XG270QG is blurbusters approved? [No, but the XG270 is]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
gavinsze1

XG270QG is blurbusters approved? [No, but the XG270 is]

Post by gavinsze1 » 04 Nov 2020, 01:35

I only ask cuz i saw this advertisement on a local distributor of Viewsonic in China called jindong.com(basically its just a chinese version of amazon).
I bought the XG720QG cuz it says it contains PureXP and "blurbusters" mode. And I saw XG720 is blurbusters approved and it is 1080p, so naturally, I thought this 2k version of XG720 is the same( and it says so). However, when I turn it on, I see no function of PureXP and I discovered that it is not blurbuster approved(at least that what I thought).
What is going on here? Am I wrong? Can We do something about it?

Here the website
https://item.jd.com/100008885636.html

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XG270QG is blurbusters approved?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Nov 2020, 01:13

Hello,

No, it is not, currently only the XG270 (no suffix) is the Blur Busters Approved one. The XG270QC and XG270QG has the slow red phosphor which creates ghosting during PureXP.

The JD.com link you gave me for XG270QC, is not authorized to have Blur Busters Approved mention, can you tell me where on the web page (screenshot) it says Blur Busters Approved?

However, XG270QC does indeed have PureXP. But you have to turn off FreeSync and make sure refresh rate is 75Hz or higher, in order to activate PureXP. It just will have a slight amount of red phosphor ghosting. Some people find it okay, others don't like it. Give it a try before deciding to return it.

I did personally tune XG270QC myself for ViewSonic, so it does have PureXP built into it. If PureXP is missing then please take a photo of the Display Menu and inform me. Perhaps PureXP is spelled differently in Chinese, but PureXP will be the item that is 2 rows below the FreeSync line.

You have to turn off "AMD Radeon FreeSync" first before enabling PureXP
Otherwise, PureXP is grayed-out. Please turn off "AMD Radeon FreeSync" to be able to enable "PureXP":
XG270QC.JPG
XG270QC.JPG (76.43 KiB) Viewed 5159 times
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

gavinsze1

Post by gavinsze1 » 09 Nov 2020, 01:10

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 01:13
Hello,

No, it is not, currently only the XG270 (no suffix) is the Blur Busters Approved one. The XG270QC and XG270QG has the slow red phosphor which creates ghosting during PureXP.

The JD.com link you gave me for XG270QC, is not authorized to have Blur Busters Approved mention, can you tell me where on the web page (screenshot) it says Blur Busters Approved?

However, XG270QC does indeed have PureXP. But you have to turn off FreeSync and make sure refresh rate is 75Hz or higher, in order to activate PureXP. It just will have a slight amount of red phosphor ghosting. Some people find it okay, others don't like it. Give it a try before deciding to return it.

I did personally tune XG270QC myself for ViewSonic, so it does have PureXP built into it. If PureXP is missing then please take a photo of the Display Menu and inform me. Perhaps PureXP is spelled differently in Chinese, but PureXP will be the item that is 2 rows below the FreeSync line.

Otherwise, PureXP is grayed-out. Please turn off "AMD Radeon FreeSync" to be able to enable "PureXP":

XG270QC.JPG
Hey Chielf,
Thank you for replying!
In the link, it says blurbusters mode previously, and it corrected it and says blurbusters tuned after I pointed out they are making false advertisment.

previously it said blurbusters mode, so the I thought it is blurbusters approved and told me this as well
1.png
1.png (167.61 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Now it says blurbusters tuned.
2.png
2.png (218.73 KiB) Viewed 4916 times

gavinsze1

Post by gavinsze1 » 09 Nov 2020, 01:21

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 01:13
Hello,

XG270QC.JPG
BTW I only see ULMB on the menu but not I do not see PureXP function on XG270QG
3.png
3.png (77.7 KiB) Viewed 4914 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Nov 2020, 01:26

gavinsze1 wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 01:21
3.png
Oh, that's the XG270QG, the JD.com link shows both models.

There are multiple XG270s:
XG270 - 1080p 240Hz FreeSync (G-SYNC Compatible) with PureXP+
XG270QC - 1440p 165Hz FreeSync (G-SYNC Compatible) with PureXP+
XG270QG - 1440p 165Hz G-SYNC with ULMB

Your model has ULMB, not PureXP+. Neither model is licensed to use the Blur Busters Approved Logo that was awarded to the XG270, so JD.com was the one in error. The JD site still has incorrect information since the XG270QG does not use the PureXP+ branding, but the ULMB branding.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

gavinsze1

Post by gavinsze1 » 09 Nov 2020, 02:23

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 01:26
gavinsze1 wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 01:21
3.png
Oh, that's the XG270QG, the JD.com link shows both models.

There are multiple XG270s:
XG270 - 1080p 240Hz FreeSync (G-SYNC Compatible) with PureXP+
XG270QC - 1440p 165Hz FreeSync (G-SYNC Compatible) with PureXP+
XG270QG - 1440p 165Hz G-SYNC with ULMB

Your model has ULMB, not PureXP+. Neither model is licensed to use the Blur Busters Approved Logo that was awarded to the XG270, so JD.com was the one in error. The JD site still has incorrect information since the XG270QG does not use the PureXP+ branding, but the ULMB branding.
They told me XG270QG is inserted with G-sync chip, so unlike XG270, purexp is open in defalut, you dont need to turn it on( they say this because I asked them where is the purexp). And blurbuster mode is a collaborative mode with blurbusters. But I naturally thought it is blurbusters approved. May I ask if you tuned the XG270QG for them? Are they false advertising? Can I suit them for false advertisement, since they dont have neither PureXP nor blurbusters approved or blurbusters tuned or whatever it is.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XG270QG is blurbusters approved? [No, but the XG270 is]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Nov 2020, 02:26

gavinsze1 wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 02:23
They told me XG270QG is inserted with G-sync chip, so unlike XG270, purexp is open in defalut, you dont need to turn it on( they say this because I asked them where is the purexp). And blurbuster mode is a collaborative mode with blurbusters. But I naturally thought it is blurbusters approved. May I ask if you tuned the XG270QG for them? Are they false advertising? Can I suit them for false advertisement, since they dont have neither PureXP nor blurbusters approved or blurbusters tuned or whatever it is.
According to your screenshots, JD did false advertising, yes.

Be noted that PureXP and ULMB are two separate brand names to describe

PureXP and ULMB are two different names for motion blur reduction, see List of Motion Blur Reduction Names.

Native G-SYNC chips do not have PureXP.

They are two different brands for similar feature:
- PureXP is ViewSonic Trademark.
- ULMB is NVIDIA Trademark.

Don't be confused:
- PureXP monitors do not use ULMB trademark
- ULMB monitors do not use PureXP trademark

To be clear, the three different models:
- PureXP that is Blur Busters Approved (XG270) -- allowed to use Blur Busters name
- PureXP that is not (XG270QC) -- not licensed to use Blur Busters name
- ULMB instead of PureXP (XG270QG) -- not licensed to use Blur Busters name

gavinsze1

Post by gavinsze1 » 09 Nov 2020, 02:33

Thank you so so much!

gavinsze1

Post by gavinsze1 » 09 Nov 2020, 02:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 02:26
gavinsze1 wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 02:23
According to your screenshots, JD did false advertising, yes.
I am going to do something about it and not let others be misled by their false advertisement. Thank you so much for your reply and I will post followups under this post.

iopq

Post by iopq » 09 Nov 2020, 10:18

gavinsze1 wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 01:10
Now it says blurbusters tuned.
2.png
Bluebaster, lol