I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Oct 2020, 00:16

Problem: High-Hz poll performance interference between 1000 Hz keyboard + 1000 Hz mouse
MaxTendency wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 16:35
While I'm pretty convinced that 8k hz mouse polling is going to be not only noticeable but also impactful , I'm starting to wonder how much keyboard polling will affect this. High keyboard polling has known to destabilize the mouse polling and vice versa.

For example this is a 1khz mouse polling on an optimized setup with a 125hz keyboard. As you can see the variance is quite little, barely 1hz.

This is the same mouse but the keyboard is wooting one set to 1k hz. All of a sudden the variance is 20hz. Looks like windows can't even fully handle 1k hz keyboard and mouse at the same time.

With keyboards now supporting 4k hz polling like the Corsair K100, I'm curious how will this affect the stability of 8k hz mouse polling. Seeing that a 1k hz keyboard is enough to destabilize a mouse set to just 1k hz, a 4k hz keyboard would probably trash the stability of a 8k hz mouse.
Solution: Serparate USB controllers and PCI bus lanes per 1 high-pollrate device
MaxTendency wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 20:58
Small update, using the asmedia port for keyboard (the lowest one, right next to the usb-c port) while using top port for mouse seems to minimize if not remove the impact of high keyboard polling on the mouse polls.

Blue is the mouse and red is the keyboard. This combo provided the best polling, pic of polling attached below.

Yeah, that was what I thought. Glad my recommendation helped!

With ultrahigh poll rates, you really need to isolate to one USB chip (and/or separate bus lanes) per high-pollrate device.

PCI-Express USB cards are also another solution that can help this. Plug the keyboard into the motherboard USB, and plug the mouse into the PCI-Express USB. Or do do USB port roulette until you find jackpot.

This would probably become a staple recommendation of the new 2020s-era "Blur Busters Mouse Guide II"

Until the motherboard manufacturers "keeps up with the Joneses" and have a dedicated-USB-chip keyboard port, and a dedicated-USB-chip mouse port for the 2020-2030s esports era of 4000 Hz keyboard + 8000 Hz mouse + >360 Hz monitors + RTX 3080+ framerates.

This Grand gaming computer upgrade supercycle is going to be very interesting. I rarely see so many concurrent upgrades happen. Those now seem to happen only once every 5-10 years, rather than every 2-3 years in the 1990s-2000s. We are seeing a major Vicious Cycle Effect tick-tock (multiple concurrent frequency upgrades).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 16 Oct 2020, 03:03

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:16

With ultrahigh poll rates, you really need to isolate to one USB chip (and/or separate bus lanes) per high-pollrate device.

Or do do USB port roulette until you find jackpot. Keep the adjacent ports empty (port above/below a plugged-in high-Hz USB device) because they often share the same USB controller.
This could explain why using Gigabyte's DAC-UP 2 USB 2.0 to plug the mouse on my motherboard felt more consistent than USB 3.0 and 3.1 Gen 2 ports, it was using an isolated power source to minimize noise and it was using it's own usb controller, it was technically aimed for noise free DAC connections as an alternative to optical.

I should try to MouseTest this port just to be 100% sure.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 16 Oct 2020, 21:35

It would be awesome if there was a mouse tester web page like the test ufo pages. If that is possible to do in a web browser.
You could have a whole suite of tests people can do to quickly get their pc tweaked for peak performance.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Oct 2020, 21:54

sharknice wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 21:35
It would be awesome if there was a mouse tester web page like the test ufo pages. If that is possible to do in a web browser.
You could have a whole suite of tests people can do to quickly get their pc tweaked for peak performance.
Yes, I have a TestUFO mouse tester coming. Basically an online verison of MouseTester.exe

(HTML5 is now complete enough to do 1000Hz+rawinput)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 17 Oct 2020, 04:52

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 21:54
Yes, I have a TestUFO mouse tester coming. Basically an online verison of MouseTester.exe

(HTML5 is now complete enough to do 1000Hz+rawinput)
I can't wait to try it! When are you planning to release it?
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 17 Oct 2020, 08:00

so this applies to 1khz 1khz setting now too I assume?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Oct 2020, 17:20

axaro1 wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 04:52
I can't wait to try it! When are you planning to release it?
Nominally at the end of the month, but Blur Busters is famous for working on Valve Time for some projects -- but it'll be definitely available this year.

It'll use the same graphing engine I wrote for www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph with color coded visualizations depending on how far the poll deviates from baseline. One browser click away from a fancier MouseTester that's run online.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 17 Oct 2020, 22:07

what browser is recommended for lowest latency/interference for running tests like ufo etc

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Oct 2020, 11:42

lyrill wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 22:07
what browser is recommended for lowest latency/interference for running tests like ufo etc
Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Chromium powered), running in full screen mode, are generally the best for latency.

However, nearly all TestUFO tests are latency-independent, focussing on motion testing.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 18 Oct 2020, 12:27

resident 70/78 custom vers user. wait so you mean if I live next to Canada servers (assuming) then it's more accurate?