Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Why I'm done with 240hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Re: Why I'm done with 240hz

Postby theangryregulator » 13 Feb 2019, 13:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
theangryregulator wrote:Yep totally agreed with the above. By the way do you cap the frame rate for QC with RTSS? It seems more stable that the in-game limiter.

In-game framerate limiters are less microsecond-precise than RTSS but can still be lower average lag.

Capping precision doesn't necessarily lower latency. Sometimes it's a slight tradeoff effect.

Ah gotcha, thanks Chief.

Does anyone deal with VRR dropping/turning off on the windows desktop? I notice this because I usually have the gsync notifier turned on and I confirm it with the monitors OSD. I'll play a game with VRR enabled and then quit back to desktop and after a while VRR is not longer functioning until windows is restarted.

XG2402
RTX 2060 - 417.71
theangryregulator

Postby RealNC » 13 Feb 2019, 14:20

theangryregulator wrote:Does anyone deal with VRR dropping/turning off on the windows desktop? I notice this because I usually have the gsync notifier turned on and I confirm it with the monitors OSD. I'll play a game with VRR enabled and then quit back to desktop and after a while VRR is not longer functioning until windows is restarted.

Hm, never had that issue with a regular gsync monitor. Must be a bug with the nvidia driver on non-gsync VRR displays.
TwitterSteamGitHubStack Overflow

The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.
RealNC

Postby theangryregulator » 14 Feb 2019, 22:24

ah right looks like I'm not the only one:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 8/#5273328
theangryregulator

Previous

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More