Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF
Posted: 28 Mar 2022, 17:37
Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™
https://forums.blurbusters.com/
Follow up to this post, inspired by a pro (Overwatch EU contender) who is using this monitor at 240hz I tried 240hz but with 1950VT (2000 is out of range) with 2000 HT. Crosstalk is pretty much non existent except for top 2 rows (where there is some minor crosstalk)axaro1 wrote: ↑28 Mar 2022, 16:27I'm sticking to Nvidia Control Panel because I'm failing to change timings even when deleting every resolution (Standard, Established, Detailed), deleting every single hardware block, sticking to DisplayID 1.3 and 2.0 and putting them on top to force priority, I hope that ToastyX will fix this issue in the near future.
I'm currently using a custom 1920x1080p resolution with 1200VT and 2000HT, I'm wondering if I could get different results with CRU...

Whenever I open CS:GO my VRB gets set to 'Off' do you experience this issue too?Softhe wrote: ↑25 Mar 2022, 15:01Here are some CSGO settings i think are great
Overdrive Extreme
VRB Extreme
Both of these are fine at normal also
color settings;
r gain; 55
g gain; 50
b gain; 50
r bias; 51
g bias; 49
b bias; 49
r saturate; 100
g saturate; 80
b saturate; 80
y saturate; 55
m saturate; 50
c saturate; 80
For it to work for me I had to remove the "Default extension block" too. I imagined that was where the displayport resolutions were hiding but it seems I might've been incorrect.
I tested 1950VT 240hz and I can't say that it looked as good to me as what you're describing, using both NVCP and CRU.
I can push the Pixel Clock to 975Mhz as evidenced by my screenshot from earlier in the thread. The limiting value for my unit when pushing the VT seems to be the Horizontal Scanrate at 469.380 kHz, anything higher like for example 469.381 kHz results in "No Signal". I'm unsure which one of these values are important(more important?) for QFT as the QFT guide just tells you to check either radio-button.
NVCP timing approach surely is different to what CRU uses.tlp wrote: ↑01 Apr 2022, 01:15I can push the Pixel Clock to 975Mhz as evidenced by my screenshot from earlier in the thread. The limiting value for my unit when pushing the VT seems to be the Horizontal Scanrate at 469.380 kHz, anything higher like for example 469.381 kHz results in "No Signal". I'm unsure which one of these values are important(more important?) for QFT as the QFT guide just tells you to check either radio-button.
I'm not sure if it's possible to work with the same granularity when using NVCP, in CRU I just increased the Horizontal Scanrate which NVCP doesn't let you do. But atleast NVCP doesn't seem to break the overdrive.
I would be interested in seeing some crosstalk examples if you've got the time/energy/drive to shoot and post em!
Anyway, here's the Crosstalk test at 240hz with 1950VT: