Inputlag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
DeNi

Inputlag

Post by DeNi » 18 Nov 2021, 04:48

Hello everyone. I play computer in CS:GO and I understand that the picture lags a little the mouse does not work as it should. I went to a friend and connected his computer to my monitor everything works superbly, all the mouse movements work as it should. I connected my video card to his computer and it works just as well. Some hardware. When I play with his computer better and better the picture is richer, everything is smoother where. As soon as I turn on my computer, then all the trouble. What could be the matter?
Monitor 244hz
I59600kf
Z370p
1660ti

pual scools

Re: Inputlag

Post by pual scools » 22 Nov 2021, 06:04

Try to turn off the circuit breakers , lights , sockets, watch improvements
If it doesn't help, you'll have to make a new line

DeNi

Post by DeNi » 23 Nov 2021, 08:03

Why you tkink this is electricty?I tried my pc at another house and it was the same bad gameplay.I tried another PC and it was nice.Mby this is PSU problems or motherboard?When i turn on my PC I always hear a squeak in my headphones.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 23 Nov 2021, 20:39

DeNi wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 08:03
Why you tkink this is electricty?I tried my pc at another house and it was the same bad gameplay.I tried another PC and it was nice.Mby this is PSU problems or motherboard?When i turn on my PC I always hear a squeak in my headphones.
For input / output lag there are millions of reasons, maybe you have a hardware problem, who knows

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 23 Nov 2021, 21:19

InputLagger wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 20:39
DeNi wrote:
For input / output lag there are millions of reasons, maybe you have a hardware problem, who knows
millions ? :lol:

i think this forum needs some tutorial of how troubleshoot input lag that happens out of nowhere...

you suspect your hardware as problem ?

step 1: buy or borrow hardware (fiends) and just test at your home. best is if you do both...borrow and buy new. so you can exclude your friends hardware as faulty too...
or bring all your hardware to friend and not just parts of them.

try notebooks aswell and observe how csgo behaves on them at your home...

if this all not helped and you now has feel and suspect that maybe its isp/local/routing/routers/qos/buffers/hidden packetlosses or delay issues at your home or at your isp...

step 2: just try install your hardware at new places in ur or other regions and test.
but if everything fine at your friends home then you can be more sure who to blame and what to do and try...check router, call isp etc...

if this all still not helped...

step 3: try lte, 4g, 5g, satellite at your home.

still no solution and no improvings ?

step 4:

well...you either fucked by emi, electricity mystery or all isp/services in exact ur area are fucked up.

the end of tutorial...
and the end of input lag horror that bothered you all your life.
enjoy.
its free.

and no missleading.
only facts.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 23 Nov 2021, 22:19

DeNi wrote:
easy fix easy case here.

throw your pc in trash and build same pc like ur friend has.

that still not solved your problem ?

oops...
okay then at this point...starts...the interesting part "the mystery of out of nowhere input lag journey".

follow step 2 - 4 input lag troubleshooting tutorial.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 23 Nov 2021, 23:19

i recommend first try to identify what kind of input lag you feel and see..

this forum has display lag and network lag and just input lag... :lol:

you feel disadvantage when compete online against others through this input lag ? you able to build muscle memory with this input lag or everything feels like based on luck and random because of that input lag ?

you feel and see this input lag changes in offline too or more while in online ?
that one question is very important because that gonna help faster to identify the issue.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Nov 2021, 00:55

blackmagic wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 21:19
Yes, millions. Truth.
(More like trillions though)
blackmagic wrote:
i think this forum needs some tutorial of how troubleshoot input lag that happens out of nowhere...
A tutorial is needed, but we'd need a volunteer or hired writer for that. Any takers?

Also, EMI-related latencies (interference -> error correction behaviours in a computer -> latency) are much harder to troubleshoot, but flipping all circuit breakers except for the computer room's circuit breaker, is also a good way to isolate interference caused by bad appliances.

But does not help any other causes of EMI which can come in more forms than the number of atoms in the known universe, sadly...

However, I do not think OP's lag issue is caused by electricity.

Moving this thread to the regular lag forum.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

delve

Post by delve » 24 Nov 2021, 08:20

Did you try your friends computer at his place or your own place?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 25 Nov 2021, 06:03

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:55
blackmagic wrote:
Yes, millions. Truth.
(More like trillions though)
blackmagic wrote:
A tutorial is needed, but we'd need a volunteer or hired writer for that. Any takers?

Also, EMI-related latencies (interference -> error correction behaviours in a computer -> latency) are much harder to troubleshoot, but flipping all circuit breakers except for the computer room's circuit breaker, is also a good way to isolate interference caused by bad appliances.

But does not help any other causes of EMI which can come in more forms than the number of atoms in the known universe, sadly...

However, I do not think OP's lag issue is caused by electricity.

Moving this thread to the regular lag forum.
Did anyone ever try to contact Microsoft about error correction algos? With some faith and good writing, we might have a way to troubleshoot this I believe. I still have absolutely no clue where error correction is implemented and which one(s) is or are causing the problem(s), but in general shouldn't that lead to the culprit?

For example if we were able to disable EC on USB devices, M&K to be exact, are we going to see skipping mouse pointer, or missed keyboard presses? If we did the same to the PCiex16 "GPU", would we have stutters if errors are not corrected etc etc?
I have no idea, just thinking out loud. If what was said about a windows clean install is true, that it resets EC algos, and everything becomes smooth, then everything should run smooth and normal with EC off until "EMI" or whatever the problem is starts showing.