[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
n1zoo

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by n1zoo » 05 Jun 2021, 13:50

timecard wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 13:43
n1zoo wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 13:02
now u can grind on fighting against EMI electricity and power lines around your head. I wish one day u could be like Nicola Tesla
You do realize agN's recent "fixes" are power/electricity related right?
you do realize agN's recent fixes videos are without usp right?

Blonekql

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Blonekql » 05 Jun 2021, 14:12

05 Jun 2021, 13:50
now u can grind on fighting against EMI electricity and power lines around your head. I wish one day u could be like Nicola Tesla
Nizo, how then Fix input/heavy gun/car on console ;]?

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 05 Jun 2021, 14:25

Blonekql wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 14:12
05 Jun 2021, 13:50
Nizo, how then Fix input/heavy gun/car on console ;]?
In the video comments appearently someone metions

BIOS vccio and vcssa

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 05 Jun 2021, 15:13

Another question: what with people what fix isue after change location, without any change in bios?

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 05 Jun 2021, 16:31

well technically in my case its still electricity related just on hardware level :lol: :lol: .
like i still believe some of guys are dealing with some kind of noise ( you had positive impact using sgcc case and i dont even with thicker material ) but in my case things like putting a phone, hand or metal object on pc case doesnt change mouse speed, i dont get electrocuted when touching case or usb ports however i still had (yeah i had thats the right word,im fixed for third week and fifth day without ups, i cant even see difference between ups and without it just works flawless) exact same symptoms of unprecise and heavy mouse , heavy movement in every game, recoil telling me i need to wait another extra 0.5ms before its recognized as steady , 100hz feel instead of 240hz (which in my case is nothing but high frametime not interference caused problem). some interesting things i noticed after i've made this changes.

1.bus clocks sits at 100.00 mhz and drop maybe once per minute while before change it was constantly moving 99 (or less)-> 100.02->98.2 ​and etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdcyUXxanM
2. my soundcard (asus xonar se) now suddenly detects my headphones as 'Headphones' not as speakers, this maybe technically still somehow electricity related maybe bad headphones resistance reading? idk but suddenly it appears as headphones and audio quality is insane and precise.
3.my fps raised and is more stable during heavy load (like when you re-install windows and enjoying your first 15 minutes until problem strikes back)
4.i have electric blinds and if i roll them down or up sometimes monitor just turn off himself for two seconds now this was happening even before but still i dont have any issue, just sayin
now i think we have two problems here causing same symptoms
group that had actual problem with electricity like i mentioned touching case making change, electrocuted by touching pc parts.
second is group that is hardware related like mine. things like cpu lottery this may applies to motherboards aswell like tell me why auto settings giving me pch core temp 65 c in idle, 1.342 on vccio that is much more than even my motherboard recomends in tooltip.
auto vcore voltage 1.38v for 4.8 ghz really and stuff like this, so having everything stable and configured manually is number one now but i can tell for me that doing that change with fans was fix for inputs for me. voltage changes made my fps more stable and decreased frametimes.
so thats my story
Last edited by agendarsky on 06 Jun 2021, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 05 Jun 2021, 16:42

i wish you all good boys, but my problem is more deeper related.
no matter what i do, alwayse become bad again and again.
And in my case any PC change setup is only dynamic placebo for hours days-

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 05 Jun 2021, 17:36

try sysfan pins and check if you can change control of chassis fans from auto/cpu to motherboard
edit: one thing i have different than most of you guys, i have rackmount that use only one front pwm fan that sucks air in., i dont have any 4 pin fans connected to my psu. can u test with pc case opened without any chassis fans that leads to psu?
Last edited by agendarsky on 05 Jun 2021, 18:08, edited 5 times in total.

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 05 Jun 2021, 17:39

for me i alrdy do those fans changes etc and my problem is still there =/ gg

datoneslap

Post by datoneslap » 05 Jun 2021, 18:08

Uchihax wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2021, 07:16
f1ndus wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2021, 07:07
03 Jun 2021, 06:36
datoneslap wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2021, 18:14

It might be one of those things that won't be fixed until it's brought to the attention of people. It's also crazy because many people will think they're just having a bad day/they've become rusty, but your sensitivity/input delay shouldn't be feeling different every hour of your gaming session. However, I believe people don't notice this because it might be a very small amount of people it happens to.
I've read another thread where this guy never had this problem at his friends house(who lived in a different city). He played on his exact setup for a single day at his friend's house, and according to him, it never ever felt any smoother. He spent thousands on different things(PSUs, PC, Monitors, etc) attempting to fix the problem, and he checked his power cables, etc.

I live in a townhouse that's been around since 1973
So what u mean if i move to another place with a good grouding electrcity etc with my same setup pc i still will feel that input lag? i havent tried in another place but i just built a $5000 pc last week this is dumb.... so if u move to another place also need to buy a new pc? this is like a virus then.. after u are infected u will never recover again
I really dont undestand how is it possible, when someone said he mooved to other place with his setup and instantly he felt smooth game and everything smooth.. I tried tens places and i had everywhere problem, where do I get my monitor = everywhere
U tried use ur friend pc without input lag felt all smooth then u connect ur setup pc and how u feel it?

yo guys, i think i found my culprit. I bought the Acer Nitro 50 and messed around with the power plan to use maximum performance, and was having input lag problems for weeks now. NOTE: THIS FIX MAY BE JUST A COINCIDENCE BUT KEEP READING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN.

I changed the POWER PLAN TO BALANCED yesterday and my pc has been way more consistent. I still feel the problem ever now and then but it's far more consistent. I just played for 3 hours without having to restart my pc. This might mean the PSU(500 Watts) in this pc can't properly run on ultimate performance, or I may have received a defective unit. So basically getting a better PSU might fix my problem. I remember coming across a thread a week ago, where this guy fixed his problems by buying a new PSU. However, I'm not taking any chances, I plan on returning this and getting a better PC. If the problem continues, I'll get a ups and see if it fixes it

I'll update you guys on this power plan change, i'll see if it was temporary or it actually helped me.

datoneslap

Post by datoneslap » 05 Jun 2021, 18:17

03 Jun 2021, 06:36
datoneslap wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2021, 18:14
01 Jun 2021, 09:43
this taking so long alrdy and nobody can find a real fix for this problem... moving to another house is not a fix cmon :evil: :evil:
It might be one of those things that won't be fixed until it's brought to the attention of people. It's also crazy because many people will think they're just having a bad day/they've become rusty, but your sensitivity/input delay shouldn't be feeling different every hour of your gaming session. However, I believe people don't notice this because it might be a very small amount of people it happens to.
I've read another thread where this guy never had this problem at his friends house(who lived in a different city). He played on his exact setup for a single day at his friend's house, and according to him, it never ever felt any smoother. He spent thousands on different things(PSUs, PC, Monitors, etc) attempting to fix the problem, and he checked his power cables, etc.

I live in a townhouse that's been around since 1973
So what u mean if i move to another place with a good grouding electrcity etc with my same setup pc i still will feel that input lag? i havent tried in another place but i just built a $5000 pc last week this is dumb.... so if u move to another place also need to buy a new pc? this is like a virus then.. after u are infected u will never recover again
sorry, i wrote that wrong, i meant "it never felt smoother in his life", meaning it was very smoother
lol my bad
btw, the fixes I've come across so far were, buying a new PSU, changing GPU, changing rooms(different sockets), fixing grounding electricity by adding more rods, using an online double conversion, messing around with the internet, removing a faulty device connected to your extension board, registry editor modifications. I feel mine might be my PSU, I changed my power plan to balanced and I haven't got as much inconsistency in terms of input lag. It still isn't very accurate, but buying a new PC in the next few weeks and I'll update ya'll