RTSS Scanline Sync HOWTO

Everything about input lag. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: RTSS Scanline Sync HOWTO

Post by RealNC » 25 Jun 2019, 10:01

Abiak wrote:Ok so scanline sync 60 and fps limit 60?
No. Just scanline sync. Scanline sync is the FPS limiter. Do not apply any other FPS limiter on top.
TwitterSteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Abiak

Post by Abiak » 25 Jun 2019, 12:12

Thanks.
Chief Blur Buster wrote: 8. Enable the Scanline Sync hotkeys, it makes calibration easier (arrow keys to move the tearline UP/DOWN)
Enable the Hotkeys to manually move the tearline up/down Add SyncHotkeys=1 to your config file to enable shortcuts. Hold CTRL+SHIFT while using UP/DOWN arrow to move the tearline up and down.
Can you explain this? Which config file?

Edit: nvm done...

mist

Post by mist » 29 Oct 2019, 17:29

This thread must be sticked at top.

MrFix

Post by MrFix » 01 Dec 2019, 14:10

My only problem with this whole thread is that it doesn't actually tell you how to enable the feature in RTSS, even though it's supposed to be a how-to! :lol:

MrFix

Post by MrFix » 01 Dec 2019, 14:21

How does one go about turning it on? I can see how to tweak the numbers, but how does one actually turn on the Scanline Sync, or is it done by simply changing the number there? I don't see any difference when I'm changing the numbers, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Dec 2019, 15:32

MrFix wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 14:21
How does one go about turning it on? I can see how to tweak the numbers, but how does one actually turn on the Scanline Sync, or is it done by simply changing the number there? I don't see any difference when I'm changing the numbers, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!
1. Calibrate it using VSYNC OFF
2. Use horizontal panning motion (continual panning or strafing)
3. Use a game whose frame rate that rarely dip below Hz
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors