the explanation.

if someone knows a workaround or is willing to join me in convince BenQ to change this plz let me know it!!

greetz

revnu

Falkentyne

Re: XL2720Z cant use Low-Blue-Light-feature with Profilekeys

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Apr 2014, 10:34

Low blue light is simply nothing more than decreasing the "blue" color value. tftcentral tested that and found the same thing. I don't remember the exact words but they said something like, going from 100/100/92 (Red/green/blue) from 100/100/100 is the same as setting low blue light level from 0 to 8.

So just make a color profile instead and change blue there, then save it.

revnu

Post by revnu » 26 Apr 2014, 16:23

Thx for this workaround, this helps for now.

But anyway I cant understand why BenQ restricts this. They announce this low-blue-light feature "so you can game for hours...." blabla

And then on the (also proudly announced) quick-profiles it is not accessible.

If this is right, that the low-blue-feature is technically absolut identical to just setting blue color down, then this is really a bad joke.

I mean come on, from this point EVERY Monitor since 20 years has this "feature". I know that much of this features are kinda marketing-strategy, but then it comes to this low-blue-light feature I thought, that BenQ at least had scientists, that experimented for weeks with color settings, to create a low-blue, but balanced color-mix in each setting, from 0-10......or even better LEDs that have Low Blue light by itself :)

if someone knows more how this feature is technically realized let me know. Slowly I start to understand, that BenQ has only build a second Controller for blue color in the Menu and relabeled the values from 90-100 to 0-10. Cant believe this, OMG :shock:

rev

Mouzuone

Post by Mouzuone » 26 Apr 2014, 17:10

with color settings, to create a low-blue, but balanced color-mix in each setting, from 0-10
I thought the same, something that takes out the blue spectrum which keeps melatonin from realising. Weirdly enough, no one really cares about the "feature". I for myself just used the tft central icc profile which already lowers blue to 92, so I hardly missed the feature. I even thought it was working, because I put it in the OSD and the LBL bulb was turned on whilst configuring it was greyed out.

Have you directly compared RGB 100/100/90 to LBL 10?

tarr0

Post by tarr0 » 27 Apr 2014, 17:31

It's the exact same thing for the "Black eQualizer" feature, the gamer profiles have this disabled!!!

Does Benq expect the user to manually scroll through the picture modes every time they want to enable and disable Black eQualizer for gaming and desktop use?

What is the point of the S-switch if the only profiles you can map to it are completely useless? This is the definition of insane.

revnu

Post by revnu » 28 Apr 2014, 17:15

OK now Im pretty sure itz a bug.

I had this with black equalizer also, that both blackEQ & low-blue was disabled.

I reflashed the Monitor a few times, because I first thought something went wrong the first time.

But I think it is a bug that can be reproduced by some way. Just try this:

Reset the Monitor to default, then modify one on the gamer profiles and save it. You should have BlackEQ adressable/working, but low-blue no way.

If you manage to reproduce this bug, plz tell us wich pattern leads to. I hope BenQ dont call this a feature again, this would be a self-serving declaration in my eyes.

For me this is clearly a bug, or at least a senseless & unnecessary restriction.

I encourage everybody to show BenQ, that we dont like this restriction, as it reduces the funtion of the s-switch to absurdity.

We managed to make a change and if we would we can do it again, so Chief plz help us with your connections to BenQ if you agree with that.

Firmware V3 requested

greetz revnu