[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Ketamine29

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Ketamine29 » 06 Jun 2021, 11:15

Unreazz wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 10:42
On my Motherboard i have only VCCIO but not VCSSA. Where is that ?
VCSSA is a System Agent

datoneslap

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by datoneslap » 06 Jun 2021, 11:40

WOW, I really got excited yesterday with the power plan adjustments and felt the problem was fully gone. I changed it to conserve more power. This made the problem SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER, but I was still able to feel it.

However after the 10th hour of testing, the problem finally came back. I know it's not in my head and that's what most of those I play with assume, but any person with a mind can notice the difference is so noticable. People will think I've just gotten worse, but after restarting my pc, for the next 10-30 mins I'll be shitting on them. It's a whole cycle. I have stopped discussing it with the people I play with, because anyone would think I'm speaking out of my ass.

Everytime I think I fixed it, its back in the next few minutes, hours, or days. I gave up on this pc(Acer Nitro 50), I'm returning it today, and getting a REAL GAMING PC with better cooling and better power supply

I tried 3 different headsets and my pc has still given me worse audio than my console. I play controller and the problem causes the analog sticks to have uncontrollable movement(if I played mouse and keyboard its the same) and sometimes the buttons will feel slightly delayed. However the main problems are the audio, screen feels weird sometimes(don't know how to explain) but it feels like it's not immersive no longer, and the aiming will feel like playing ice(like literally).

datoneslap

Post by datoneslap » 06 Jun 2021, 11:44

blackmagic wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 11:27
Unreazz wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/Cb0nrXw.jpeg
for me its vccsa. i think agN mean that and misspelled it.

that how it looks in my asrock bios:
cdn.overclock.net/8/87/875caa3e_160607085014.jpeg

all 3 vccio, vccsa, pch there.

edit:

that what i find when googling on vccsa:

VCCSA: Starting with the second-generation Core i processors (“Sandy Bridge”), the VTT voltage was renamed to VCCSA, and is called “system agent.” It feeds the integrated PCI Express controller, memory controller, and display engine (i.e., the “2D” part of the graphics engine).

so i think for you its the Cpu System Agent Voltage.

has anyone tried an amd processor, because apparently most people suffering with this problem have intel processors

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 06 Jun 2021, 11:49

datoneslap wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 11:44
blackmagic wrote:
Unreazz wrote:

edit:

VCCSA: Starting with the second-generation Core i processors (“Sandy Bridge”), the VTT voltage was renamed to VCCSA, and is called “system agent.” It feeds the integrated PCI Express controller, memory controller, and display engine (i.e., the “2D” part of the graphics engine).

has anyone tried an amd processor, because apparently most people suffering with this problem have intel processors
Yeah i know bruh but i dont have this option either. only vccio when you take a look at my bios

datoneslap

Post by datoneslap » 06 Jun 2021, 11:58

Can anyone explain to me the theory intel processors are the cause of this problem. I have no clue where I have seen this, but apparently most people with this input problem(affecting audio, visual, and mouse) have intel processors. I have an i7-10700 myself. I'll be getting a new PC in the next 3-4 weeks with better cooling and power supply. I'll be updating ya'll frequently to see if I find a fix, but I'm still keen on thinking this has something to do with power, since the problem was smaller after adjusting power plan and it took much longer for the problem to come back completely. 9-10 hours of my pc on with the balanced power plan, and then the problem was back

This is honestly the most hidden problem of history, some people struggled for 7+ years looking for a fix with no result. I

Note: I also have this weird problem, I don't know if it's only me. My USB 3 ports each react differently with input, and USB2 feels way different as well. It may be this terrible motherboard causing this problem, but how is this even possible. When I got it, my input would feel slow, and then I'd reconnect my controller and then it'd feel fast again(not for long tho). This is so weird, i know when things are in my head and when things are quite clearly noticeable

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 06 Jun 2021, 12:25

blackmagic wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 08:26
yonaxsangi wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 08:16
n1zoo wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 05:30
Uchihax wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 19:02
for me i alrdy tried 3 differents model of UPS.. (expensive ones) also triend 2 differents model of that Furman MX and the problem is still there so dont waste ur money.. but if u want try ok.
Itachi, It's not about 3 different models of UPS, you need 5 different ISP's, like losxer said.
lol why u are in this forum if u dont want to help people? u had already a fix but u will not share. looks like u having fun just look around the people who struggling with this problem.

be human kid
here is the fix n1zoo is talk about and it worked for me too for some reason idk how and why...its crazy.

agN:

"UPDATE 4.6.2021: Ok im seems like im finally done with this shit for for ever and want everyone to try this. Its been over three weeks now and i dont ever have any input lag issue, (not state when its better or worse, ITS PERFECT) everything reacts again instantly and my gun firerate in any game is insane. Also this is my fourth day without on-line ups.This is what i did.
1. Open your pc case and check for you cpu fan, if you have a newer motherboard take him out and plug him in to cpu_opt pin.
2. Go to your bios fan settings and do following: for cpu fan disable any smart control and force your cpu to run max speed without any smart control like for example qfan for asus etc.
3. Go to your chassis fan settings and keep them in smart mode, if you your chassis fans have 4 pin use dc mode, if 3 use pwm mode, keep silent profile for them and if you see any opiton like "controled by' or in asus case 'q-fan control' use motherboard source.
3.Adjust your bios for stable oc (this is fundamental anyway!) and adjust VCCIO and VCSSA manually dont let them auto, try values between 0.950v for vccio and 1.1 for vcssa or 1.1 for both of them . Set pch core voltage for 1.050 , if your system crash try little bit higher.
4. I dont know how this is related and why this even happen but after this changed my sound driver just starts to recognize my headphones as headphones and not as speakers, check it after you make this changes and try newer driver for your sound card.
5.Test! Feel free to post your bios settings pictures here.

and some software tips for amd gpu users and for thoose whog stream : 1. pre-rendered frames (nvidia low latency mode)
Download RadeonMod go to UMD-> FlipSizeQueue ( 0x3100), Main3D_def (1), Main3D (0x3100), Main3D_set (0x3100), and disable Radeon AntiLag garbage feature.
2. if you are streaming do not use Display Capture use Game Capture otherwise you will feel input lag like you play in borderless window.
csdm record from camera ( so you can hear key presses and see actual game reaction) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnFwOgAgrCw"

i still dont done the amd radeonmod adjustments but i already knew about them before and that not rly helped me.
the thing that does give effect here was the fan stuff and vccio + vccsa + pch but cant tell what of this rly does the change...

i can confirm here that it worked for me but i need more time to figure out if that rly the culprit and if the new motherboard has something to do with this...

i already tried many times to play around with fan and voltages on my old motherboards but never had a long success with that and it degraded always to bad...

gonna work in this direction the next days.
Bruh are you really sure about that ? since i discovered aGN profile too and as far as i know, he connected his pc to a UPS also. Isnt that necessary to mention ? or does those work without a UPS too ?

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 06 Jun 2021, 12:59

datoneslap wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 11:44
blackmagic wrote:
Unreazz wrote:

edit:

i have AMD .. Ryzen 9 5900x and before in 2016 when my problem started i was using intel i7 4790k with AMD i still have the problem.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 06 Jun 2021, 13:14

n1zoo wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 08:54
blackmagic wrote:
yonaxsangi wrote:
n1zoo wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 05:30

Itachi, It's not about 3 different models of UPS, you need 5 different ISP's, like losxer said.
lol why u are in this forum if u dont want to help people? u had already a fix but u will not share. looks like u having fun just look around the people who struggling with this problem.

be human kid
here is the fix n1zoo is talk about and it worked for me too for some reason idk how and why...its crazy.

agN:

"UPDATE 4.6.2021: Ok im seems like im finally done with this shit for for ever and want everyone to try this. Its been over three weeks now and i dont ever have any input lag issue, (not state when its better or worse, ITS PERFECT) everything reacts again instantly and my gun firerate in any game is insane. Also this is my fourth day without on-line ups.This is what i did.
1. Open your pc case and check for you cpu fan, if you have a newer motherboard take him out and plug him in to cpu_opt pin.
2. Go to your bios fan settings and do following: for cpu fan disable any smart control and force your cpu to run max speed without any smart control like for example qfan for asus etc.
3. Go to your chassis fan settings and keep them in smart mode, if you your chassis fans have 4 pin use dc mode, if 3 use pwm mode, keep silent profile for them and if you see any opiton like "controled by' or in asus case 'q-fan control' use motherboard source.
3.Adjust your bios for stable oc (this is fundamental anyway!) and adjust VCCIO and VCSSA manually dont let them auto, try values between 0.950v for vccio and 1.1 for vcssa or 1.1 for both of them . Set pch core voltage for 1.050 , if your system crash try little bit higher.
4. I dont know how this is related and why this even happen but after this changed my sound driver just starts to recognize my headphones as headphones and not as speakers, check it after you make this changes and try newer driver for your sound card.

and some software tips for amd gpu users and for thoose whog stream : 1. pre-rendered frames (nvidia low latency mode)
Download RadeonMod go to UMD-> FlipSizeQueue ( 0x3100), Main3D_def (1), Main3D (0x3100), Main3D_set (0x3100), and disable Radeon AntiLag garbage feature.
2. if you are streaming do not use Display Capture use Game Capture otherwise you will feel input lag like you play in borderless window.
csdm record from camera ( so you can hear key presses and see actual game reaction) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnFwOgAgrCw"

i still dont done the amd radeonmod adjustments but i already knew about them before and that not rly helped me.
the thing that does give effect here was the fan stuff and vccio + vccsa + pch but cant tell what of this rly does the change...

i can confirm here that it worked for me but i need more time to figure out if that rly the culprit and if the new motherboard has something to do with this...

i already tried many times to play around with fan and voltages on my old motherboards but never had a long success with that and it degraded always to bad...

After doing these steps don't forget to reinstall your GPU drivers with DDU. It improved smoothness a lot. Feels like GPU working the way that supposed to work. I decided to test it even more, so i made fresh OS reinstall. After that my PC works like it should be, no lags, everything smooth, etc. It's like that 3rd day in a row.
so this one worked out for you, ya ?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 06 Jun 2021, 13:32

Unreazz wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 13:14
n1zoo wrote:
blackmagic wrote:
yonaxsangi wrote:

be human kid

agN:

After doing these steps don't forget to reinstall your GPU drivers with DDU. It improved smoothness a lot. Feels like GPU working the way that supposed to work. I decided to test it even more, so i made fresh OS reinstall. After that my PC works like it should be, no lags, everything smooth, etc. It's like that 3rd day in a row.
Yes. I didn't even did all these steps. I just unplugged pins from CPU_FAN and plugged them into SYSFAN, and then GPU drivers reinstall.

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 07 Jun 2021, 15:29

n1zoo wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 13:32
Unreazz wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 13:14
n1zoo wrote:
blackmagic wrote:

agN:

Yes. I didn't even did all these steps. I just unplugged pins from CPU_FAN and plugged them into SYSFAN, and then GPU drivers reinstall.
i do all those.. reinstalling windows... Change CPU_FAN to CPU__FAN_OTP and SYSFAN and change the fans speed.. and plans.. and turn them to silent mode i try everything today. the input lag still there. im a AMD user.

So sad not worked for me :cry: :cry: but im happy for the peoples that it worked for them