4K IPS with Gsync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
amcquaid

4K IPS with Gsync

Post by amcquaid » 09 May 2014, 14:38

I was at CES this January and Nvidia had a modified ASUS PQ321 running in GSYNC. It was pretty awesome to behold. I have the PZ321 at home and while its a sweet monitor it has several issues (MST and no GSYNC). They guy at the booth who had built this modded monitor said that it would be about 4 months before a 4K GSYNC with IPS should hit the market. However I have not been able to find any information on the internet.

Has anybody heard anything about a 4K monitor with GSYNC and IPS being in development?
What about a TN 4K with GSYNC?

I also found this link to a 4K OLED monitor:

http://www.oled-info.com/sony-still-pro ... nitor-2014

Do OLED monitors still need GSYNC?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 4K IPS with Gsync

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 May 2014, 21:17

amcquaid wrote:Has anybody heard anything about a 4K monitor with GSYNC and IPS being in development?
No, but I have heard of 1440p IPS GSYNC in development.
amcquaid wrote:Do OLED monitors still need GSYNC?
Yes, they will still benefit from GSYNC.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!