Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Atari 2600 motion blur research and experiments

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers. The masters on Blur Busters.

Re: Atari 2600 motion blur research and experiments

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 18 May 2018, 14:18

Mr SQL wrote:This is awesome stuff! I'm continuing to read through your research articles and I will share this thread with the research scientists that were trying to understand the related effects in STARBLITZ and debunking them with contrived explanations.

Great!

You've probably seen many of the TestUFO motion tests by now, including the custom-configured links too (like the 5-UFO black-frame-insertion links).

I am always creating new tests (several per year) that piggybacks of several kinds of display behaviours.

You can show your researcher friends some of my favourite TestUFO animations.

- www.testufo.com/persistence
- www.testufo.com/eyetracking
- www.testufo.com/blackframes#count=4&bonusufo=1
- www.testufo.com/vrr
- www.testufo.com/ghosting

Sometimes a globally-viewable animation is better than a scientific paper.
(Papers are important too)

That's why I invented TestUFO -- it works in most web browsers worldwide.

Sometimes people don't want to believe in things until they see these custom-crafted motion tests similar to the above. Accompanied with quite simple experimentally-proven explanations with wide industry support.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
To support Blur Busters: Official List of Best Gaming Monitors | G-SYNC | FreeSync | Ultrawide
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Area 51: Display Science, Research & Engineering