Page 15 of 34

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 11 Feb 2014, 19:53
by ps9923
just got mine today (Germany)

i run the test and its bugged , hope benq got a fast solution for me.

mfg date december 2013 Rev. 00-120-BA

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 04:34
by masterotaku
ps9923 wrote:just got mine today (Germany)

i run the test and its bugged , hope benq got a fast solution for me.

mfg date december 2013 Rev. 00-120-BA
But.... why don't you people stop buying them? You are asking for trouble, for yourselves and for BenQ, who will have to replace your monitors. I'd wait until Chief or BenQ confirm that it's solved and that you are guaranteed 100% that you'll get the fixed version if you buy it.

Now, I'm waiting for the BenQ XL2420G. They said it would be released in Q1 2014, so it has to be February or March. Probably March, as we are almost in mid February don't have information yet.

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 11:54
by LogicElite
Benq will simply suggest you to return the screen to the store ..

This is why i'm still waiting for my MStar unit.. I understand with Benq support that If you would be well served, serve yourself..

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 12:31
by Chief Blur Buster
LogicElite wrote:Benq will simply suggest you to return the screen to the store ..
This is why i'm still waiting for my MStar unit.. I understand with Benq support that If you would be well served, serve yourself..
They changed their procedures and are now offering to replace monitors directly.

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 12:33
by Chief Blur Buster
masterotaku wrote:But.... why don't you people stop buying them? You are asking for trouble, for yourselves and for BenQ, who will have to replace your monitors. I'd wait until Chief or BenQ confirm that it's solved and that you are guaranteed 100% that you'll get the fixed version if you buy it.
March manufacture dates will all be updated for all Z-series monitors.
The transition point is happening this month as we speak.
masterotaku wrote:Now, I'm waiting for the BenQ XL2420G. They said it would be released in Q1 2014, so it has to be February or March. Probably March, as we are almost in mid February don't have information yet.
Didn't another site mention "end of Q2" now? I know NVIDIA is working overtime to get the GSYNC upgrades done.

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 12:43
by LogicElite
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
LogicElite wrote:Benq will simply suggest you to return the screen to the store ..
This is why i'm still waiting for my MStar unit.. I understand with Benq support that If you would be well served, serve yourself..
They changed their procedures and are now offering to replace monitors directly.
Yes, this is what they told me but they are now offering free cross shipping? Because to ship a monitor of this weight could cost higher than ordering a MStar Unit. And my monitor is perfect, no scratch or dead pixel.. it's a risk to receive a ''refurbished'' monitor.

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 15:21
by GitDat
I just called BENQ tech support and he told me that they do not have a fix yet. He said my only options were to either return the monitor for a refund or to just not use the Motion Blur Reduction feature, LOL

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 16:21
by LogicElite
GitDat wrote:I just called BENQ tech support and he told me that they do not have a fix yet. He said my only options were to either return the monitor for a refund or to just not use the Motion Blur Reduction feature, LOL
Hey GitDat, I'm sure they were afraid when you told them that you were owning three monitor (shipping fee for 3 xl2720z would be too expensive).. :D Have you contacted the support by chat or phone?

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 18:05
by TheRulesLawyer
GitDat wrote:I just called BENQ tech support and he told me that they do not have a fix yet. He said my only options were to either return the monitor for a refund or to just not use the Motion Blur Reduction feature, LOL
Might hold on until the end of your return window and see if the bugfix pops up.

Re: BENQ XL2720Z 27" of goodness :) [and firmware bug]

Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 05:18
by Mouzuone
Just received my 20Z here in Germany... and it's buggy. Great!
It lacks the extra settings like strobe-persistence settings and obviously looks a whole lot worse than the original lightboost.
I got it for a comparably good price, so I mind sending it back. If prices start to drop heavily due to the bug and there's no firmware fix within two weeks I'll will probably send it back and wait for betterment.