I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mossfalt

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by mossfalt » 07 Feb 2021, 04:12

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 01:49
Meowchan wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 00:16
I thought NVidia's measurements only goes up to 1khz at present.

Also, there's more to click latency than polling rate. I have in front of me 2 mice with 1khz polling, and bump testing them against each other gives roughly 5-6ms difference between them. A mouse running at 8khz does not necessarily (and most likely does not) mean that its 'click latency' to the computer is <0.125ms.
The "Reflex Latency Analyzer" port on the monitors only goes up to 1ms (1000Hz) polling. Also, the monitor port doesn't "measure" the click latency as such, it just shows the latency that the mouse is reporting.

I was referring to this database, which relies on a dedicated test setup for measurements (not the monitor). Most mice in that database don't support per-click reporting to begin with : https://github.com/NVIDIA/Reflex-Latenc ... e-Database

I could give you the click latency measurement data, but you wouldn't believe it anyways, so it's probably best to wait for third-parties to report them. For what it's worth, the nvidia measurement numbers line up with our own measurements pretty well.
Wait I have the alienware AW2521H, it has USB 3.2 gen 1 port built in, and you are telling me it can't poll more than 1000 hz ??

Razer_TheFiend
Manufacturer

Post by Razer_TheFiend » 07 Feb 2021, 04:28

mossfalt wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 04:12
Razer_TheFiend wrote:
Meowchan wrote:

Also, there's more to click latency than polling rate. I have in front of me 2 mice with 1khz polling, and bump testing them against each other gives roughly 5-6ms difference between them. A mouse running at 8khz does not necessarily (and most likely does not) mean that its 'click latency' to the computer is <0.125ms.
The "Reflex Latency Analyzer" port on the monitors only goes up to 1ms (1000Hz) polling. Also, the monitor port doesn't "measure" the click latency as such, it just shows the latency that the mouse is reporting.

I was referring to this database, which relies on a dedicated test setup for measurements (not the monitor). Most mice in that database don't support per-click reporting to begin with : https://github.com/NVIDIA/Reflex-Latenc ... e-Database

I could give you the click latency measurement data, but you wouldn't believe it anyways, so it's probably best to wait for third-parties to report them. For what it's worth, the nvidia measurement numbers line up with our own measurements pretty well.
Wait I have the alienware AW2521H, it has USB 3.2 gen 1 port built in, and you are telling me it can't poll more than 1000 hz ??
I don't represent nvidia or alienware, so I can't speak on their behalf.

My information comes from working with nvidia since before this was public knowledge. As far as I know. the designated reflex port on any monitor is USB 2 "full speed" only, meaning 1ms polls (1000Hz) at best.

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 07 Feb 2021, 04:35

Razer_TheFiend
Well the cable that came with it was to short anyway :roll:

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 07 Feb 2021, 06:22

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 04:28
mossfalt wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 04:12
Razer_TheFiend wrote:
Meowchan wrote:

I don't represent nvidia or alienware, so I can't speak on their behalf.

My information comes from working with nvidia since before this was public knowledge. As far as I know. the designated reflex port on any monitor is USB 2 "full speed" only, meaning 1ms polls (1000Hz) at best.
i just jumped the gun on 390hz, no info anywhere on internet, nobody bought it yet, except one, but I'm in the same town as the only seller(s, well there's 2, probs made in here too), that is Covid city (somehow safest city on earth now), but I did laundry first so it's arriving tomorrow instead.

I hope you not answering means you don't know when 480hz or similar comes out, which means it's not likely within 2 years at least.

Since there's fw update deleting "residual lag"(?) above 10k, on what was supposed to be raw and untouched 20k, could you again please tell me what the fps is relating to speed, and more importantly if it also is related to dpi somehow (independent of speed that is), and even more importantly, is Acari good enough/perfect for 20k cpi/dpi/ppi (...) sensor fidelity?

What I would request is 2 tools in addition to the poll rate tester. One is a 8khz capable Areson-like (mouserate.exe ironically but obviously I mainly test circular accuracy with my hands), with the same/more features but now doesn't cap at 1200hz and give inaccurate results(not 8x as dense and stutter at 2k) so I can cherry pick the best working mouse pad for 3399 8khz.

Two is a built in SQUAL analyzer like the ones Roccat and Mionix do/used to have, preferably in scale of at least 100/100, but this time also shows the exact LOD in .1mm because existing calibration LOD choices are arbitrary and apart from one stranded comment on reddit I don't now recall, most people don't really know what it means even if they are somehow fixed (most likely on default qck/gsr/goliathus kinds which I don't prefer mainly cus I don't believe they are as optimal for higher dpi usage)

hkngo007

Post by hkngo007 » 07 Feb 2021, 07:35

Anyone got tips or fixes for the need to replug USB everytime computer boots up?

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 07 Feb 2021, 12:07

lyrill wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 21:27
my numbers are not like that. what do they mean? if i post a screenshot would you be able to translate how much accel I do have? I don't want to change if it alters my muscle memory even if i've only used win10 for half a year.
I have not done the calculations to confirm, but here explain how is calculated:

https://superuser.com/questions/278362/ ... ouseycurve
https://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=1945096

Seems is a five points in a graph, drawing a curve. The first row fill with 0 represent mouse stopped. Rows 2 3 4 5 draw the curve for slow mouse speed, straight line is supposed in case of this accel 100% off fix. Based on these data, Windows extrapolate more curve points, to apply at higher mouse speed.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 07 Feb 2021, 12:24

AddictFPS wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 12:07
lyrill wrote:
my numbers are not like that. what do they mean? if i post a screenshot would you be able to translate how much accel I do have? I don't want to change if it alters my muscle memory even if i've only used win10 for half a year.
I have not done the calculations to confirm, but here explain how is calculated:

https://superuser.com/questions/278362/ ... ouseycurve
https://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=1945096

Seems is a five points in a graph, drawing a curve. The first row fill with 0 represent mouse stopped. Rows 2 3 4 5 draw the curve for slow mouse speed, straight line is supposed in case of this accel 100% off fix. Based on these data, Windows extrapolate more curve points, to apply at higher mouse speed.
these seems dated. how could they have also future apply to win10?

timecard

Post by timecard » 07 Feb 2021, 13:21

AddictFPS wrote:
lyrill wrote:
Might as well give reference to the author of the reg fix? MarkC Win10 100% Scale, 6/11 reg fix
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/201 ... n-fix.html
markc100pscale.PNG
markc100pscale.PNG (15.68 KiB) Viewed 5677 times

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 07 Feb 2021, 13:56

timecard wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 13:21
AddictFPS wrote:
lyrill wrote:
Might as well give reference to the author of the reg fix? MarkC Win10 100% Scale, 6/11 reg fix
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/201 ... n-fix.html

markc100pscale.PNG

it says it's for older games. i don't play older games surely no older games that are competitive.

interesting that it mentions the mouse movement recorder that you guys are skeptic about. I don't know that I want it opened while gaming to check if there's any red flags, maybe when I feel like it...haven't seen any in desktop, and it reads to 8khz so. --in fact I just checked again 3/11 and 6/11 20k dpi both see stranded red on POINTER MOVEMENT but not on the EnPtPr column, which all reads OFF

why are these links all 2010? isn't win10 from 2015? this link specifically mention win10 stuff all over.

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 07 Feb 2021, 14:02

timecard wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 13:21
Of course ! I did not know who the original author was, post edited.