8khz devices and usb ports (rear IO)
Posted: 07 Apr 2024, 02:01
Hello to all of you! I saw a topic here about devices with a high frequency (2,4,8 khz).
But I have a specific question: what did you mean when you said that high-Hz devices should be inserted into the farthest USB ports?
Did you mean the farthest ones in terms of rear location? Or did you mean as far as possible from the point of view that, for example, I should connect the mouse to the port that goes directly to the processor, and the keyboard to the port that goes to the chipset, and that will be enough?
In other words: for the least input lag (or for the correct work of both devices), is the option suitable for me in which I connect all devices with high Hz to the processor, and the ports will be under each other? (X670E Ace)
Or do I need to look for a motherboard on which I can just connect a mouse to the processor, a keyboard to the chipset, but the ports would be geographically opposite to each other? (something like B650E Carbon or another board with a large (or at least some) physical distance between the processor and chipset ports)
I am attaching 3 photos, the first one X670E Ace - 3 ports under each other, all connected to the processor. Third port - bios flashback.
Second photo - X650E Carbon. Processor ports are located on opposite sides of the network connector
Third photo - Asrock Taichi Lite. A board on which the ports are located as far apart from each other as possible, but not one of them is connected to the processor. Moreover, the extreme ports on the panel, if I understand correctly, may not have enough power for the devices.
My specs now:
Z790 Edge
13900K
My devices: Razer 8khz, Razer Huntsman V2 (8khz), Acer 390Hz monitor, Hyper X Cloud II.
Since my motherboard does not have ports directly to the processor and there is no second slot to the processor either, I connected headphones to the 2.0 ports, and divided the mouse and keyboard into different usb-controllers. Everything seems to be working correctly.
But I still want to assemble an ideal system for high-Hz devices.
But I have a specific question: what did you mean when you said that high-Hz devices should be inserted into the farthest USB ports?
Did you mean the farthest ones in terms of rear location? Or did you mean as far as possible from the point of view that, for example, I should connect the mouse to the port that goes directly to the processor, and the keyboard to the port that goes to the chipset, and that will be enough?
In other words: for the least input lag (or for the correct work of both devices), is the option suitable for me in which I connect all devices with high Hz to the processor, and the ports will be under each other? (X670E Ace)
Or do I need to look for a motherboard on which I can just connect a mouse to the processor, a keyboard to the chipset, but the ports would be geographically opposite to each other? (something like B650E Carbon or another board with a large (or at least some) physical distance between the processor and chipset ports)
I am attaching 3 photos, the first one X670E Ace - 3 ports under each other, all connected to the processor. Third port - bios flashback.
Second photo - X650E Carbon. Processor ports are located on opposite sides of the network connector
Third photo - Asrock Taichi Lite. A board on which the ports are located as far apart from each other as possible, but not one of them is connected to the processor. Moreover, the extreme ports on the panel, if I understand correctly, may not have enough power for the devices.
My specs now:
Z790 Edge
13900K
My devices: Razer 8khz, Razer Huntsman V2 (8khz), Acer 390Hz monitor, Hyper X Cloud II.
Since my motherboard does not have ports directly to the processor and there is no second slot to the processor either, I connected headphones to the 2.0 ports, and divided the mouse and keyboard into different usb-controllers. Everything seems to be working correctly.
But I still want to assemble an ideal system for high-Hz devices.