I've lost interest

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Lucho

I've lost interest

Post by Lucho » 03 Apr 2023, 09:32

Hey guys,

I have been lurking for a while now trying to find solutions to my EMI issue. I have the infamous floaty/heavy/uncontrollable mouse and distorted screen like playing on a 60hz monitor. I live in Montreal, Canada and I have been having this problem for almost 10 years+ now. I always been a top tier gamer especially in 1st person shooters and I have completely lost interest since. Like many of you I have already built many computers, done my cabling management, tried different shielded cables, used ferrite cores, changed all possible BIOS settings etc..., everything mentioned in this board, moved different places but in the end it always seems to comeback. It is worse during the day (peak hours) and more manageable during nights but it's never a perfect ratio 1:1. The problem is perceivable also on the desktop/bios. All troubleshooting done is just placebo and just won't last. My issue is not related to ISP because it happens even while being disconnected. So the problem is real. It's really important to keep this board section alive even thought some people do not tend to agree on the subject but we need to work all together to solve this problem once and for all.

adelsa123

Re: I've lost interest

Post by adelsa123 » 03 Apr 2023, 18:02

Lucho wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 09:32
Hey guys,

I have been lurking for a while now trying to find solutions to my EMI issue. I have the infamous floaty/heavy/uncontrollable mouse and distorted screen like playing on a 60hz monitor. I live in Montreal, Canada and I have been having this problem for almost 10 years+ now. I always been a top tier gamer especially in 1st person shooters and I have completely lost interest since. Like many of you I have already built many computers, done my cabling management, tried different shielded cables, used ferrite cores, changed all possible BIOS settings etc..., everything mentioned in this board, moved different places but in the end it always seems to comeback. It is worse during the day (peak hours) and more manageable during nights but it's never a perfect ratio 1:1. The problem is perceivable also on the desktop/bios. All troubleshooting done is just placebo and just won't last. My issue is not related to ISP because it happens even while being disconnected. So the problem is real. It's really important to keep this board section alive even thought some people do not tend to agree on the subject but we need to work all together to solve this problem once and for all.
cann i ask u do u have grounndinng in home !!

Lucho

Post by Lucho » 03 Apr 2023, 20:06

Yes!

Grounded to copper water piping. No ground loop found in the house. Everything in the house was redone using copper cables. I might suspect since it's using the city water piping maybe the electricity is trying to comeback from it's ground idk at this point I am out of idea. Some people mentioned smart meters and my problem started around that time.

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 04 Apr 2023, 02:54

I'll just type my experience just to add something to this threat:

I have tried to move to a different city 10 hours away and i still have the same problems, i have a new computer, new monitor, new peripherals, I even turn off my mobile because I am going crazy with the interferences, I have changed everything, the only fault I can see here is that first I moved, then I used my old pc and my old stuff, i saw that everything was working bad, then i decided to buy a new pc, I saw that it was still bad, then i bought a new monitor and with the mouse it made an improvement but it was still bad, and then I decided to buy a new mouse, I saw that it improved but it was still bad, then I bought a new monitor and together with the mouse it made an improvement, but it is still bad, then I bought a cheap keyboard, mine that I always use costs 200 euros, but the one I bought to test was a bad one with ghosting of 40 euros, I also bought some new headphones to make sure to test with everything new, and still the only thing that made a difference was to disconnect all the cables during the night, I went from being 0 constant in valorant to being able to make 40 kills in imm3 high elo, I have also played csgo 3k hours, and I have competed professionally in other games, I have a lot of experience and I know when it goes right or wrong, and I assure you that the only thing that helped me was the latter, but after several hours playing it always got worse again, so every time I had to do that at night with the cables, but I couldn't test this too much because I moved specifically for this problem and as I didn't solve it I moved back to the city where I lived before, although I really don't know where this problem started because I've moved many times, and I've had this problem for 5 years or more, so either there is no solution within my reach or my failure was using old stuff with new stuff and somehow it has screwed up the new stuff? now im my old house doesnt matter what I try is laggy most of the time and sometimes decent. The issues for me is that when the input lag feels a lot I can also see the image not clear, but when is a bit better the image is much clear if that makes sense, idk, also mouse feels weird and different all the time but most of the time is bad, there's a few moments, days or games that somehow it feels a bit better and then im god like, keyboard feels delayed like the movement in game is so bad it feels like my characters are fat as fuck XD, I also get prefires and ferrari peeks all the time and the worst PART OF ALL OF THIS IS the shit hit regist because is DOG SHIT, bullets literally disappearing like idk

note: Maybe my mistake (?) was using old stuff with the new stuff and also I used my old usb to install windows, I used my old pc to install windows in that pc and then when I got the new one used that usb to install windows on the new pc, and I used that usb in my old house as well, but I dont know where all this started because I moved a lot in the past, im so lost and confused, I just want to fix this and play competitive at high level ):

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 04 Apr 2023, 04:52

I changed apartments, ISP and bought a new computer - the problem persisted. Even on LANs, when I only had my mouse, headphones, keyboard and Steam account, the problem was still there. It's either a problem with damaged components, a Steam account or some kind of "virus" in the pc components. I have no other explanation.

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 04 Apr 2023, 10:17

Hey what's up man! I live near montreal and I'm dealing with the SAME exact issue, I've tried everything i could possibly think over these past 8 years (started back in 2014) and to this day I'm still dealing with it, I've also tried moving to different places and the problem always seem to persist no matter what. Seriously though I'm thinking that the whole region is fucked due to some abnormality with electricity i literally cannot come up with any other answers after all this time. Maybe we could add eachother on discord to keep track of our findings. Do you speak french? Either way is fine.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Apr 2023, 12:54

n1zoo wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 04:52
I changed apartments, ISP and bought a new computer - the problem persisted. Even on LANs, when I only had my mouse, headphones, keyboard and Steam account, the problem was still there. It's either a problem with damaged components, a Steam account or some kind of "virus" in the pc components. I have no other explanation.
it is actually related to all the things that you have mentioned, it is related to your steam accoun, It is related to your PC components, it is related to your location ISP and it is related to the servers you connect to and from you connect from . I actually have a steam account that has more lag than other accounts, i tried playing with this account in different computers in net cafe and its extremely laggy and choppy with too much input lag. the other one I’ve tried is different computers in the same location, and one computer performs differently than the other computer. My first pc had an old bad mobo and it was really bad, my mouse was acting very very badly along with everything , i changed mobo, things improved alot but lag still there but not as nearly as bad as before . The thing u must do is try to get rid of these layers of lag one by one, you can buy new steam account/level 10 faceit if ur issue is mainly account.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 04 Apr 2023, 13:22

its unfixable guys...

start to enjoy life and try to forget all this bullshit online gaming and esports....hitreg, input lag, desync...advantage/disadvantage...blablabla...

that only way and the real fix.

good luck everyone.

atleast be proud that you guys know the truth and just move on with this knowledge...in your life.
you all already gone through all this hell and know much more than all others that still dont experience and know all this things and that hell...
which still sleepy and are blind on both eyes and logic and still believe in ping and jitter or electricity, groundings issues...:lol:

and that knowledge already more worth than all this lucky fake pro players out there and everything on this planet...

just stop all this bullshit talk and start focus on something else in your life.

move better all your effort into something that rly matters in life.

there will be much many other players that gonna join this and other similar forums in very near future...and they gonna talk about same problems and issues and something wrong and "i noticed one day"...something...something...maybe this ? maybe that ? maybe its the moon ?
that 100% fact.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Apr 2023, 16:48

blackmagic wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 13:22
its unfixable guys...

start to enjoy life and try to forget all this bullshit online gaming and esports....hitreg, input lag, desync...advantage/disadvantage...blablabla...

that only way and the real fix.

good luck everyone.

atleast be proud that you guys know the truth and just move on with this knowledge...in your life.
you all already gone through all this hell and know much more than all others that still dont experience and know all this things and that hell...
which still sleepy and are blind on both eyes and logic and still believe in ping and jitter or electricity, groundings issues...:lol:

and that knowledge already more worth than all this lucky fake pro players out there and everything on this planet...

just stop all this bullshit talk and start focus on something else in your life.

move better all your effort into something that rly matters in life.

there will be much many other players that gonna join this and other similar forums in very near future...and they gonna talk about same problems and issues and something wrong and "i noticed one day"...something...something...maybe this ? maybe that ? maybe its the moon ?
that 100% fact.
Truly well said my victim brother. I did it all and some more, its just too much work done to play a video game isnt it?. Its justifiable if your a pro or twitch streamers to spend thousands etc but to freakin be a regular hardcore player isnt worth the hassle. Now let me keep editing bios settings and cope with the changes.

danbmx

Post by danbmx » 04 Apr 2023, 18:14

same here
I'm from São Paulo, Brazil.
Huge inputlag on Apex and Cs old pc and new pc (12700k, 3070ti, 240hz) 10 ping...
19 year steam Account