Solved my mouse/frame jitter problem. Specific to AMD dual CCD's.
Posted: 03 May 2026, 01:41
https://testufo.com/mouserate
I have an AMD dual CCD 5900x. On windows 11 stock. Does not apply to x3d chips, those are a different beast.
Using CPPC (Enabled) & CPPC Preferred (Disabled). This solved my jitter problem. Using the mouse tester, I would consistently get big gaps in my mouse reports. I used to have CPPC Enabled & CPPC Preferred Enabled. It's such a relief to have finally figured it out. I honestly thought it was EMI.
Hope this helps anyone else.
Here's the explanation of why it helps I posted in an edit. viewtopic.php?t=15427#p124036
I have an AMD dual CCD 5900x. On windows 11 stock. Does not apply to x3d chips, those are a different beast.
Using CPPC (Enabled) & CPPC Preferred (Disabled). This solved my jitter problem. Using the mouse tester, I would consistently get big gaps in my mouse reports. I used to have CPPC Enabled & CPPC Preferred Enabled. It's such a relief to have finally figured it out. I honestly thought it was EMI.
Hope this helps anyone else.
Here's the explanation of why it helps I posted in an edit. viewtopic.php?t=15427#p124036
Edit 2: I recently discovered that cppc enabled & cppc preferred disabled is the ideal bios setting for my AMD dual ccd 5900x. It's specifically for dual ccd's. Can also be advantageous for other cpu types. Main gain here is cppc preferred causes windows scheduler to favor and assign processes to the 2 best cores. This causes those 2 cores to get overloaded and suffer constant context switching. This can also cause processes to jump cores a lot because they are constantly competing to use the 2 best cores. This causes processes to migrate to the other ccd requiring recaching memory to the new ccd. CPPC prefered disabled prevents this by utilizing all cores not favoring any core. Resulting in less context switching, overloading, ccd migration and competition for cpu time. It also reduces hotspots since the workload is spread across all cores rather than the 2 best cores. Which in turn minimizes constant fan ramping. As when the load is only focused on 2 best cores, the heat spread is lessened resulting in constant fan ramping to dissipate that hotspot. It's easier to dissipate heat when it's spread out rather than being localized to 2 distinct areas.
It also solved my periodic frame jitter problem. Using the blur busters mouse test https://testufo.com/mouserate . I used to get consistent large gaps in my mouse reports. This fixed that jitter for me. I'm really happy I finally figured that out. It was the last and only performance problem I had with my machine that I gave up on for the longest time.