Page 1 of 1

I'm giving up on mouse floaty

Posted: 03 Sep 2026, 20:49
by kwahjs
First of all, hello everyone I’m writing this from a translation, so please forgive me if there are any mistakes. I’d like to share my experiences with you.
The problem started around the third month after I upgraded my system. Actually, it’s been there for 4–5 years, but the “floaty mouse” issue surfaced around the third month of this year. The problems I experienced before that

I’ve used 240Hz–360Hz monitors for years, but the problem was that it always felt like 60Hz, and when opponents peeked at me, I couldn’t react in time. I played like this for years, but the mouse always felt good. I’ve been trying to fix the mouse for 6 months now, and there’s almost nothing I haven’t tried yet.

Keyboard
Mouse
Monitor
New Computer Case
Online double-conversion UPS
Isolation transformer
EMI Filters
Optical Fiber HDMI
Different location, different house (It only works properly for 2 days in another house, and the problem persists) This problem arose on my AMD system after I upgraded to a 5080 and 600 Hz, but I always thought the problem was on the AMD side. Then I built an Intel 14700KF system—it worked great for the first two days, everything was perfect. I scored 30 in my first Faceit match, but then it broke down too, and I realized the problem wasn’t related to the 9850X3D.
-Aysafromnazareth-Astro- I had professionals tweak the settings, but it didn’t help at all.
The mouse briefly improves when I blow on the sensor or press Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B, but then it starts acting up again immediately. I thought the problem was caused by the 5080, so I sold it at a loss. Then I installed my old 4070 Ti Super, and it worked great—but only for one day before it completely stopped working.


I have a friend who’s been through almost seven different homes with the same issue—in every one, it worked great for the first two days, but then it became terrible. I think the problem causes permanent damage to the mice; there’s no other explanation, because I’ve experienced the exact same thing.

I first started experiencing this “floaty” feeling with my FK-1C mouse. Later, I bought a SuperStrikex2, and it worked great for the first 2–3 hours, but then it, too, started gliding like it was on ice. I’ve lost the will to keep trying things, so I’m giving up on this. I’ve put my case up for sale—maybe one day when I move to a new house, I’ll build a brand-new system (new house, completely new system).

I wish everyone the best of luck in figuring out this problem—I hope you find a solution. I’ve given up; I don’t want to waste any more of my money or time on this.

I hope this problem will be resolved when I set up a completely new system in my new home.
GG BOYS

Re: I'm giving up on mouse floaty

Posted: 01 Oct 2026, 00:30
by jterri
kwahjs wrote: ↑
03 Sep 2026, 20:49
First of all, hello everyone I’m writing this from a translation, so please forgive me if there are any mistakes. I’d like to share my experiences with you.
The problem started around the third month after I upgraded my system. Actually, it’s been there for 4–5 years, but the “floaty mouse” issue surfaced around the third month of this year. The problems I experienced before that

I’ve used 240Hz–360Hz monitors for years, but the problem was that it always felt like 60Hz, and when opponents peeked at me, I couldn’t react in time. I played like this for years, but the mouse always felt good. I’ve been trying to fix the mouse for 6 months now, and there’s almost nothing I haven’t tried yet.

Keyboard
Mouse
Monitor
New Computer Case
Online double-conversion UPS
Isolation transformer
EMI Filters
Optical Fiber HDMI
Different location, different house (It only works properly for 2 days in another house, and the problem persists) This problem arose on my AMD system after I upgraded to a 5080 and 600 Hz, but I always thought the problem was on the AMD side. Then I built an Intel 14700KF system—it worked great for the first two days, everything was perfect. I scored 30 in my first Faceit match, but then it broke down too, and I realized the problem wasn’t related to the 9850X3D.
-Aysafromnazareth-Astro- I had professionals tweak the settings, but it didn’t help at all.
The mouse briefly improves when I blow on the sensor or press Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B, but then it starts acting up again immediately. I thought the problem was caused by the 5080, so I sold it at a loss. Then I installed my old 4070 Ti Super, and it worked great—but only for one day before it completely stopped working.


I have a friend who’s been through almost seven different homes with the same issue—in every one, it worked great for the first two days, but then it became terrible. I think the problem causes permanent damage to the mice; there’s no other explanation, because I’ve experienced the exact same thing.

I first started experiencing this “floaty” feeling with my FK-1C mouse. Later, I bought a SuperStrikex2, and it worked great for the first 2–3 hours, but then it, too, started gliding like it was on ice. I’ve lost the will to keep trying things, so I’m giving up on this. I’ve put my case up for sale—maybe one day when I move to a new house, I’ll build a brand-new system (new house, completely new system).

I wish everyone the best of luck in figuring out this problem—I hope you find a solution. I’ve given up; I don’t want to waste any more of my money or time on this.

I hope this problem will be resolved when I set up a completely new system in my new home.
GG BOYS
When do you plan to move?

Re: I'm giving up on mouse floaty

Posted: 01 Oct 2026, 01:24
by Hubcio
I play now on iPad Pro m5 13” in Fortnite with legal aim assist like aimbot, playing using WiFi(having kind of shit fiber provider) and having a blast XDD today I will have better fiber and it will be even better. Idk why this input lag shit problem exists… how the fuck is it even possible?