Page 3 of 3
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 01 Feb 2019, 13:21
by RealNC
pwn wrote:The author of the topic indicated that he does not have restrictions on FPS, I do not understand something?
Scanline-sync will cap your FPS to your refresh rate, just like vsync, but without the input lag of vsync. That's what it does. If you're running the monitor at 120Hz, you will get 120FPS.
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 01 Feb 2019, 13:23
by pwn
RealNC wrote:pwn wrote:The author of the topic indicated that he does not have restrictions on FPS, I do not understand something?
Scanline-sync will cap your FPS to your refresh rate, just like vsync, but without the input lag of vsync. That's what it does. If you're running the monitor at 120Hz, you will get 120FPS.
Thanks for the answer!
Now it is clear, the author of the topic misled me.
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 01 Feb 2019, 16:56
by Chief Blur Buster
pwn wrote:Thanks for the answer!
Now it is clear, the author of the topic misled me.
No, the author is correct.
When the author said "
no limit on fps ingame", it means the author avoided the "fps_max" setting.
The game's framerate limit is disabled.
So the
framerate-limiting is done by RTSS instead of the framerate-limiting by the game fps_max setting.
You just misunderstood the author.
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 01 Feb 2019, 17:37
by pwn
Chief Blur Buster wrote:pwn wrote:Thanks for the answer!
Now it is clear, the author of the topic misled me.
No, the author is correct.
When the author said "
no limit on fps ingame", it means the author avoided the "fps_max" setting.
The game's framerate limit is disabled.
So the
framerate-limiting is done by RTSS instead of the framerate-limiting by the game fps_max setting.
You just misunderstood the author.
Thank you for the clarification
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 10 Mar 2019, 13:41
by BlurZapper
Hello just wanted to make some comments about this using ULMB with 100 and 120hz, at 1440p. It works pretty well, I just set the scanline to 1400-1440 (doesn't matter) and I see zero tearing with ULMB on, vsync off. I guess this is the best method to do now instead of the old RTSS -.01 framerate limit?
Its getting a little confusing these days I need to list the two old methods I have:
1. ULMB (100hz/120hz) Vsync on, RTSS -.01 framerate limit. This takes away the vsync lag (worked great)
2. ULMB (100hz/120hz) Vsync off, RTSS - .01 framerate limit. This used to keep a horizontal tear which I could never keep constant, and have slightly faster mouse response from screen.
Now with this new option all thanks to BlurBuster I can replace both above options (at least from my understanding) with:
1. ULMB Vsync off, scanline 1440. No stuttering (as long as GPU is not choked), no tearing, with the benefit of quick frame draws.
So I don't need to worry about bumping the frame limit below refresh anymore since vsync is off. Any added comments would be great, so I can understand this better.
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 10 Mar 2019, 14:46
by RealNC
BlurZapper wrote:Hello just wanted to make some comments about this using ULMB with 100 and 120hz, at 1440p. It works pretty well, I just set the scanline to 1400-1440 (doesn't matter) and I see zero tearing with ULMB on, vsync off. I guess this is the best method to do now instead of the old RTSS -.01 framerate limit?
Yes. You are effectively getting input lag that equals vsync off (or g-sync) at that specific frame rate cap.
Its getting a little confusing these days I need to list the two old methods I have:
1. ULMB (100hz/120hz) Vsync on, RTSS -.01 framerate limit. This takes away the vsync lag (worked great)
Not entirely. It eliminates vsync backpressure latency, but some of the "core" vsync lag is still there (about 1 frame of latency.) ssync with vsync off on the other hand completely eliminates vsync lag altogether; even that last 1 frame.
2. ULMB (100hz/120hz) Vsync off, RTSS - .01 framerate limit. This used to keep a horizontal tear which I could never keep constant, and have slightly faster mouse response from screen.
ssync is the same as that, except it can control the tearline position without any latency cost.
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 10 Mar 2019, 15:43
by BlurZapper
Awesome, thanks for describing both the old and new methods. You and Blurbuster always give the best, quickest advice!
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 07 Dec 2021, 14:30
by VenomLolo
RealNC wrote: ↑21 Jan 2019, 15:42
pox02 wrote:OMGGGG this settings so amazing with my 2518hf wtfff you are legend bro its 1-1 with freesync like for real best feeling ever same as freesync thank you so much for this but can i ask its lock on 239 fps cause its vsync on?
If you have freesync, why are you using scanline sync?
I would like to learn scanline sync because my freesync monitor stutters a lot, with any type of sync combinations even with freesync on or off, even with rivatuner framelimiter it stutters and recently ive been playing around with scanline and im getting nice picture but i would like to do it correctly.
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 07 Dec 2021, 22:58
by Chief Blur Buster
VenomLolo wrote: ↑07 Dec 2021, 14:30
RealNC wrote: ↑21 Jan 2019, 15:42
pox02 wrote:OMGGGG this settings so amazing with my 2518hf wtfff you are legend bro its 1-1 with freesync like for real best feeling ever same as freesync thank you so much for this but can i ask its lock on 239 fps cause its vsync on?
If you have freesync, why are you using scanline sync?
I would like to learn scanline sync because my freesync monitor stutters a lot, with any type of sync combinations even with freesync on or off, even with rivatuner framelimiter it stutters and recently ive been playing around with scanline and im getting nice picture but i would like to do it correctly.
If you are playing offline, try Special K's Latent Sync. It is a clone of RTSS Scanline Sync that is now easier and superior to RTSS Scanline Sync.
(Problem is, Special K is flagged in some online games via anticheat systems)
Re: Scanline sync is AMAZING !
Posted: 15 Dec 2021, 18:15
by VenomLolo
Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑07 Dec 2021, 22:58
VenomLolo wrote: ↑07 Dec 2021, 14:30
RealNC wrote: ↑21 Jan 2019, 15:42
pox02 wrote:OMGGGG this settings so amazing with my 2518hf wtfff you are legend bro its 1-1 with freesync like for real best feeling ever same as freesync thank you so much for this but can i ask its lock on 239 fps cause its vsync on?
If you have freesync, why are you using scanline sync?
I would like to learn scanline sync because my freesync monitor stutters a lot, with any type of sync combinations even with freesync on or off, even with rivatuner framelimiter it stutters and recently ive been playing around with scanline and im getting nice picture but i would like to do it correctly.
If you are playing offline, try Special K's Latent Sync. It is a clone of RTSS Scanline Sync that is now easier and superior to RTSS Scanline Sync.
(Problem is, Special K is flagged in some online games via anticheat systems)
Chief please help me

I've been struggling a lot, now I lowered my monitor refresh rate to 120 from 144 and using my HDMI 2.0 instead of the default cable that came in with my monitor (msi optix mag321cqr) and i must say that the video looks great but I'm still getting those little dips in fps (120 to 119 or 115) and still getting the stuttery feeling. Sometimes when panning the cámara too fast cause the same feeling. Currently I'm playing halo infinite and this happening quiet a little maybe because it's a big open world and in the screen I see all the world and while panning the frsmetime goes ^∆^∆^∆^∆^∆ like zig zag. Also on nvcp set no scaling and GPU but I'm still getting this. I'm currently waiting on a display Port cable I ordered from Amazon it's the Capshi display Port 1.4 in hopes that this gives me a new light

please send help and also where to find specialK I have looked for this but unsure on how to use