NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, ToastyX, black frame insertion (BFI), and now framerate-based motion blur reduction (framegen / LSS / etc).
removeme
Posts: 1
Joined: Today, 13:40

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by removeme » Today, 13:59

I'm a bit confused about Pulsar implementation at 360+ fps, is the strobing completely turned off at this range or does it strobe with a pulse width matching 360 FPS/Hz?

If I play games that would easily achieve 360+ fps, capped at a consistent 359/360 FPS, would ULMB 2 strictly be better or are there benefits to Pulsar implementation beyond VRR? To that point, on these Pulsar monitors does ULMB 2 still not strobe in a rolling scan?
Last edited by removeme on 04 Oct 2026, 14:00, edited 2 times in total.

wiseude
Posts: 63
Joined: 27 Jan 2019, 12:42

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by wiseude » Today, 15:28

hammelgammler wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2026, 11:11
Is there anyone who got a monitor without it any backlight bleeding whatsoever? I know that IPS glow is normal and you can’t avoid that, but backlight bleeding is a lottery again.

This is my monitor and there is some bleeding at the bottom. Not the end of the world to be fair, but still annoys me.
Image

Here is mine.

Don't mind the other big blobs of light on the lower half of the picture.That's just lighting from somewhere else.

I think in my case it's uneven pressure on that exact part(Don't know what to call it)
Only visible when I turn ON/OFF my PC so when only the monitor is running.
Dodged Dead pixels to get something else.The upside is its not visible in day to day use.

I do wonder if they would even consider this a defect warrant of a return.

mawi
Posts: 96
Joined: 03 Jan 2026, 08:10
Location: Palatine, Germany

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by mawi » 23 minutes ago

removeme wrote: ↑
Today, 13:59
I'm a bit confused about Pulsar implementation at 360+ fps, is the strobing completely turned off at this range or does it strobe with a pulse width matching 360 FPS/Hz?

If I play games that would easily achieve 360+ fps, capped at a consistent 359/360 FPS, would ULMB 2 strictly be better or are there benefits to Pulsar implementation beyond VRR? To that point, on these Pulsar monitors does ULMB 2 still not strobe in a rolling scan?
According to Nvidia it keeps strobing with 360 Hz if you run uncapped above 360 fps. You might see some tearing then:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... nt=3626866

When I use my phone camera to capture the strobing, its perfectly visible when playing VRR. In windows at full 360 fps/hz I do not see any strobing on my phone video as its 60 fps, a multiple of 360.
So when running with more than 360 fps, some ppl claim pulsar is not working anymore according to their camera. I think they just capture straight 360 Hz and no strobing is visible.

Regarding your 2nd question... i think ulmb2 would have better motion clarity. You can also change pulse width. But you will struggle to keep latency low (not using vsync) and avoid tearing. This was discussed just some pages ago. I would go with pulsar.
7800X3D, RTX 5070 Ti, XG27AQNGV Pulsar

Post Reply