CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
nuggify

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by nuggify » 02 Sep 2020, 15:08

I know for fact a lot of the people posting in this thread have problems that extend beyond internet and online play. You should really all look into this being electrically caused because I have the same issues (online and offline) as have been reported here.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 02 Sep 2020, 15:48

Last edited by SKILLEN on 14 May 2021, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

dendu

Post by dendu » 04 Sep 2020, 20:07

SKILLEN wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 15:48
But why sometimes game feels okay(most of the time doesnt).Can electicity cause this randomness ?
Try adding some offline/bots aiming warmup to your routine, it can help isolate your observations. Use "sv_cheats 1" in console and "weapon_accuracy_nospread 1" to make the bullets always go where your crosshair is.

There is another here who confidently thought the problem was purely internet related and invested in a dedicated line, which removed all network/internet latency problems, yet had "bad" game feeling still.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 05 Sep 2020, 01:41

SKILLEN wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 15:48
nuggify wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 15:08
I know for fact a lot of the people posting in this thread have problems that extend beyond internet and online play. You should really all look into this being electrically caused because I have the same issues (online and offline) as have been reported here.

But why sometimes game feels okay(most of the time doesnt).Can electicity cause this randomness ?
100% yes, for example, having high ping will not make your mouse feel heavier when you turn it around in a FPS game, ( stand still in game and just move mouse from left to right, this should always feel exactly the same no matter if ping is 10 or 200, (if all settings are same such as vsync off, framerate limit, etc)

if it is connection problem only, then where you feel delay is when performing actions such as shooting/jumping/moving around etc, things that has to be sent to server and back to you, there is where the network delay is, but mouse should always feel the same no matter what if all settings are the same, if mouse feels bad even on desktop/BIOS when it is bad in game, and feels good on desktop/BIOS when it feels good in game also, this is another way to know 100% has nothing to do with internet connection at least.

(also if ping is always the same, even when it feels good or bad, is another way to rule out connection problems)

the problem where some days mouse feels good and light, some days mouse feels bad and heavy , even after replacing all hardware, is 99.99% in my opinion because of electricity problems (EMI/RFI). and we see more and more people discovering this or being affected by it recently, at least from my research on the issue and browsing a lot of different tech forums over the past 3 years or so regarding this topic,

easy test to be 100% sure, take your monitor and pc to a friend or so, test your setup there, maybe test at 2-3 different other places if you have the possibility, easiest way to know for sure, anyway this EMI/RFI problem is something that will become more and more problematic as time goes on I suspect... just my 2 cents,

would be very interesting to see result of testing your system at other place , good luck with finding solution anyway hopefully you do not have to move to another place!

PS reasons that it sometimes feels good (but most of the time not) is likely due to power draw on your grid/house/area going up and down, temperature and humidity outside seems to affect this EMI problem too in different ways... anyway to be 100% sure, test system at other place ! good luck again

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 05 Sep 2020, 07:17

alexander1986 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 01:41
but mouse should always feel the same no matter what if all settings are the same, i
lol no. The mouse works in the same coordinate system in the game world as your movement. When you have this problem, it slows down as much as movement, feels like jelly. It never happens in offline games.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 05 Sep 2020, 09:57

Last edited by SKILLEN on 14 May 2021, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 05 Sep 2020, 15:39

TN_fun wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 07:17
alexander1986 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 01:41
but mouse should always feel the same no matter what if all settings are the same, i
lol no. The mouse works in the same coordinate system in the game world as your movement. When you have this problem, it slows down as much as movement, feels like jelly. It never happens in offline games.

Nope, in quakeworld for example, there is console command to artificially inflate your ping "cl_delay_packet" with X milliseconds, no matter if I have 10 ms or 200 ms the mouse feeling is exactly the same, same in fortnite if I connect to american server instead of europe, so I have 100 ms/180 ms on NA East and NA West instead of 20 ms on Europe, the mouse feels exactly the same in all these cases,

what is different only is moving around, performing actions, hitregistration, delay in placing builds/editing builds in fortnite etc, but the mouse feeling itself is always, always the same (unless you have input lag)

maybe the games you play dont work like this I dont know, either way its not internet problem when mouse feels bad on desktop/BIOS too lmao

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 05 Sep 2020, 15:42

SKILLEN wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 09:57
My english is bad and i hope you can understand me.Yes i will take pc to friends and try,but i found my game runs smooth offline and in every community deathmatch(FFA) server and it doesnt matter if there are 5 or 25 players ,20 or 90ms (ping) .Game only feels bad when i play competetive 5vs5 (MM,FACEIT,ESEA) ,i dont know why ,its must be other way around because there are only 10 players.When i finish 5vs5 game ,10 seconds later im joining in deathmatch server and when i move my mouse i can tell the difference instant, i can 1tap players i can spray transfer ..things which i have to be able to,but in 5vs5 game its just impossible, doesnt matter rank of my opponents.
Even i cap my fps to 60 in deathmatch and my im is much better and is much easier to kill compared to 300fps in 5vs5. Now im despared :D i know there is no logic ,but if someone has some ideas please help !!
ah, then probably is not EMI or electrical problem in your case, if your mouse always feels good outside of the game / offline. probably only have to try other internet connection then, good luck anyway

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 06 Sep 2020, 10:48

alexander1986 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 15:39
Nope, in quakeworld for example, there is console command to artificially inflate your ping "cl_delay_packet" with X milliseconds, no matter if I have 10 ms or 200 ms the mouse feeling is exactly the same, same in fortnite if I connect to american server instead of europe, so I have 100 ms/180 ms on NA East and NA West instead of 20 ms on Europe, the mouse feels exactly the same in all these cases,

what is different only is moving around, performing actions, hitregistration, delay in placing builds/editing builds in fortnite etc, but the mouse feeling itself is always, always the same (unless you have input lag)

maybe the games you play dont work like this I dont know, either way its not internet problem when mouse feels bad on desktop/BIOS too lmao
Not. Ping doesn't matter at all. You do not know what the delay of packets has and what their queue is, they can be confused or delayed, this is a protocol without confirmation.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 06 Sep 2020, 17:27

TN_fun wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 10:48
alexander1986 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 15:39

Not. Ping doesn't matter at all. You do not know what the delay of packets has and what their queue is, they can be confused or delayed, this is a protocol without confirmation.

complete BS. what do you mean ping does not matter at all? if I have 10 ms ping to a server, then I have 10 ms ping to a server, its so easy to feel the difference between 10 ms or 200 ms or you mean ping values can't be trusted for some reason?

how are packets "confused" exactly? LOL