Page 96 of 127
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 13 Mar 2022, 12:37
by krypton61
Hey guys,
I have a issue, this has been happening since a couple of days. When i'm on the pc doing some default browsing and playing games a black screen occurs out of nowhere, this happens a couple of times, in different moments. Anyone any idea's how i can fix this issue?
Also, which overdrive mode would be better to use for games as csgo and valorant as example? Rtings says 'Normal' is better then Extreme but seems like alot of people like the 'Extreme' OD setting here.
Thx
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 14 Mar 2022, 06:43
by repo
Hey guys,
1. I have problem with add in cru 1920 x 1080 390 hz
i can add 1280 960 390 hz, but on 1920 its not possible, i have red color when i put 390 hz, i use dp cable also i delete from extension blocks all detailed resolution ( gtx 1070 ) also i use no scaling and display in nvidia settings
2. I have question about acer settings, i just play in csgo and my question is about settings, i know a lot of players dont use dyac on benq, but i heard vrb is so much better, can someone explain me how its work? i mean less input lag ( vrb off ) could be better ( in theory ) for fps games than vrb on if i good understand vrb give us better motion clarity and game is "smoother" but overall less input lag give us more benefits? idk just why i ask there about that and i wait on your opinions about that, what is more important for player in your opinion,
I have simple thinking less input lag = u see faster your opponent, but a lot of people there said vrb extreme is the best option in this monitor
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 15 Mar 2022, 12:34
by krypton61
krypton61 wrote: ↑13 Mar 2022, 12:37
Hey guys,
I have a issue, this has been happening since a couple of days. When i'm on the pc doing some default browsing and playing games a black screen occurs out of nowhere, this happens a couple of times, in different moments. Anyone any idea's how i can fix this issue?
Also, which overdrive mode would be better to use for games as csgo and valorant as example? Rtings says 'Normal' is better then Extreme but seems like alot of people like the 'Extreme' OD setting here.
Thx
Anyone can help please, as i said above. The screen just goes black out of nowhere multiple times a day whenever iam playing videogames or browsing. It goes black for around a second then comes back but it is very irritating.
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 15 Mar 2022, 13:52
by mkdp
krypton61 wrote: ↑13 Mar 2022, 12:37
Hey guys,
I have a issue, this has been happening since a couple of days. When i'm on the pc doing some default browsing and playing games a black screen occurs out of nowhere, this happens a couple of times, in different moments. Anyone any idea's how i can fix this issue?
Also, which overdrive mode would be better to use for games as csgo and valorant as example? Rtings says 'Normal' is better then Extreme but seems like alot of people like the 'Extreme' OD setting here.
Thx
I have the same problem. I tried pretty much everything (reinstalling drivers, using another cable etc) and just noticed that it is actually my fridge which causes it (from the other side of the apartment). Everytime my screen goes black I can hear the fridge make a certain noise at the same time. So at least for me it is some kind of an electrical interference which causes it to go black for a couple of seconds.
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 18 Mar 2022, 19:10
by Jadzira
Guys I need help. What value should I put to RTSS Scanline Sync?
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 18 Mar 2022, 20:37
by daviddave1
I bought a 6 months old €250,- XL4546K just for PUBG and Apex its so good for those games. I tried playing Quake Live also on it in the hope I can sell the XV252QF. I tried it before and thought this time maybe it was placebo. It wasn't.. XV252QF def is better for Quake live. Now I switch between monitors when I switch between games. Going to keep both monitors until Zowie releases a 360HZ.
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 21 Mar 2022, 08:31
by Elixir
Where can I buy this?
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 22 Mar 2022, 00:44
by PiCKiN
Elixir wrote: ↑21 Mar 2022, 08:31
Where can I buy this?
Depends where you live. I got mine from Microcenter. Got it shipped to me.
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 22 Mar 2022, 06:04
by daviddave1
Elixir wrote: ↑21 Mar 2022, 08:31
Where can I buy this?
I am selling mine for 339 euro plus shipping costs. If u live in the E.U. let me know then I can put it on Ebay for u.
here is the Dutch website where I am selling it right now. U can see the pictures.
https://tweakers.net/aanbod/3002080/ace ... nieuw.html
Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 23 Mar 2022, 07:50
by axaro1
daviddave1 wrote: ↑18 Mar 2022, 20:37
XV252QF def is better for Quake live. Now I switch between monitors when I switch between games.
There are only a few games where I can reach 390fps consistently and Splitgate (very similar to Quake Arena) is one of them, strobing is always sensible to fps<strobe rates (example:
https://blurbusters.com/wp-content/upl ... icates.png) and even 360fps vs 390 is a noticeable reduction in microstutters and clarity improvement.
These fast-paced games surely benefit from both the refresh rate and VRB clarity improvements, using RTSS to simulate tearless lagless Vsync while mantaining 390fps consistently makes clarity pretty much flawless.
It's unfortunate that I can't reach more than 200~300fps in games like Apex and Ovewatch, I just need to be patient and wait for Zen4/Raptor Lake...