HELP Chief!Valorant Strange Behaviour

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
rvteen

HELP Chief!Valorant Strange Behaviour

Post by rvteen » 09 May 2023, 02:48

(A)While using rtss to cap my fps,the cpu latency is going high around (3-4ms) and the CPU wait GPU time is spiking due to which CPU latency is spiking,Nvidea Reflex and latency mode FAILS here don't know why & because of this its becoming really hard to kill enemies.

WHILE

(B)If i cap my fps above 200(on rtss) every thing is normal i.e latency stays normal around (.2-.3ms) and CPU wait GPU is (0ms), BUT as soon as i cap it below 200 i get high latencies and in this situation the RELEX AND LATENCY MODE dont seem to work as told earlier.

(C)Btw if i cap fps in game or using nvcp latencies are normal around (.2-.3) and REFLEX OR LATENCY MODE work as charm making my latency from (2-3ms) to (.2.-3) and CPU time from (9-10ms) to (5-6ms)

things tried:
1.hags without reflex
2.disabling game mode
3.oc cpu and gpu
4.high and low graphics settings
5.priority to high
6.tried different refresh rates and capping values

P.S:-i cap fps below my refresh rate(165HZ) i.e 162fps
-Cpu wait Gpu time is time cpu wait for render thread
-it does not happen above 200fps cap while using any cap method
-only happens on rtss below 200fps cap and here every latency fix seems to stop

I need CHIEF'S help it seems :/

Boop

Re: HELP Chief!Valorant Strange Behaviour

Post by Boop » 09 May 2023, 03:30

I would just turn off any FPS caps and let NVIDIA Reflex manage keeping latency low in VALORANT. That will give you the lowest system latency possible and let your system stretch its legs.

rvteen

Post by rvteen » 09 May 2023, 03:38

Boop wrote: ↑
09 May 2023, 03:30
I would just turn off any FPS caps and let NVIDIA Reflex manage keeping latency low in VALORANT. That will give you the lowest system latency possible and let your system stretch its legs
Valorant is a _____ Game😊, It does not behave well on my pc without fps caps and that too with rtss as(Enemies Pre fire, 9/10 I'll definitely loose a gun fight even from a gold,Though I m immortal,Spay(recoil) seems as I am shooting in real life,Ferrari peek from enemy and m red if I try the same m ded as soon as I try to peek) So because of these capping fps through rtss seems to work best for me....

Boop

Post by Boop » 09 May 2023, 03:53

rvteen wrote: ↑
09 May 2023, 03:38
It does not behave well on my pc without fps caps
Does your system thermal throttle or something? Higher FPS/Lower system latency should help win fights that come down to peekers advantage.

If the problems you're having are netcode related, then I don't think any FPS caps will help in the long-term.

rvteen

Post by rvteen » 09 May 2023, 04:55

09 May 2023, 03:53
It does not behave well on my pc without fps caps
Does your system thermal throttle or something? Higher FPS/Lower system latency should help win fights that come down to peekers advantage.

If the problems you're having are netcode related, then I don't think any FPS caps will help in the long-term.

I am not thermal throttling as every thing is fine in Hw Info,no red marks while playing

My network is also very fine,Its hardware related issue,Valorant is the only game I suffer,cs go is fine ,
Its not optimized well,Deva are busy in making money πŸ˜…

You can find same threads on reddit where people are suffering from Ferrari peeks ,Bad spray,Network desync and All that I mentioned

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 09 May 2023, 05:32

/
Last edited by blackmagic on 09 May 2023, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 09 May 2023, 06:10

09 May 2023, 03:30
I would just turn off any FPS caps and let NVIDIA Reflex manage keeping latency low in VALORANT. That will give you the lowest system latency possible and let your system stretch its legs
Valorant is a _____ Game😊, It does not behave well on my pc without fps caps and that too with rtss as(Enemies Pre fire, 9/10 I'll definitely loose a gun fight even from a gold,Though I m immortal,Spay(recoil) seems as I am shooting in real life,Ferrari peek from enemy and m red if I try the same m ded as soon as I try to peek) So because of these capping fps through rtss seems to work best for me....

what exactly fps cap does ?
you have any real data and proofs for that and how that affect vals servers ?

or its just all your believe that fps cap gives you some advantage in valorant ?

i saw pro players playing and most of them play without cap...with +400fps.

rvteen

Post by rvteen » 09 May 2023, 06:29

blackmagic wrote: ↑
09 May 2023, 06:10

what exactly fps cap does ?
you have any real data and proofs for that ?

or its just all your believe that fps cap gives you some advantage in valorant ?

i saw pro players playing and most of them play without cap...with 400fps and feel fine.
That's why they are pros,They have Pro configured Machines Which are made for pro level to match the hidden pro Settings.

Yes, definitely fps caps(through rtss) feel more consistent and smoother then uncapped and its probably for sure machine releated as It was proven earlier that for some of us ANY CAPS OR UNCAPPED above or below 128 FPS WAS CAUSING NETWORK DESYNC by making server rates fluctuate(google it),And it happened to me and the only fix was capping the fps to 128 ,which they fixed Around 6-7 months back but not a long time ago this issue was again raised by someone ,so their again fixed it in their last patch(according to them)

If this can happen then for sure there are other factors also which are hidden and causing server DESYNC..

Its the issue which riot don't want to fix

Tiberiusmoon

Post by Tiberiusmoon » 09 May 2023, 06:29

09 May 2023, 02:48
(A)While using rtss to cap my fps,the cpu latency is going high around (3-4ms) and the CPU wait GPU time is spiking due to which CPU latency is spiking,Nvidea Reflex and latency mode FAILS here don't know why & because of this its becoming really hard to kill enemies.
What are you using to measure this CPU latency?

rvteen

Post by rvteen » 09 May 2023, 06:31

Tiberiusmoon wrote: ↑
09 May 2023, 06:29

What are you using to measure this CPU latency and CPU wait GPU time?
Valorant has in game latency stats