I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
SirensOW

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by SirensOW » 28 Jan 2021, 23:11

I agree, never really felt like RJN was the smartest guy on the platform. I love how he still brags about being so good at a game like Quake Champions that NOONE plays. While showing clip after clip of him destroying likely terribly bad players

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 29 Jan 2021, 09:50

lyrill wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 09:39
see pictures attached
Seems Windows 0.5ms timer is the bottleneck. Maybe is the cause CPU usage don't go high at 4K and 8K, and also why MouseRateChecker stop around 2K.
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 20:38
Oh, THAT kind of drift control. Yeah, I can see why some people like that at the desktop.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7569&start=80#p58207

Seeing Viper 8K reviews, inside Synapse performance tab, still no Drift Control "linear correction" optional feature. Razer plan add it in future ? Default Off of course. The idea is use Off for gaming profiles, and config a custom correction value for some desktop tasks profile. Like old Deathadder 3G with the Drift Control firmware, but now fine tuned value from Synapse and stored in mouse profile, like SteelSeries do since years.

I would like enjoy this amazing Razer 8K mice, but also linear desk tasks without need to change to another mouse.

Also i wonder why they not implement acceleration, like another interesting optional feature. Some people like it, both playing or at desktop, so, why reduce sales ? if can be 100% disabled, i not see any drawback.

Viper Mini 8k in the roadmap ?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 29 Jan 2021, 11:49

AddictFPS wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 09:50
lyrill wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 09:39
see pictures attached
Seems Windows 0.5ms timer is the bottleneck. Maybe is the cause CPU usage don't go high at 4K and 8K, and also why MouseRateChecker stop around 2K.
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 20:38
Oh, THAT kind of drift control. Yeah, I can see why some people like that at the desktop.

Seeing Viper 8K reviews, inside Synapse performance tab, still no Drift Control "linear correction" optional feature. Razer plan add it in future ? Default Off of course. The idea is use Off for gaming profiles, and config a custom correction value for some desktop tasks profile. Like old Deathadder 3G with the Drift Control firmware, but now fine tuned value from Synapse and stored in mouse profile, like SteelSeries do since years.

I would like enjoy this amazing Razer 8K mice, but also linear desk tasks without need to change to another mouse.

Also i wonder why they not implement acceleration, like another interesting optional feature. Some people like it, both playing or at desktop, so, why reduce sales ? if can be 100% disabled, i not see any drawback.

if there is a bottleneck how do you explain the latest photo? it was going through moderation until whenever Chief is online which basically all of them approved , unless of course the embargo" can be lifted by about now so you can read them real time

howiec

Post by howiec » 29 Jan 2021, 18:31

SirensOW wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 23:11
I agree, never really felt like RJN was the smartest guy on the platform. I love how he still brags about being so good at a game like Quake Champions that NOONE plays. While showing clip after clip of him destroying likely terribly bad players
Yeah, he's got some things right & other things wrong for sure. His perspective is definitely limited & is very biased towards his grip style.

Him making that video about stutter issues with 8kHz shows that he really doesn't know how to optimize his PC and is probably not that technical.

Ravencillo

Post by Ravencillo » 29 Jan 2021, 19:33

AddictFPS wrote:

Until they dont got that option implemented, you always can use the "rawaccel" project in github as solution. (a1xd/rawaccel)

You can create several *.json profiles for this program and execute them using a single *bat file in the desktop for each one. For example:
*Profile 1: Acceleration disabled, drift control aka angle snapping disabled
*Profile 2: Acceleration disabled, drift control aka angle snapping at 15 degrees
*Profile 3: Custom Linear acceleration on, drift control off.
For execute profile 1, u will need a *bat file that execute: "path_to_rawaccel_instalation_folder/writer.exe profile1.json"
The rawaccel_gui can generate all the *.json files. U only need to copy and rename them as profile*.json
To enable drift control u need to edit the *json file. All the *json generated by the gui have the drift control disabled.
Example for ""profile 2"":

Code: Select all

{
  "GUISettings": {
    "DPI": 800,
    "PollRate": 1000,
    "ShowLastMouseMove": true,
    "ShowVelocityAndGain": true,
    "AutoWriteToDriverOnStartup": true
  },
  "Driver settings": {
    "### Mode Types ###": "linear | classic | natural | naturalgain | power | motivity | noaccel",
    "Degrees of rotation": 0.0,
    "Degrees of angle snapping": 15.0,
    "Use x as whole/combined accel": true,
    "Accel modes": {
      "x": "noaccel",
      "y": "noaccel"
    },

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 30 Jan 2021, 12:23

lyrill wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 11:49
if there is a bottleneck how do you explain the latest photo? it was going through moderation until whenever Chief is online which basically all of them approved , unless of course the embargo" can be lifted by about now so you can read them real time
Maybe mouse is linked to USB controller at 8K, point to point hardware connection, isolated of Windows 0.5ms temporal cap. But USB Controller can be linked at 8K to desktop apps and games with OS 0.5ms barrier ?

Maybe MouseRateChecker and MouseMovementRecorder are not reading on the same link.
Ravencillo wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 19:33
Until they dont got that option implemented, you always can use the "rawaccel" project in github as solution. (a1xd/rawaccel)

You can create several *.json profiles for this program and execute them using a single *bat file in the desktop for each one. For example:
*Profile 2: Acceleration disabled, drift control aka angle snapping at 15 degrees
For execute profile 1, u will need a *bat file that execute: "path_to_rawaccel_instalation_folder/writer.exe profile1.json"
The rawaccel_gui can generate all the *.json files. U only need to copy and rename them as profile*.json
To enable drift control u need to edit the *json file. All the *json generated by the gui have the drift control disabled.

{
  },
    "### Mode Types ###": "linear | classic | natural | naturalgain | power | motivity | noaccel",
    },
Thanks you so much ! :)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 30 Jan 2021, 13:40

Ravencillo wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 19:33
AddictFPS wrote:

{
  },
    },

is this something that overwrites/take priority over all mice and their software?

Boanerges

Post by Boanerges » 02 Feb 2021, 00:21

A question for the Chief. I notice that Razer suggest turning off G-Sync, FreeSync etc when using the Viper 8KHz at 8000Hz. Any thoughts or observations regarding this, particularly with the emphasis on G-Sync etc on Blur Busters. Did you (the Chief) try G-Sync on/off when testing the prototype. I've ordered a Viper 8KHz but as it hasn't arrived yet I haven't tested this.

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 02 Feb 2021, 07:15

I cant wait for razer deathadder 8K :P :P

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 02 Feb 2021, 07:57

VRR Off suggestion seems is because the higher the framerate, more beneficts of 8K polling, prioritize reduce lag Vs fix tearing. But caution with uncontrolled VSync Off, if GPU usage is 100% or very near, GPU lag can increase to atrocious levels ! See ApertureGrille.com input lag VSync-Off deep review for details.

phpBB [video]

With VRR also should have beneficts, even if Windows temp limit to 2000Hz. When game engine create new frame, CPU can take mouse position with up to 0.5ms less lag than 1K mouse.