ULMB 2 Released

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
Post Reply
Shing0
Posts: 18
Joined: 28 Apr 2021, 15:35

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by Shing0 » 31 May 2023, 16:11

Has anybody tried large vertical total through QFT on ULMB2 supported monitors ?

User avatar
lyrill
Posts: 387
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 10:37

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by lyrill » 31 May 2023, 21:51

Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
30 May 2023, 03:18
Make sure you use very fast speeds like 3000 pixels/sec when testing pulse width differences.

My favorite TestUFO for strobe pulse width experiments is /map#pps=3000 and then maximize to full screen mode (but make sure you're using VSYNC ON for full screen mode in NVCP)

I like that one because it goes blurry at 1ms MPRT and goes sharp at 0.5ms MPRT, great demo of the need for sub-1ms MPRT.
i've got wt on background and 2880 is already near impossible to read. still on the 390hz

bumbeen
Posts: 90
Joined: 25 Apr 2023, 14:35

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by bumbeen » 01 Jun 2023, 14:36

Working on this!! After 45 minutes trying I have one good image and a newfound respect for you folks out here doing this on the daily. Oh my lawd this is at least 10x more difficult than I was expecting. So I used my Sony a7c for those images above. And the one good image I got was on my sony G 20mm prime. I believe I have video off the sony as well but I have to get it loaded and poke at it in resolve to try and see if there's any worthwhile frames in there. If I have to I will break out the gimbal, haven't had an excuse to use that thing in a hot minute.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 12288
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jun 2023, 03:39

lyrill wrote: ↑
31 May 2023, 21:51
i've got wt on background and 2880 is already near impossible to read. still on the 390hz
0.5ms MPRT(0->100%) is only 1 pixel of motion blur at 2000 pixels/sec.

The motion speed is right at the threshold of human eyetrack abilities for 1080p just to read ONE label (especially if you first pause the map and study a street label to aim your eyes at during motion test -- like labels near Toronto's "Skydome", erm, "Rogers Centre").

0.5ms vs 1.0ms MPRT is easier to tell apart at 1440p or 4K.

Nontheless, 0.5ms versus 1ms MPRT human-visibility tests requires extreme motion speeds.

Even easier is 4x motion blur blur differentials (e.g. 0.25ms MPRT versus 1.0ms MPRT), on an 8K display. At 4000 pixels/sec, which takes almost 2 seconds to go horizontally across the screen, that's enough time to tell apart spatial versus motion resolution. That's 1 pixels of motion blur versus 4 pixels of motion blur.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on: BlueSky | Twitter | Facebook

Image
Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

User avatar
lyrill
Posts: 387
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 10:37

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by lyrill » 04 Jun 2023, 20:59

Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2023, 03:39
lyrill wrote: ↑
31 May 2023, 21:51
i've got wt on background and 2880 is already near impossible to read. still on the 390hz
0.5ms MPRT(0->100%) is only 1 pixel of motion blur at 2000 pixels/sec.

The motion speed is right at the threshold of human eyetrack abilities for 1080p just to read ONE label (especially if you first pause the map and study a street label to aim your eyes at during motion test -- like labels near Toronto's "Skydome", erm, "Rogers Centre").

0.5ms vs 1.0ms MPRT is easier to tell apart at 1440p or 4K.

Nontheless, 0.5ms versus 1ms MPRT human-visibility tests requires extreme motion speeds.
yeah definitely can easily tell diff of 200 400 600 fps even on this budget "360 panel" so i guess the question is, still wait for 2x rule or cop on this? cus i really need a new pc for these.....and 1440p+ obv..

akrios
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Nov 2022, 19:19

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by akrios » 06 Jun 2023, 22:40

Been going back and forth lately between G-Sync and ULMB 2 trying to decide what I like more, the extra clarity during motion or the consistent smoothness with G-Sync. I get around 200-220fps a lot in Apex when not capped at 300fps in 1440p.

Blurnabi
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Jun 2023, 01:39

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by Blurnabi » 08 Jun 2023, 01:44

Does DLSS3 framegen have ability to run vsynced for consistent frame delivery? I mean there are only handful of new games which can run consistent 360fps with top spec PC let alone 160fps therefore having ULMB2 with native 360Hz is kinda moot. I even have trouble running consistent 240Hz on my most played game Dota2 no matter what the settings I use with 4090 GPU and 7600x.

I feel like there are lots of avenues to explore with strobing and frame generation interoperability.

User avatar
RealNC
Site Admin
Posts: 4652
Joined: 24 Dec 2013, 18:32
Contact:

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by RealNC » 08 Jun 2023, 11:05

Blurnabi wrote: ↑
08 Jun 2023, 01:44
Does DLSS3 framegen have ability to run vsynced for consistent frame delivery?
Yes. Initially, neither vsync nor gsync were supported. Now both are working.
Steam • GitHub • Stack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Kuscheln_Hammer92
Posts: 73
Joined: 29 Apr 2023, 08:57

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by Kuscheln_Hammer92 » 08 Jun 2023, 11:54

akrios wrote: ↑
06 Jun 2023, 22:40
Been going back and forth lately between G-Sync and ULMB 2 trying to decide what I like more, the extra clarity during motion or the consistent smoothness with G-Sync. I get around 200-220fps a lot in Apex when not capped at 300fps in 1440p.
Does ULMB 2 run with anything else on say RTss scanline sync or if you have fast sync on and framerate uncapped?

bumbeen
Posts: 90
Joined: 25 Apr 2023, 14:35

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by bumbeen » 08 Jun 2023, 17:49

Kuscheln_Hammer92 wrote: ↑
08 Jun 2023, 11:54
akrios wrote: ↑
06 Jun 2023, 22:40
Been going back and forth lately between G-Sync and ULMB 2 trying to decide what I like more, the extra clarity during motion or the consistent smoothness with G-Sync. I get around 200-220fps a lot in Apex when not capped at 300fps in 1440p.
Does ULMB 2 run with anything else on say RTss scanline sync or if you have fast sync on and framerate uncapped?
yes. the strobing is solely a function of backlight sync with a fixed monitor refresh rate, there is no awareness of game FPS or other syncing function

Post Reply