Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
BigBoi

Re: Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Post by BigBoi » 04 Nov 2021, 20:43

delve wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 13:32
ok, i checked i only have a digital meter but no communication module, so NO smart meter. Nevertheless the problem is still there even without smart meter for me.

What's the model and manufacturer of that meter?

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 05 Nov 2021, 00:40

Eonds wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 12:08
Mugabi wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 11:53
Lithium battery might be the best investment to be made here
You have rgb ram.... I just looked through the old post lol. Come on bruh 😂. If I’m not mistaken some of those hoards have a faulty plane design. If you want to talk so I can help you, dm me on Twitter. For the record I know how crippling variable latency is. I play at a really high level and it’s pretty common.
yeah i do be having lights in ram and in case but i see streamers havin tons of lights too, why my lights bein the issue here, anyways im desperate for any solution, what is ur twitter and what method ur planning to do to fix my lag? i can give u remote acess if u wana inspect windows and then show u my bios settings fully, then u can help me with lights and build but i think it wont do much ,.lets see huh

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 05 Nov 2021, 01:46

Mugabi wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 00:40
Eonds wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
You have rgb ram.... I just looked through the old post lol. Come on bruh 😂. If I’m not mistaken some of those hoards have a faulty plane design. If you want to talk so I can help you, dm me on Twitter. For the record I know how crippling variable latency is. I play at a really high level and it’s pretty common.
yeah i do be having lights in ram and in case but i see streamers havin tons of lights too, why my lights bein the issue here, anyways im desperate for any solution, what is ur twitter and what method ur planning to do to fix my lag? i can give u remote acess if u wana inspect windows and then show u my bios settings fully, then u can help me with lights and build but i think it wont do much ,.lets see huh
To run rgb ram and then to say emi is your issue is literally pure ignorance. Especially if these leds on the ram modules aren’t static. Add my discord Eonds#7693 . As for the methods we’re going to go through the whole 9 yards, I’ll be asking you a lot of questions about what appliances you have, networking related things, basically everything.

Also if you actually have high frequency voltage transients (dirty electricity) in your home then the only things that can help are filters or something that can store clean energy. Basically this happens because circuits are constantly opening and closing. Smart lights, fans etc typically power saving mechanisms that use pwm can generate a substantial amount of interference. That’s why I recommend setting case fans/other fans to dc in bios & turning off rgb or at least setting static colors. The idea is that you want to minimize electrical disturbance. Also another fix is finding out what’s causing the high frequency voltage transients. Typically a filter like a graham stetzer could significantly help. The idea that power strips help is kind of not true, so basically the voltage is constantly moving up and down. The power strips or surge protectors only protect against significant spikes in voltage.

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 05 Nov 2021, 10:20

Eonds wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 01:46
Mugabi wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 00:40
Eonds wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
To run rgb ram and then to say emi is your issue is literally pure ignorance. Especially if these leds on the ram modules aren’t static. Add my discord Eonds#7693 . As for the methods we’re going to go through the whole 9 yards, I’ll be asking you a lot of questions about what appliances you have, networking related things, basically everything.

Also if you actually have high frequency voltage transients (dirty electricity) in your home then the only things that can help are filters or something that can store clean energy. Basically this happens because circuits are constantly opening and closing. Smart lights, fans etc typically power saving mechanisms that use pwm can generate a substantial amount of interference. That’s why I recommend setting case fans/other fans to dc in bios & turning off rgb or at least setting static colors. The idea is that you want to minimize electrical disturbance. Also another fix is finding out what’s causing the high frequency voltage transients. Typically a filter like a graham stetzer could significantly help. The idea that power strips help is kind of not true, so basically the voltage is constantly moving up and down. The power strips or surge protectors only protect against significant spikes in voltage.
i added you in discord bro. can u help me with the a very fast enemy movement? peeking , running around corner i dont have time to react the the movements seems very blurry not sharp

wadge

Post by wadge » 05 Nov 2021, 10:37

It would be great to share the information here for everybody because we all seem to suffer from the same symptoms...

Eonds, do you think that dirty electricity can cause the first game of the day to be perfect hit registration and smooth and as soon as you start the second game its definitly not the same story ?

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 05 Nov 2021, 10:50

wadge wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 10:37
It would be great to share the information here for everybody because we all seem to suffer from the same symptoms...

Eonds, do you think that dirty electricity can cause the first game of the day to be perfect hit registration and smooth and as soon as you start the second game its definitly not the same story ?
guys this guy is biggest troll in universe
he not gonna help you with anything what you suffer just ignore him or go to the different channel

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 07 Nov 2021, 10:17

wadge wrote:

As I told you on discord (you still didn’t listen) your operating system and bios is the cause of your issues. You are running stock windows 11 and you’re not even playing in exclusive full screen. Most of you guys don’t have the issues you claim you do. I’ve met one person so far who genuinely had dirty electricity, and we were able to solve it by installing a filter. You clearly didn’t have dirty electricity issues.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 07 Nov 2021, 10:22

Unixko wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 10:50
wadge wrote:

guys this guy is biggest troll in universe
he not gonna help you with anything what you suffer just ignore him or go to the different channel
I’ve offered my help for free on here and many other places for free countless times. How is that trolling?? I’ve helped one person recently who genuinely had dirty electricity. After asking a lot of questions about his living situation and after I tweaked his bios he said that the bios tweaks did make a significant difference but the stuttering was still occurring. So I ended up recommending him to buy a specific filter which he did. He now says that the game is smooth like it is during the morning. Most of you don’t have this issue and it’s seriously annoying that you guys don’t listen or use common sense. The people who claim they have tweaked their windows etc clearly did it wrong and ended up making it worse. I have personally tweaked more systems than I can count on my fingers. 99% of the time is can be solved via optimization/proper configuration of hardware and the operating system.

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 07 Nov 2021, 11:03

I’ve offered my help for free on here and many other places for free countless times. How is that trolling?? I’ve helped one person recently who genuinely had dirty electricity. After asking a lot of questions about his living situation and after I tweaked his bios he said that the bios tweaks did make a significant difference but the stuttering was still occurring. So I ended up recommending him to buy a specific filter which he did. He now says that the game is smooth like it is during the morning. Most of you don’t have this issue and it’s seriously annoying that you guys don’t listen or use common sense. The people who claim they have tweaked their windows etc clearly did it wrong and ended up making it worse. I have personally tweaked more systems than I can count on my fingers. 99% of the time is can be solved via optimization/proper configuration of hardware and the operating system.
Hi, what filters do you recommend?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 07 Nov 2021, 18:55

I actually bought 2 greenwave international filters, had to had them shipped oversees, paid about $175 total for them. gave me an insane headache that lasted about 2 days, could barely even sleep first day. So 3 days later i just unplugged them!
For some reason also, my usb audio interface started making a pop everytime i turn my pc on now. It never did that before, and i've had it for 6 months now. Nothing else is wrong with it though, just that pop in the headsets at the early power on.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini