Page 1 of 1
I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 11:04
by gwizzwy
Got a new keyboard over the weekend, Asus Falchion ACE HE. As soon as a plugged it in, something felt different. Not better or worse necessarily but different. After playing a few games with it I tried to change the actuation points through the software and came across the polling rate options. On that keyboard you can only choose 1000 or 8000, default was 8000. I changed to 1000 and swung my mouse around and there was an instant difference same as before.
Then I remembered I saw a few reddit threads over the years mentioning "switching to full wireless fixed my problem". I had tried this before with my previous keyboard, Asus Azoth, and noticed no difference.
Except! When I went back and found that thread, the OP mentioned the wireless keyboard they bought was some cheap logitech combo, not gaming specific. Cheap keyboards usually run at 125hz out of the box and can't be changed.
Now, every keyboard I've owned since ~2018 has been gaming focused, some cheap, most expensive. Meaning all of those keyboards were locked to 1000hz. But my Asus Azoth has a bluetooth option, which can only handle 125hz. I got the old keyboard out of the box and paired it with bluetooth. Instantly smoother mouse movement on the desktop. Hopped in CS2 DM, I'm basically one of the WalkBots now. I went even further and turned my mouse polling rate down as far as tolerable, 250hz, got even better. I'm playing on 70 ping like its LAN.
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 11:15
by gwizzwy
To add on, think about where the majority of CS pro players come from and the hardware they play on starting out. Usually poorer countries in Eastern Europe, and South America. Look at players like Ropz who made FPL playing on a garbage PC with a 60hz monitor. The people playing from LAN cafes with the cheapest peripherals known to man. Then there are players like Fer, who played with his mouse (Rival 300 from 2014) on 125hz for 99% of his career, his Rival 300 broke in 2022, and he dropped off the face of the planet, from #2 in the world to complete bot in a few years. GuardiaN was the same, he played with a SteelSeries Sensei (125hz out of the box) for his entire career before switching to a Xtrfy 1000hz around 2018, gets benched on FaZe in 2019 and goes to Navi, gets kicked from Navi.
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 12:26
by astroasis
Nice but did you have the other issues like blurry display, bad audio, desync, turning appliances on and off, wiggling wires etc changing how your pc feels?
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 12:29
by nickchraj
i also noticed that running my mouse at 125hz feels snappier than 1000hz but with more input lag. anything beyond 1000hz for me is just horible
im not sure about keyboard, pretty sure i should have tested mice with keyboard unplugged if that was the issue i would have noticed
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 13:05
by gwizzwy
astroasis wrote: ↑14 Sep 2026, 12:26
Nice but did you have the other issues like blurry display, bad audio, desync, turning appliances on and off, wiggling wires etc changing how your pc feels?
Yes but that's why I still think it's somehow related to the electrical. I had my house rewired a few months ago and a lot of the problem went away, except for the actual desync.
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 14:10
by MK92
Why would mouse or keyboards matter? I tried one random office mouse that I bought for fun in a supermarket which literally costed only 3€, and guess what it works perfeclty since I got dedicated circuit for PC only, but before I tried mouse for 100€ and it was bad. It is how the CPU processes information, it has NOTHING to do with peripheral inputs...you said you rewired the house and now it works fine, so this was the culprit and not random keyboard change
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 14:21
by gwizzwy
MK92 wrote: ↑14 Sep 2026, 14:10
Why would mouse or keyboards matter? I tried one random office mouse that I bought for fun in a supermarket which literally costed only 3€, and guess what it works perfeclty since I got dedicated circuit for PC only, but before I tried mouse for 100€ and it was bad. It is how the CPU processes information, it has NOTHING to do with peripheral inputs...you said you rewired the house and now it works fine, so this was the culprit and not random keyboard change
House was rewired in May 2026, I was still getting desync problems but blurry screen and 60hz feeling went away
Re: I think I solved it - Keyboard + Mouse Polling rates.
Posted: 14 Sep 2026, 16:21
by Desync4life
Nah. It’ll come back
Just like buying a new headset fixed it for me. Or buying a new controller fixed it. Or changing a certain setting fixed it. Over under clocking is just another tweak that worked for today, or a week. And will be gone
It always comes back.
And people have this problem on console as well, it has nothing to do with any certain mouse or keyboard