Looking for help with input/desync issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
1017Tin

Looking for help with input/desync issues

Post by 1017Tin » 21 May 2023, 12:24

Hello!
I recently came back to gaming after taking a 5 year long break from esports.
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Looking for help with input/desync issues

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 May 2023, 14:10

1017Tin wrote:
21 May 2023, 12:24
Would anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!
Hello,

We don't allow electricity-related threads in the main latency forum -- just so you know. I have moved the thread here.

Now, while your problem might be electrical, there is less than 50-50 chance you will be able to fix the problem. There are many different problems other than grounding -- there's an infinite number of causes of electrical problems, some more common than others. If you must keep troubleshooting electrical issues, try possibly try testing an online UPS or a power station.

Make sure you have a Plan B other than gaming, if possible.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

dervu

Post by dervu » 21 May 2023, 14:39

I never heard about anyone having similiar symptoms whom UPS connected to grid helped. At best it would help for amount of time that battery lasts when it was disconnected from grid. Even if you get power station it needs to be big one and it can be annoying if someday you would like to play for longer time than battery lasts, but hey at least you can play.
Every case can be different, but those symptoms are so common that it is hard to believe this issue does not have at least some common phenomenon, even if source could be different. So far no one provided any proof what phenomenon is causing it and as Chief says it can be multiple things, so we might not know ever.

It is hard to tell electrician anything beyond usual checkup, because he is probably not qualified to fix that, like it usually is with such stories.
Anyway, it is worth checking if everything with electrical installation is ok.
You could ask building owner about its history and what has changed in recent years and maybe talk to neighbours if they are not using some weird electrical equipment. Maybe you could get lucky and find issue this way. Beyond that, it is not worth chasing it. Then, either you buy power station and forget (considering your PC still works flawlessly in another place) or move out.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 21 May 2023, 21:02

dervu wrote:
21 May 2023, 14:39
I never heard about anyone having similiar symptoms whom UPS connected to grid helped. At best it would help for amount of time that battery lasts when it was disconnected from grid. Even if you get power station it needs to be big one and it can be annoying if someday you would like to play for longer time than battery lasts, but hey at least you can play.
Every case can be different, but those symptoms are so common that it is hard to believe this issue does not have at least some common phenomenon, even if source could be different. So far no one provided any proof what phenomenon is causing it and as Chief says it can be multiple things, so we might not know ever.

It is hard to tell electrician anything beyond usual checkup, because he is probably not qualified to fix that, like it usually is with such stories.
Anyway, it is worth checking if everything with electrical installation is ok.
You could ask building owner about its history and what has changed in recent years and maybe talk to neighbours if they are not using some weird electrical equipment. Maybe you could get lucky and find issue this way. Beyond that, it is not worth chasing it. Then, either you buy power station and forget (considering your PC still works flawlessly in another place) or move out.
I will summarize my theory. Where I live, a little-known electricity (hydroelectric) company supplies power to about 5 towns in the area. In 2017 I had no inputlag issues and I was pretty good in every game, but after those years I was never good again and I never noticed the problem until a few years ago. Anyway, I suppose it's the utility that provides dirty power to everyone, with low quality equipment and power generation, maybe somewhere in these cities I don't have the problem, but at least in mine, which I tested in 4 different places . the problem. The way is to move to the big capitals of their respective countries. and the only solution. There are certainly many people who have this problem but don't realize it and consider themselves bad at games. sorry for English

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 22 May 2023, 00:54

1017Tin wrote:
It's actually sad to see someone literally is close to suicide only because of this problem, why? I'm really asking this, is your life so worthless? For yourself or whoever who have any relationships to you? That you're trying to suicide? Is it worth that much against your life? I believe not, your not insects that are getting killed by other animals everyday, you're a human, yeah I know nowadays because of some governments politics, humans life are not valuable anymore, but it's governments, they are literally not humans, they are demons, but you are, you are a human and your life have a lot value either to yourself and/or to your close friends or families.
Please please please I beg you to consider this.

It just doesn't worth a life, it just doesn't solve any thing. Do you think if we don't have you in this world, we will finally solve this problem? No for 100 percent sure.
There are just a lot of better things is this world that we can take it as further options to enjoy our entire life. It just doesn't matter that you can't prove yourself at gaming world, it's literally just a virtual world, just try to be happy and worthy in real life. This must be your actual goal.

Anyways, as you said, you believe that if anyone manages to fix this problem, or just doesn't have any at the first hand, he/she can be extremely good at games, I believe it too, and I believe even more, I think its not the matter of skill that much, it's more the matter of how amount of this problem you have, anyone can be good at games, skillful or skill-less, a skill-less player can be skillful at any game for just a month if he/she have less to no of this problem.

Now for a minute, imagine this world: no one have this problem, or anyone knows how to fix this problem, is this world the world that you can enjoy your game and have 30+ kills in every game? I bet not. I bet will end up with even with 10- kills in your matches, and again you may end up with suicide.
Thus I think this world is in it's most best shape, imagine every human eat only one kind of food, is this world an enjoyable world? I bet not. So this unfairness in this gaming world actually makes it an enjoyable world, a world that someone can either make money out of it, or just enjoying it by being the best at most of matches, only because he/she have less to no amount of this problem.

So now that you imagined that fair boring world, don't wait for someone who comes and gives you his/her solution, because this guy can make a lot of money out of it, only by streaming his/her games or by participating at tournaments, more than 50000$ monthly. He/She just won't give you his/her solution because he/she just won't want to lose this income, because if he/she will, he/she will build a fair boring world that no one can be good unless he put a lot lot lot more effort to build minor skills to be better than others.
But in this world, everyone can be good, skillful or not, if manages to fix this problem completely.

Don't play at this world which you don't have any field in it, unless you find a solution by yourself to build a field to play in your field.
Otherwise, just leave this unreal world and find your real yard in real world, and play your real life in it.
Then in the future in your remaining life, you may find a guy who shows a video of how he managed to fix or even better, becomes a holy guy and shows a solution on how to manage it, but then it's up to you to decide to come back in this world to build your field or not. It's you who decides what to do, not gaming world if you take my word.

We are humans, not animals. We should not let anything or anyone take control of our valuable life, please consider this, I don't know how much more I can emphasize this.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 22 May 2023, 02:48

1017Tin wrote:
Hello!
I recently came back to gaming after taking a 5 year long break from esports.
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?

I feel your pain my dude, As discouraging as Chief's reply to your post is, it does hold some truth within, specially the part where Plan B comes in. I still do believe that certain factors are at play here, and not a million ones per se. Yet no one can prove or disprove anything since the culprit is still unknown.

I have spent over $5000 now on rewiring and making sure that my apartment is well within electrical specs. I have changed the lighting system, every receptacle, I made sure that circuits are in good order and nothing is shared between them, changed the entire main panel and its breakers, installed about 10 electricity filters, 6 copper infused grounding electrodes, another $7000 dumped on a high end gaming rig yet nothing really helped. I do live in an apartment though, the rest of the building's electrical system is out of my control.

Point is, either you can manage to hold your patience and keep your mental health in check while doing so, or you might have to force gaming into a lower priority in your life. Thinking of suicide should've been alarming enough, you will need to recondition your brain to accept that gaming from now on is only a hobby and certainly not a detrimental part of your livelihood.

To be clear, I'm not being pessimistic, but it is what it is. If you have the locational freedom, then I suggest that you start with looking for a new place, probably a place close to where your old apartment was "if possible", otherwise, it might be just a hit or miss procedure.

I also do agree that the problem is definitely more spread then some might like to acknowledge. If you have been gaming your entire life with this lag, you'll never know, and you'll proceed to scrapping every incident that you have to being "internet related lag" since this is the most common target to throw your blame darts at.

If you want to start troubleshooting, make sure that you start with the threads in this sub-forum, a lot of good folks have done a lot of testing and spent their hard earned bucks doing so. My advice is, at least for now, do testing with things that have a decent free return policy preferably a 30-day one, or at least one with no more than 10-15% restocking fee. Some things "ex: UPS"; as observed by other members of this forum, might lift the lag from your gaming experience for a short period of time, then the lag would come creeping back. So just make sure that you have a return policy on the items you purchase for testing. Other than that, stay strong, you still have a good life ahead of you and wonderful supportive girlfriend that clearly cares about you.

Cheers
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 22 May 2023, 09:31

Went from lvl 10 to lvl 5 faceit and on that level 5 is hard to get frag when i am holding rifle and the enemy is in full eco….
Spend like 10k to try to fix it…. no way… do not waste money to fix it at area u are now that is my advice to you…
Its allready 3 years now… new house is under construction for my self and belive me when they was building electric wireing they was mad at me thats my last try to fix this…

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 22 May 2023, 13:28

This post is simply the best proof that whether you are good at online gaming or not is always up to the location.

delve

Post by delve » 22 May 2023, 13:44

yes and you better not move randomly, but move as close as possible to top rank players as you can.

akylen

Post by akylen » 22 May 2023, 13:52

All we need is proof and a way to identify where exactly the problem is.

The problem is that there are those who think they have the problem and those who really have the problem.