I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
micrex22

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by micrex22 » 10 Mar 2021, 07:44

Thanks to the Chief, I put in an order for two 8000 Hz Vipers (had to order directly from their website as I didn't see any on amazon canada), however that was fine since I milked a bunch of promos and got it down to $82 per mouse. Ordered two so my cousin and I can play around with 8000 Hz and if we notice any differences in micro stuttering.

Duly noted that it will need its own dedicated USB hub, kind of makes sense anyways since USB wasn't always the best (I know many have lamented the advantages PS/2 had; of course I think you can only overclock a PS/2 mouse to 200 Hz but anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong).

NDUS

Post by NDUS » 10 Mar 2021, 09:31

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:14
the priority was to offload USB processing from the motherboard chipset, so it's not sharing USB processing (dedicated USB chip), USB traffic (hub contention) or PCIe lanes (lane contention).
I think that PCIE x4 USB cards will go to the chipset, except maybe on HEDT motherboards

masneb

Post by masneb » 10 Mar 2021, 10:09

Oh thats bad, why does mine look like this then?

forcedreg

Post by forcedreg » 10 Mar 2021, 11:23

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 17:12
My current favourite recommendation for the 8000 Hz mouse is a direct USB plug to a PCIe USB card with its own PCIe lane directly to the CPU, with no interference by other USB devices (only USB device plugged into PCIe USB card). Single USB chip processing the 8KHz mouse directly.
Hey, a small question about PCIe USB card for 8kHz. My motherboard (B550 MSI gaming carbon) only has the top-most GPU slot connected to the CPU while the rest of the PCIe slots are connected to the chipset. Would it be redundant to use a PCIe USB card due to this?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 10 Mar 2021, 13:48

Alpha wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:44

yeah no i switch to the basic things since it's kind of dimmed down a bit, the whole market, music, music gear, beyer being idiot going more bassy with their t1 v3, akg closed (they were now Austrian Audio last I checked, only one closed back midfi supraural-ish ...), and Senn also suffer from a lot of backlash (closed back flagship lul) and pressure from lack of sales...apart from cheap Massdrop reskins of literally the same thing made decades ago that should be sold for pennies anyways by now by the speed standard of say Razer discounts......many things (the tech may have still be pushed forward by lucrative incentives, but the heart feels dry and gone. people talk retro all the time, which suggest a longing for a superior quality from the past, but the past will never be back). And because of the fps resurgency my hearing must have taken some further damage from headphones, now with excessive piercing gunshots and explosions--that and aging..

tubes and tube amps are not supposed to have noise when they aren't faulty. but phones will jam anything, well maybe not such as the orpheus II with custom anti interference glass tubes on top of the tubes. Pretty sure I forfeited having a pristine pchifi system when I use a solo high hz monitor which is completely needless for music time--and I'm too spoiled to go back to 60hz even for browsing music..and I don't use preset playlists since decade ago. ..point is the pc system is a wacko ball of bs too messy for any singular particular service entity to handle, if they even know or care--be it Razer vs all the 8k bug complaints, or insert DAC AMP brand for pchifi vs whatever noisy buzz and hum or driver free usb connection actually not driven... I'm not the best person to speak about this since I haven't changed my audio gear for years (meaning the system, not previously mentioned earphone retrowave and cable upgrades) not that they should last forever but they shouldn't just break exactly after the 5 year warranty or any arbitrary year either I mean people still uses gaming mice from decade+ ago those things break much more easily.
forcedreg wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:23
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
My current favourite recommendation for the 8000 Hz mouse is a direct USB plug to a PCIe USB card with its own PCIe lane directly to the CPU, with no interference by other USB devices (only USB device plugged into PCIe USB card). Single USB chip processing the 8KHz mouse directly.
Hey, a small question about PCIe USB card for 8kHz. My motherboard (B550 MSI gaming carbon) only has the top-most GPU slot connected to the CPU while the rest of the PCIe slots are connected to the chipset. Would it be redundant to use a PCIe USB card due to this?
this I wonder too

Alpha

Post by Alpha » 10 Mar 2021, 15:37

[/quote]
[/quote]

The two slots, 1 being occupied by your GPU will share lanes with the CPU. That shouldn't be an issue at all. Max USB speeds are 1969mb/s per lane on an 8x slot which you're not going to be using at all (though I believe max USB is 10gbps in terms of bandwidth?). It's not a throughput test but the one flag that wouldn't surprise me is how bad AGESA is now (FCLK, USB, PCIe 4.0 issues). Verify if your motherboard is going to turn both slots to 8x due to being occupied running off the slots for the CPU lanes (I believe it will but not sure). I'm no expert but it would seem to make sense to go straight to CPU USB directly on the motherboard if that is the case (both CPU slots being occupied cuts 16x to 8x on both). It's hard to trust AMD's Bios right now. MSI seems pretty good BIOS wise so please report back if you try this. I may do the same.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Mar 2021, 19:20

masneb wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:09
Have you tested the port lottery (try all ports), as well as an external PCIe card?
NDUS wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 09:31
I think that PCIE x4 USB cards will go to the chipset, except maybe on HEDT motherboards
This can happen, but it’s usually preferable to go through the chipset via the PCIe slot, than via he on-motherboard USB if you have many USB devices plugged at the same time. USB contention is usually worse than chipset bottlenecks. Razer told me they saw performance improvements via PCIe card.
forcedreg wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:23
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
The bottleneck sometimes is if you even have just 2 or 3 USB devices plugged into motherboard, it’s usually better to share a PCIe lane with the GPU if you limit to just one USB port used by the USB chip built into the PCIe card.

Motherboard USB processing has been sometimes too hubbed, too “shared” amongst the built in USB ports, unless it’s a good premium motherboard with good 8Khz behavior. There are good motherboards, but predictable jitter improvements occur with keeping one 8KHz USB device per USB chip. Even Razer agreed that it’s a good way to bypass many kinds of USB problems. Even my old Rift VR headset performed better with an external USB PCIe card, too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

masneb

Post by masneb » 10 Mar 2021, 20:14

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 19:20
masneb wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:09
Have you tested the port lottery (try all ports), as well as an external PCIe card?
Yeah, they feel different, but with the graph it doesn't change. I tried all three of the different internal USB hubs and they all yield similar results. I haven't gotten a USB-C to USB adapter to try my video card and was waiting on a recommendation as to which is a 'certified' USB addon card from TheFiend, rather then just shotgunning a bunch of them.

@TheFiend, please give us a card that you've tested internally that you know works appropriately with these mice.

Also for testing purpose, I am running a 5900x on a Asus x570 TUF Wifi.

Tried USB-C off my 2080 and does the same thing.

Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Kamen Rider Blade » 11 Mar 2021, 02:50

Does anybody know how much it would cost the MoBo makers to have each USB port on the back of the Rear I/O panel be a independent root USB hub instead of the shared mess that it is now?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Mar 2021, 02:57

Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 02:50
Does anybody know how much it would cost the MoBo makers to have each USB port on the back of the Rear I/O panel be a independent root USB hub instead of the shared mess that it is now?
I heard Razer is talking to some mobo vendors about that.

The time is ripe for decicated high-Hz USB ports, so we can plug in a 4 KHz keyboard and an 8 KHz mouse at the same time without them clogging each other in the hardware, and lower USB / chipset / CPU processing overheads as much as possible.

Ideally, software should be the only weak link for high-Hz devices.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!