Page 23 of 55
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 14 Jun 2020, 22:51
by pstn
Hey guys,
I just got my 2746s, I'm trying to use display modes so I can simulate a 19" 4:3 monitor or 24". Thing is, if I run 1024x768 or 800x600, or 1152x864 the monitor gets it as 1280x1024 which screws up the monitor scaling. Any idea how I can get it to output the resolution untouched?
Thanks
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 00:16
by Wazzupi
Dirty Scrubz wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 18:09
Wazzupi wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 14:29
Conan wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 14:10
Can someone explain DyAc+ on xl2546s?
Is that thing increases input lag or response time?
I'm all in for performance and if it does literally nothing and I wont be gaining anything I'd get the xl2546
Everything you see this monitor advertised as includes dyac+ on its default always on you can't turn it off unless you open up its service menu.
DyAC is toggled in the regular menu and isn’t always on. I wouldn’t recommend keeping it on unless you’re gaming.
I never looked my bad but it is on by default and why do u say it shouldnt be kept on at all times?
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 01:00
by Dirty Scrubz
Wazzupi wrote: ↑15 Jun 2020, 00:16
Dirty Scrubz wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 18:09
Wazzupi wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 14:29
Conan wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 14:10
Can someone explain DyAc+ on xl2546s?
Is that thing increases input lag or response time?
I'm all in for performance and if it does literally nothing and I wont be gaining anything I'd get the xl2546
Everything you see this monitor advertised as includes dyac+ on its default always on you can't turn it off unless you open up its service menu.
DyAC is toggled in the regular menu and isn’t always on. I wouldn’t recommend keeping it on unless you’re gaming.
I never looked my bad but it is on by default and why do u say it shouldnt be kept on at all times?
DyAc overdrives your backlight so there's no need to have it on all the time. Plus some people would experience eye strain from having it on for normal use all the time.
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 03:05
by Conan
Dirty Scrubz wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 18:09
DyAC is toggled in the regular menu and isn’t always on. I wouldn’t recommend keeping it on unless you’re gaming.
Dirty Scrubz, why is that? What does DyAC changes? Does it have to be on while gaming? If it is, does it messes up with response time or input lag at the cost of better moving image quality?
Sorry for being complete noob about these things.
Are you a competitive gamer? What was the previous monitor you owned?
And thank you for your replies!
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 03:22
by LordGurciullo
Nothing Beats Dyac +? I hope so!
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tests/inputs/input-lag
I can't find any info on our monitor but the best seems to be 4.6ms on and 2.7 off.
Personally I can't play without anti motion blur. I was on a crt from 92-2019 and I wish I still was.
I wonder what ours is... maybe 3.5 ms with dyac +??
I'm really excited about this and hope it kicks ass. I'll probably have more questions for you guys as well...
like 1. Fr33thy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy6QPIn9ORI
He says HDMI works faster ... is that even possible?
also I've been running dyac on all the time... I didn't know it wasn't built to do that on my xl2546...
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 03:38
by LordGurciullo
Also.
I run on 23 persistence and earliest strobe phase 12 (which puts the crosshair what seems to me right below the crosshair)
With this I might be able to do persistance 25! with the increased brightness yah?
This video he is showing the response time is almost the same with the IPS 240hz panels..
The viewsonic elite that Chief worked on and the asus vg279qm Both seem to be fast..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
I'd like to hear Chief's thoughts on the Viewsonic, the vg279qm, and the xl2746s which seem to be the top 3 contenders...
One has ELMB Sync
One was configured by Chief
and the other is the Zowie...
Did we make the right call?
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 05:05
by sosuyike
I placed a order in the UK amazon, not yet dispatched, the weird part about it is that they unlisted the monitor on the UK store and in all the other European stores it appears to be out of stock.
Has anyone got the monitor from any EU amazon, or anything besides "Not yet dispatched"?
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 10:06
by baluka79
sosuyike wrote: ↑15 Jun 2020, 05:05
I placed a order in the UK amazon, not yet dispatched, the weird part about it is that they unlisted the monitor on the UK store and in all the other European stores it appears to be out of stock.
Has anyone got the monitor from any EU amazon, or anything besides "Not yet dispatched"?
I ordered from amazon uk too, they don't know when will they deliver. I asked benq eu store , they expect in Stock end of june or july.
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 10:54
by kofman13
Dirty Scrubz wrote: ↑15 Jun 2020, 01:00
Wazzupi wrote: ↑15 Jun 2020, 00:16
Dirty Scrubz wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 18:09
Wazzupi wrote: ↑14 Jun 2020, 14:29
Everything you see this monitor advertised as includes dyac+ on its default always on you can't turn it off unless you open up its service menu.
DyAC is toggled in the regular menu and isn’t always on. I wouldn’t recommend keeping it on unless you’re gaming.
I never looked my bad but it is on by default and why do u say it shouldnt be kept on at all times?
DyAc overdrives your backlight so there's no need to have it on all the time. Plus some people would experience eye strain from having it on for normal use all the time.
im worried about eye strain playing hours of games a day with strobe/dyac, thats one reason why i been holding off and scared to get XL2546S
Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread
Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 17:06
by alx2f3k
Hey. Its sold out already as I'm typing this but I wanted to hop in and say that on June 12th the XL2746S on amazon in the US got at least 8 in stock and sold out within 24 hours. I was able to grab one. Should arrive by the end of the week.