[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
datoneslap

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by datoneslap » 05 Jun 2021, 18:20

blackmagic wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 18:18
datoneslap wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 18:08
Uchihax wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2021, 07:16
f1ndus wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2021, 07:07

I really dont undestand how is it possible, when someone said he mooved to other place with his setup and instantly he felt smooth game and everything smooth.. I tried tens places and i had everywhere problem, where do I get my monitor = everywhere
U tried use ur friend pc without input lag felt all smooth then u connect ur setup pc and how u feel it?

yo guys, i think i found my culprit. I bought the Acer Nitro 50 and messed around with the power plan to use maximum performance, and was having input lag problems for weeks now. NOTE: THIS FIX MAY BE JUST A COINCIDENCE BUT KEEP READING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN.

I changed the POWER PLAN TO BALANCED yesterday and my pc has been way more consistent. I still feel the problem ever now and then but it's far more consistent. I just played for 3 hours without having to restart my pc. This might mean the PSU(500 Watts) in this pc can't properly run on ultimate performance, or I may have received a defective unit. So basically getting a better PSU might fix my problem. I remember coming across a thread a week ago, where this guy fixed his problems by buying a new PSU. However, I'm not taking any chances, I plan on returning this and getting a better PC. If the problem continues, I'll get a ups and see if it fixes it

can you try using power saving mode/balanced mode and then restart your pc

I'll update you guys on this power plan change, i'll see if it was temporary or it actually helped me.

how many psu's should we buy ? or which one ? 1000 euro enough for pure quality psu ? :lol:
i go tommorow shoping and by 5 psu to make sure.

i tried to run my pc by 2 psu's.
that dont give me any result...

i doubt that my system has not enough watt but its possible that i buy only psu's that are have all this input lag pre-installed. :lol: just another theory...

datoneslap

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by datoneslap » 05 Jun 2021, 18:23

05 Jun 2021, 18:20
05 Jun 2021, 18:08
03 Jun 2021, 07:16

U tried use ur friend pc without input lag felt all smooth then u connect ur setup pc and how u feel it?

yo guys, i think i found my culprit. I bought the Acer Nitro 50 and messed around with the power plan to use maximum performance, and was having input lag problems for weeks now. NOTE: THIS FIX MAY BE JUST A COINCIDENCE BUT KEEP READING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN.

I changed the POWER PLAN TO BALANCED yesterday and my pc has been way more consistent. I still feel the problem ever now and then but it's far more consistent. I just played for 3 hours without having to restart my pc. This might mean the PSU(500 Watts) in this pc can't properly run on ultimate performance, or I may have received a defective unit. So basically getting a better PSU might fix my problem. I remember coming across a thread a week ago, where this guy fixed his problems by buying a new PSU. However, I'm not taking any chances, I plan on returning this and getting a better PC. If the problem continues, I'll get a ups and see if it fixes it

I'll update you guys on this power plan change, i'll see if it was temporary or it actually helped me.

how many psu's should we buy ? or which one ? 1000 euro enough for pure quality psu ? :lol:

i doubt that my system has not enough watt but its possible that i buy only psu's that are have all this input lag pre-installed. :lol: just another theory...

Wait do you have the same symptoms as me? For me it feels like my aiming becomes uncontrollable, audio gets worse, and it gets slow. If you do

datoneslap

Post by datoneslap » 05 Jun 2021, 18:35

agendarsky wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 16:31
timecard wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 13:43
n1zoo wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2021, 13:02
now u can grind on fighting against EMI electricity and power lines around your head. I wish one day u could be like Nicola Tesla
You do realize agN's recent "fixes" are power/electricity related right?
well technically in my case its still electricity related just on hardware level :lol: :lol: .
like i still believe some of guys are dealing with some kind of noise ( you had positive impact using sgcc case and i dont even with thicker material ) but in my case things like putting a phone, hand or metal object on pc case doesnt change mouse speed, i dont get electrocuted when touching case or usb ports however i still had (yeah i had thats the right word,im fixed for third week and fifth day without ups, i cant even see difference between ups and without it just works flawless) exact same symptoms of unprecise and heavy mouse , heavy movement in every game, recoil telling me i need to wait another extra 0.5ms before its recognized as steady , 100hz feel instead of 240hz (which in my case is nothing but high frametime not interference caused problem). some interesting things i noticed after i've made this changes.

1.bus clocks sits at 100.00 mhz and drop maybe once per minute while before change it was constantly moving 99 (or less)-> 100.02->98.2 ​and etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdcyUXxanM
2. my soundcard (asus xonar se) now suddenly detects my headphones as 'Headphones' not as speakers, this maybe technically still somehow electricity related maybe bad headphones resistance reading? idk but suddenly it appears as headphones and audio quality is insane and precise.
3.my fps raised and is more stable during heavy load (like when you re-install windows and enjoying your first 15 minutes until problem strikes back)
4.i have electric blinds and if i roll them down or up sometimes monitor just turn off himself for two seconds now this was happening even before but still i dont have any issue, just sayin
now i think we have two problems here causing same symptoms
group that had actual problem with electricity like i mentioned touching case making change, electrocuted by touching pc parts.
second is group that is hardware related like mine. things like cpu lottery this may applies to motherboards aswell like tell me why auto settings giving me pch core temp 65 c in idle, 1.342 on vccio that is much more than even my motherboard recomends in tooltip.
auto vcore voltage 1.38v for 4.8 ghz really and stuff like this, so having everything stable and configured manually is number one now but i can tell for me that doing that change with fans was fix for inputs for me. voltage changes made my fps more stable and increased frametimes.
so thats my story

BTW the 2nd notice you found, did you buy any chance uninstall your realtek driver, then roll back, cuz thats the only way it shows up for me. But I'm just sticking to speakers for now, cuz many of those I play with, their headphones are always recognized as speakers.

datoneslap

Post by datoneslap » 05 Jun 2021, 18:45

05 Jun 2021, 18:40
05 Jun 2021, 18:23
05 Jun 2021, 18:20

Wait do you have the same symptoms as me? For me it feels like my aiming becomes uncontrollable, audio gets worse, and it gets slow. If you do
we all have similar issues that sounds similar but sometime its hard to tell who has what really...maybe not...maybe yes.

but i can say to all yes...sound changes slightly...feel of bad aim and like no control more...slow movements...and even more bullshit changes...most of them i can feel and some even observe with my eyes.

i had here too experience or better feeling for some moment when was messing around with power plans but i doubt hard that psu's has something to do with this...

tried alteast 5 different psu's and nope...nothing at all that could point at an psu issue here.

or im just so hard unlucky and buy broken psu's.

did you order these psu online or get them in person. Look for a proper source, order them online, and make sure it's one that's good for your PC. you probably already did that since you've had this problem much longer than me, but if you hadn't, this is just a reminder. did you try getting a ups, cause i haven't come across much threads that said a ups didn't help them

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 05 Jun 2021, 19:02

for me i alrdy tried 3 differents model of UPS.. (expensive ones) also triend 2 differents model of that Furman MX and the problem is still there so dont waste ur money.. but if u want try ok.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 06 Jun 2021, 02:06

05 Jun 2021, 18:55
05 Jun 2021, 18:45
05 Jun 2021, 18:40
05 Jun 2021, 18:23

we all have similar issues that sounds similar but sometime its hard to tell who has what really...maybe not...maybe yes.

but i can say to all yes...sound changes slightly...feel of bad aim and like no control more...slow movements...and even more bullshit changes...most of them i can feel and some even observe with my eyes.

i had here too experience or better feeling for some moment when was messing around with power plans but i doubt hard that psu's has something to do with this...

tried alteast 5 different psu's and nope...nothing at all that could point at an psu issue here.

or im just so hard unlucky and buy broken psu's.

did you order these psu online or get them in person. Look for a proper source, order them online, and make sure it's one that's good for your PC. you probably already did that since you've had this problem much longer than me, but if you hadn't, this is just a reminder. did you try getting a ups, cause i haven't come across much threads that said a ups didn't help them
ups and others is the only topic and thing that i still dont tried and touch...maybe in near future i go it.

but i tried right now 3 different locations, apartments, different buildings and one of them is new building....

in all this 3 apartments....same issue and no improvement and that what makes me still doubt that an ups is an fix and solution...

how big is the chance that all 3 apartments suffers 1:1 some weird unexplainable power/emi/electricity/faulty ground issues ?

idk but that all getting to crazy even for a guy like me.

germany is a country that are good when it comes to power/electricity.
believe me. :lol:
in all my life i only experienced 2-3 times power outage in this country.
we are good without the need of ups and batteries or power conditioners.
yo if you tried change place with your setup you will have everywhere problem. Our setup is long time affected by this problem, maybe only monitor but i tested many many many places and everywhere i had problem..

I am sure that high shielded power cord cables will be very useful to plug brand new monitor, our old is broken..

Mohammedlawej

Post by Mohammedlawej » 06 Jun 2021, 03:25

please don’t tell me that am just bought 280hz ASUS monitor thought it will be solution but noo it worked well for like one week and then it affected like others bad sound quality poor visual quality 280hz now looks like 50hz now
2 years fighting this think with no success
am quitting GAMING i can’t i tried every thing

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 06 Jun 2021, 05:29

It's 3rd day, everything still works flawless.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 06 Jun 2021, 05:30

05 Jun 2021, 19:02
for me i alrdy tried 3 differents model of UPS.. (expensive ones) also triend 2 differents model of that Furman MX and the problem is still there so dont waste ur money.. but if u want try ok.
Itachi, It's not about 3 different models of UPS, you need 5 different ISP's, like losxer said.

MetalingusMike

Post by MetalingusMike » 06 Jun 2021, 08:13

Are the mods not on the website on a Sunday?

I tried creating a thread earlier and it said it needed approving. It's been several hours and it's still not posted yet.