(INTEL ONLY) An easy way to instantly lower input latency

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dougg0k

Re: (INTEL ONLY) An easy way to instantly lower input latency

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 18:18

That is a different error, maybe because the memory dump file are taking longer to be generated, or maybe it's something else. I updated the script and added a small delay after a memory dump to see if it will be generated before the script try to read the content of it.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 Jun 2023, 18:41

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 18:18
That is a different error, maybe because the memory dump file are taking longer to be generated, or maybe it's something else. I updated the script and added a small delay after a memory dump to see if it will be generated before the script try to read the content of it.
It is still not generated for some reason
also i keep getting the rw error even so it looks like it is working.

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 18:45

I was looking through the djdallmann docs once more, still not sure the implementation is 100%, some parts are not clear and information very limited.

You would be able to know if it's working, if you run the script and is the same memory place and value if you were to do manually.

By your last screenshot, the address used is missing a part of it. So clearly wrong.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 Jun 2023, 18:49

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 18:45
I was looking through the djdallmann docs once more, still not sure the implementation is 100%, some parts are not clear and information very limited.

You would be able to know if it's working, if you run the script and is the same memory place and value if you were to do manually.

By your last screenshot, the address used is missing a part of it. So clearly wrong.
I got the He utility to work by disabling secure boot and enabling testing mode gonna try to follow the manual steps and report if i got it to work

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 18:58

That was already disabled here, so only those REGs were enough. MEM dump from HE is in a different format, not text readable.

There was a command in RWeverything and HE that is to find memory, but somewhat complex and has very bad documentation, I was not able to understand and make use of them, besides that, the only way was to dump using RWEverything.

I added a file check in the script, it should prevent those errors, but it's not an actual fix, because the file/dump should available to be read.

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 19:17

I removed the file check and refactored the mem dump to be done before, at least here, I didnt see the behavior you showed in the screenshot happening afer that.

Let me know if it's working now, or still has errors happening.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 Jun 2023, 19:22

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 18:58
That was already disabled here, so only those REGs were enough. MEM dump from HE is in a different format, not text readable.

There was a command in RWeverything and HE that is to find memory, but somewhat complex and has very bad documentation, I was not able to understand and make use of them, besides that, the only way was to dump using RWEverything.

I added a file check in the script, it should prevent those errors, but it's not an actual fix, because the file/dump should available to be read.
I tried to do it manually using HE but i am lost everything is different and i donot know what i am looking for
i will hopefully you figure out soon if there is anything you would like to test on windows 11 let me know would be happy to help

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 19:25

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:22
dougg0k wrote:

I tried to do it manually using HE but i am lost everything is different and i donot know what i am looking for
i will hopefully you figure out soon if there is anything you would like to test on windows 11 let me know would be happy to help
Try again with latest changes and see if you get any errors.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 Jun 2023, 19:33

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:25
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:

Same unfortunately

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 19:36

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:33
dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:25
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:

Same unfortunately
I was thinking, maybe you only have the script in a different folder or are executing from a different path and causing it to not find the Rw.exe.